Occupations & School

• As a kid I wanted to become a comic artist for Disney animated movies... after I wanted to got to the circus. When I realized most of them have a pretty boring job (always drawing what others tell you to draw) I decided to study art. I went to the studio of an artist every weekend from the age of 14 to the age of 19 and when I graduated from school (Abitur) I sent my portfolio to the Städel in Frankfurt, a famous university for liberal arts. I was sure they were going to let me in, because this was the only plan I had for my life. They had to!
    They did not.
    But it wasn't that bad, because this brought me to an academy where I studied "communication design" (I am not sure if that's the right translation). It was the perfect mix between classic art and modern design. I graduated 2007 and like most of us I started to work as a trainee for an advertising agency. It was a very interesting time and I learned a lot. But I realized this stressful job would mean no free time... no time for SP-Studio.de and all the others things I wanted to do. So I decided to try to work as a freelancer for webdesign and illustrations. And that's what I still do today :).
    It's risky, because you never know if and how much you are going to earn this month. But you are your own boss and can work at home. I enjoy this ver ymuch.

@Viral Monster: This sounds exciting, I wish you luck! :) Do you already know a school where you want to go?

• I am student, too. At the moment 9th grade of secondary school "Realschule".
    I want to became a radiomoderator. I have no plan B but it must be something with creative things...

• I'm the assistant manager of the greatest pub in existence, and a part-time musician. I've got a degree in Film Studies that I've never used for anything, it's a hell of a hard industry to break into if you're not 100% committed and I realised sometime in my second year that my heart wasn't in filmmaking enough to make a career out of it. It's always been about the music more than anything for me.

• Quote from Caribou

I'm the assistant manager of the greatest pub in existence, and a part-time musician. I've got a degree in Film Studies that I've never used for anything, it's a hell of a hard industry to break into if you're not 100% committed and I realised sometime in my second year that my heart wasn't in filmmaking enough to make a career out of it. It's always been about the music more than anything for me.

>Degree in Film Studies
    >Goes to work in a pub.

I like your style.

• I've never had anything even resembling a "life direction". Uni was more a convenient way of doing what the hell I wanted for three years rather than a stepping-stone to something bigger. Not the wisest move in hindsight, but I had a blast all the same. :)

• In a perfect world I'd absolutely love to direct, write, and play guitar, all for a living...

• Actually, I'm studying Archaeology, but before that, I studied History of Art and Philosophy, although I couldn't make it to the end of those studies....Don't ask.... After University, I'd like to be an Egyptologist.

• im a student but about a year ago i made youtube vids for money but long story short i got banned... and my vids got deleted.

• I'm a Media student and a Bar man at weekends, both rewarding occupations right there. With media I hope to go into the production side which is tough I know, but still I can dream.

• Sounds good. Nearly everyone on here does or wants to do something with media... cool :)

• Yea...film directors, a radio mod,...lots of musicans, design freelances, pup managers... Some serial killers and a egyptologist...

• Note: I deleted all of the spammy comments because they were off topic and had nothing to do with jobs/occupations/careers.

I'm in my junior year of college (third year) and my major is Media Studies!
    After I graduate, I hope to work in a public relations firm or something with advertising...
    My current job right now is cashier/stock-girl at a pharmacy lol.

Honestly, my dream occupation would to tour around the world with my band, but like I said, it's only a dream. :P
    School comes first!

• Lol if my dream occupation came true, and I end up playing a European tour...I'd give a shout-out to all of my SP-Studio friends! :D

Okay, back to reality.
    Hopefully by next year, I should be interning at a public relations firm of some sort...hopefully a paid internship lol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!