Halloween

• Any plans for halloween? Is it celebrated where you live? Or do you think it is just annoying?

When I was a little kid Halloween was no big deal in Germany, but since then it has grown in popularity. Some complain about copying a holiday and I can understand this. It's all about the money, selling costumes and candy. But at least it's a lot of fun and especially children like it. And I like the fact that it's not as religious as most other holidays.

I don't do much. I'd dress up as a zombie if there was a Halloween party, but my friends don't seem to be interested in it. So I will just stay at home and watch horror movies with my husband. Last year we had a Friday the 13th marathon with all sequels (not in one day)... we should think of something like this again :).

By the way: My favorite Halloween movie is Trick'r Treat. Check it out if you search for great Halloween atmosphere!

• I fucking love Halloween. I have a Rocky Horror Screening on Friday, party on Saturday, Halloween Jam Session on Wednesday and another party on Thursday.

I'll be wearing my Riddler costume to all of them. And I'll probably play some acoustic versions of a few Halloween type songs on Wednesday, "Sweet Transvestite" is a definite. I might get my friends together next week to watch The Shining or something.

• :thumbdown: I don't like Halloween... because it's an imported, just for commercial purposes, holiday.

I like the stuff about carving pumpkins, but not all the costumes, partys and 'trick or treat' stuff... made just to copy what is seen on american TV series and movies.
    Even with the intentions to find relationships with traditional celebrations of these days.

The Spanish traditional way to celebrate the 'All Saint's Day' (november, the 1st) and 'All Soul's Day' (november, the 2nd) is to visit the cementerys, perform 'Don Juan Tenorio' in theatres and eat 'saint's bones', a typical desert made with marzipan filled with egg yolk.
    [Blocked Image: http://www.ecos-online.de/files/ecos/leadimages/huesossanto.jpg]

Nothing refered to monsters, vampires, zombies and so.

Unfortunately the war is lost: USA wins.

• My housemate is basically Queen of the Goths so we always have IMMENSE Halloween parties. The entire house gets decorated with different themed rooms (the abattoir in the conservatory is a highlight, as is the swamp in the bathroom). The parties usually last about 48 hours on average; my kidneys are going to be taking a right kicking this weekend. :whatever:

• I'm going to a Halloween party next Wednesday (on Halloween). Don't really know what to go as though. I'll probably just wear my old Freddy Krueger costume...

So, anyone one got any old pictures from Halloween?
    I can't find any right now on my computer but if I do I'll post them.

• Halloween is really big in America.
    I love it.
    I love dressing up and seeing what my friends dress up as...

But I've been so busy with school work that I haven't had time to think of what I want to dress up as for Halloween....and it's good enough so people don't have to ask me "What are you supposed to be?" every five minutes.... :whatever:

I'm hoping to get some fun out of it.... :(

• Quote from Janina

By the way: My favorite Halloween movie is Trick'r Treat. Check it out if you search for great Halloween atmosphere!

Nice to know im not the only one who loves that movie. Anyway, i dont have anything planned on Halloween, i might see if anyone's having a party. I have plans for the night before, which include, but are not limited to: egging my old middle school, going back to the abandoned house that sent me to the hospital, and egging the little kids who think their badass tp-ing houses.

Heres what will most likely happen: ill go out, someone will get me weed, and ill spend the next few hours trying to remember what Halloween is.

• So Halloween's coming up soon; what y'all doing for it? Any plans? I haven't really got any (which sucks) so I might just host a small party or something. :)

Quote from Janina

I only just saw this film the other day and I loved it. Probably my favorite Halloween film of all time, that or Halloween of course, which I only just saw last year to be honest.

• I tried to invite some friends, but most don't care for Halloween, so it will be just my husband and me with some horror movies. It might be a good excuse to try out some horror make up though... so maybe you will see some strange photos later ;).

By the way: We run a little movie marathon this month. We try to watch 31 horror movies (which we don't know yet) in 31 days. So far my favorites are Insidious, Tremors and Heartless. Very bad: Jurassic Shark and Bear.

• The day of Halloween, I have school...I might do something afterwards.
    But the next day, my band is playing a Halloween show and all of the bands are dressing up as whatever band they want...the only rule is to only play covers of the band they're dressing up as!
    So...my band is dressing up as The Ramones! =)

• Heyyyy!
    So it's October, and Halloween is coming up in a couple of weeks!
    Any costume ideas? :D

• So, it's two days till Halloween, how will y'all be celebrating it? I haven't really got any plans, I'll probably just have a horror movie marathon with my buddies or something; any horror movie suggestions, guys?

• Two friends come over and we watch some horror movies. I'm looking forward to it :). Still not sure about my costume... I bought some horror make up and will most likely do something gory with it. We haven't decided about movies yet, but have a long list.

If you search for good horror movies I'd recommend:

- Trick'r Treat (best halloween atmosphere)
    - It follows (my favorite new horror film this year so far)
    - Ju On: The Grudge (most creepy horror film for my taste)
    - Chillerama (fun :D)

Those are some of my personal favorites.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!