The Official "Rate the TV Show/Movie Above You"

• Quote from Dogzilla

0.0000000000000000000000000001/10

Really, man?! Damn, I really enjoy American Dad!. I personaly think the writing isn't as lazy and cheap as Family Guy (Not nearly as many Cutaway gags as Family Guy ;) ).

Quote from Till

call me mainstream, but what about how i met your mother?

"Why does everything that has to be big and popular suck? I got a problem with that, so I'm trying to do something about it."-Julian Casablancas (On Pop Music)

I like like that quote, Till. I think it fitting for allot of things, not just music. Try not to worry too much about what's "mainstream". Hell, South Park is a mainstream show, and it's great! So is How I Met Your Mother.

• Quote from ADePALMA1251

Really, man?! Damn, I really enjoy American Dad!. I personaly think the writing isn't as lazy and cheap as Family Guy (Not nearly as many Cutaway gags as Family Guy ;) ).

Well to be honest, what I've seen from the newest season of American Dad is a lot better than what I've seen from the newest season of Family Guy (and 0.0000000000000000000000000001/10 was a bit of an over exaggeration, so I'll say, 4.1/10). But generally, I think American Dad is pretty suckish. I'd say the old episodes of Family Guy are better than the old episodes of American Dad, however the new episodes of American dad are a lot better than new Family episodes. Nowadays, Seth MacFarlane is just getting incredibly lazy with Family Guy and Cleveland Show (is any one even watching that show anyway?). And now the fact that he's making a new 'Flinstones' series makes me want to puke.

Family Guy: 6.4/10
    American Dad: 4.1/10
    Cleveland Show: 1.9/10.

Anyways, Full Metal Jacket?

• 8/10
    I know it might deserve even better, but I am really not into war / anti war movies.

BTW I think you should NOT REPLY if you do not know the movie/show. At least wait some days and do not just say N/A because you want to write your own. Please :).
    So here's my additional vote for American Psycho: 8/10

Highlander? (the movie)

• - - - ADMIN INTERRUPTION - - -

I just read it now:

Quote from Caribou

Yes, heaven forbid that this thread has some interesting, reasoned posts rather than just a list of films with numbers next to them. :rolleyes:

Geez, your argument threshold is astonishingly low, isn't it? Dogzilla didn't say anything at all out of line, he wasn't rude, he didn't belabour the point at all - and in cases like this where it's obvious that someone hasn't read the first post properly then it's better that someone points it out quickly rather than let them carry on with the misapprehension, no?

Not to mention that Dogzilla is part of the moderation team; he's well aware of what he should and shouldn't be saying on this board, and his last post was completely acceptable. We don't censor each other here, so it'd be appreciated if you refrain from telling people what they can and can't post. ;)

Caribou is right, please listen to him and the other mods.

Putting numbers in a row is not very interesting... This is a forum so it is good if people write a sentence or two about their decision. They don't have to, but it should not be forbidden as long as it is not off topic.
    And stop writing "leave him/her alone" if there is no need for it ;). I have read that a couple of times now and there never was a reason.
    I cannot be in the forum all the time, so please respect the mods.

• TWO THINGS:

Quote from ADePALMA1251

"Why does everything that has to be big and popular suck? I got a problem with that, so I'm trying to do something about it."-Julian Casablancas (On Pop Music)

I like like that quote, Till. I think it fitting for allot of things, not just music. Try not to worry too much about what's "mainstream". Hell, South Park is a mainstream show, and it's great! So is [i]How I Met Your Mother[/i].

absolutely.
    If theres a show, a band, movie or whatever... and lots of people like it, it means just its good. Or would those people like it if it wouldn't be good? definitely not.
    And just because you like, what lots of others like too, that don't means your no special person.

the thing I underlined was just what I wanted to say with my first post.

And this:

Quote from Janina

BTW I think you should NOT REPLY if you do not know the movie/show. At least wait some days and do not just say N/A because you want to write your own. Please .

I think was clear, without needing to tell anyone.

I haven't seen it yet/10

or

NA/10

:wall:

Quote from ADePALMA1251

When a user has absoultley NO paitence, and answers a question that maybe doesn't pertain to them, just so they can selfishly ask thier question. Instead of course simply waiting for another question that they can in fact give a reasonable answer too ...

just needed to say. Now please back to topic: Janina asked about the movie "Highlander".

• Quote from Janina

BTW I think you should NOT REPLY if you do not know the movie/show. At least wait some days and do not just say N/A because you want to write your own. Please :).

Yes, thank you for putting that.

Quote from Till

just needed to say.

Ha! Glad someone noticed I was focusing on this thread when I wrote that. :lol:
    Anyway, Star Wars the original trilogy? 8.2/10. Now if you were to ask just Empire Strikes Back seperetley, I'd give it a 9/10.

• The Shining: 8.5/10

It was missed, so I rated this one ;). I like it very much, but to be a 9 or even 10 a movie must really hit me. Often that's a very pesonal decision. The Shining is a really good movie, but none of my all time favorites.

Eggyslav: :thumbup:

The X-Files? (you can split it up into seasons if you want)

• I rank the X-Files 7/10.
    Unique characters, interesting plots, conflicts, etc.

Seinfeld!

• 8/10!

Great dialogue, fun plots, unique characters...definately a show that I miss being on the air.

The Breakfast Club

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!