Contest 04/2023: ANIMATED DISNEY CHARACTERS

• Official Post

contest_2023-04_png.png

Let's see how the upload function from the new contest tool works out. Here comes the April contest! To make it easy to find a well known character for all age groups it is about DISNEY characters. But only the ones which come from original animated Disney movies or cartoons. NO STAR WARS OR MARVEL! Pixar movies count.

SP-Studio picture contest 04/2023
    Create a picture about an animated Disney character! You can pick any character from a Disney cartoon or animated movie.
    pollunit.com

Please remember: You are only allowed to use the SP-Studio, so do not edit with additional software (no cutting, drawing or filters). Don’t resize your picture to less than 750×750 px (this is new). Of course it must be your own creation.

The rules are as always:

1. CREATE a SP-Studio picture about the topic of the month
    2. UPLOAD your unedited picture until the 20th
    3. VOTING will start on the 21st on the contest page
    4. THE WINNERS will be announced at the start of next month

Thanks for your feedback about how to deal with the new rise in visitor numbers and the new software. For now I kept the setting that you must enter a name to submit a picture or to vote. But there is no registration required. I set a minimum image size of 750x750 pixel and a maximum file size of 1 MB. This should limit the amount of spam uploads. There also is the option to limit the uploads per user - but I want to see first if I need this. Some of you change their picture several times. For now you can upload as many pictures as you want and the newest one will be kept for the contest (as it was before).

• Official Post

50 pictures after two days. That's amazing, but also a problem - because there's currently a limit of 100 uploads.

I can pay more to increase the limit to 500... but who is going to scroll through so many pictures to rate them? Do you think this makes sense?

There could be a jury to sort out double entries to reduce the number to 100. Some of the more "usual" princesses look very similar. I know this was not a very popular thought, but I did not think there would ever be so many entries.

• Official Post

The submission phase and voting phase are both managed by the same tool. If you want to have more than 100 picture in a contest you need to pay for a bigger plan. So at the moment the submission of new entries is impossible when 100 are reached. Paying more would be okay for me, it's just 10 $. I just wonder if the voting phase would be too overwhelming.

• A preselection would only be possible after all entries have been submitted, anyway. After more thoroughly consideration, I also wonder who should be part of a jury. Most people on the forum also take part in the contest. People might see a conflict of interest in that.

I think it makes sense to increase the number of possible submissions. As I understand it, the pictures also get randomly arranged for every user. So technically, every picture should have the same chance even if voters don't always scroll through all submissions.

• A preselection would only be possible after all entries have been submitted, anyway. After more thoroughly consideration, I also wonder who should be part of a jury. Most people on the forum also take part in the contest. People might see a conflict of interest in that.

I think it makes sense to increase the number of possible submissions. As I understand it, the pictures also get randomly arranged for every user. So technically, every picture should have the same chance even if voters don't always scroll through all submissions.

I assume me and Eggy will probably help with that. Yes we might take part of the contest. But we have helped Janina in the past with questionable contest entrees. And we have no reason to cheat in that.

• Official Post

If there ever would be a jury I would most likely ask about 5 trustworthy people from the forum if they want to help. They need a good eye for what's possible with the SP-Studio. Then I would create an area in the forum where they can discuss the pictures.

Since it's no vote for the best but just a preselection process I think this would be fair even if these people participate themselves. The only goal would be to pick the most boring pictures - and I think I have a pretty good feeling for this. It's not even a feeling in most cases. For example if somebody just uses the existing Belle dress + hair and does nothing more with the picture this would be a reason to sort the picture out. With 10 eyes there is room for discussing if a decision is not that clear.

But this is just one possible solution. The other would be to just wait - and if there are 400 pictures at the end so be it. David has a good peoint that with the random sorting everybody has the same chances, even if not all pictures are looked through by everybody.

• Official Post

10 days arer over, 10 to go! :)

So far we have about 150 pictures which count. And there are many creative ideas with many different characters. It will be fun to scroll to all of them when the voting starts.

Just as a tip: Belle, Ariel, Mickey, Donald, Peter Pan, Snow White, Rapunzel, Ursula and Cinderella are popular picks so far, with multiple versions already. So maybe try to find someone else or come up with a unique way to build them.

I decided to delete parody characters, because I feel like they might just win because they show a "creepy Mickey" or "ugly Disney princess" and not because of how good the picture is. There will be other contests which allow more freedom, but this time the challenge should be to recreate the original characters.

• Official Post

The vote for the Disney contest has started!

SP-Studio picture contest 04/2023
    Create a picture about an animated Disney character! You can pick any character from a Disney cartoon or animated movie. But no Star Wars, no Marvel.
    pollunit.com

Like as many favorites as you want.

There are SO MANY cool pictures this time! With over 200 accepted entries this is a new record. By default they are shown in a random order, but you can sort them by title to make it easier to compare similar characters. And don't forgt you can also write comments.

Jareen and I already looked through the pictures and many were deleted which did not fit the rules. But if you notice anything fishy please tell me about it. With so many entries something might have slipped through.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!