Contest 07/2021: CLASSIC MOVIE SCENES

• contest_2021-07_png.png

This month the topic is CLASSIC MOVIE SCENES! Create a SP-Studio picture about a really famous scene from a movie. “Classic” does not mean the movie has to be old but usually it takes some time for a certain scene to stick out. You can try to recreate a scene as close as possible or make a parody as long as it is recognizable.

Examples: The “talking to me” scene from Taxi Driver, the “King o the World” scene from Titanic, the fake orgasm from When Harry met Sally, “O Captain! My Captain” from Dead Poets Society, the Storming of Omaha Beach from Saving Private Ryan, the “bigger boat” scene from Jaws, dodging bullets from The Matrix or the shower scene from Psycho.

The rules are as always:

1. CREATE a SP-Studio picture about the topic of the month
    2. UPLOAD your unedited picture until the 20th
    3. VOTING will start on the 21st on the contest page
    4. THE WINNERS will be announced at the start of next month

Rules for pictures:

You are only allowed to use the SP-Studio (the old one or the new one), so do not edit with additional software. No cutting, drawing or filters. You are allowed to resize your picture, but make sure it's at least 300x300 px big. The original size is best. Of course it must be your own creation. Please add a fitting title to show how it is related to the topic.

• The vote will start in a couple of hours but you can use the extra hours to still submit pictures. I got a surprise Covid vaccine today (finally!) and am a bit tired, but tomorrow I will have time for the contest.

• I understand that. But the characters also work without the fists. I always found them a bit aggressive, anyway. So I personally don't have a problem with that.

Would you suggest some sort of warning, if someone wants to download a picture without hands? Should people who submit a picture without hands get disqualified?

Maybe Janina could redraw the handless forearm a bit so that its end looks more like a relaxed hand.

• I understand that. But the characters also work without the fists. I always found them a bit aggressive, anyway. So I personally don't have a problem with that.

Would you suggest some sort of warning, if someone wants to download a picture without hands? Should people who submit a picture without hands get disqualified?

Maybe Janina could redraw the handless forearm a bit so that its end looks more like a relaxed hand.

I usually look at what the filename is. What extension is has. And I have quite the experience with creative use of items in SP-STUDIO so I always check if I can spot how it is pulled off. And if something seems off I ring the alarm bells.

• Would you suggest some sort of warning, if someone wants to download a picture without hands? Should people who submit a picture without hands get disqualified?

No. Not having hands is not a reason you should be disqualified.

Often the file name and if my eye spots stuff that is now correct. Often the edits are sloppy and you can see clear pixels.

What? No! lack of hands in a picture is just an author's oversight, or plain lazyness, but just because someone did a sloppy job on their picture IS NOT a reason for disqualification. David, I know you have good intensions, but we are not here to forcibly improve other's work. Just let them do whatever they want with their picture.

• David, I know you have good intensions, but we are not here to forcibly improve other's work.

That's exactly what I wanted to express.

Often the file name and if my eye spots stuff that is now correct. Often the edits are sloppy and you can see clear pixels.

But not using the full potential of SP-Studio and manipulating entries for the contest are completely different things.

• I think we all agree that being lazy with the hands is no reason for disqualitfiaction. And some even might be on purpose.

For several reason I'd recommend to use hands though. Some clothes and items to hold in the hands are optimized for the regular hands. So they might look strange otherwise. In the old SP-Studio when you added a body hands were added automatically... But this is not possible (yet) with the new SP-Studio. I thought the base shape would be used as a starting point. But I guess after deleting the first picture the SP-Studio users don't use the base shape anymore and add everything on their own. Perhaps there should be a button "create base character" after clearing the canvas? Right now you only get the base character back when you reload the page with a blank canvas. An easy to miss feature.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!