Contest 03/2014: DISNEY

• [Blocked Image: http://www.planearium.de/sp-studio/forum/images/contest043.jpg]

This month is all about Disney characters. I mainly thought of the animated ones, but if you have a good idea for a different Walt Disney related picture this will count as well :). But please remember: No made up characters this time.

Some examples: Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, the cast of Duck Tales or Darkwing Duck, princesses (Arielle, Pocahontas, Mulan, Cinderella,...), heroes (Bambi, Basil, Hercules, Peter Pan,...), villains (Scar, Gaston, Frollo, Hook,...) or sidekicks (Timon, Pumbaa,...) from the animated movies. Of course computer animated characters (like from Frozen) and those only known from comic books count as well.

HOW TO JOIN:

If you are new: Register a nickname by clicking on the REGISTER button in the menu on top of this page.
    Then you can upload your picture to the contest gallery.
    The pictures will all show up on March 21, before this they are hidden. Then everybody can vote.

RULES:

• The picture must be created at sp-studio.de and submitted here till March 20, 11:59 PM (GMT+1).
    • No editing with additional software! No effects, color change, zooming. Just SP-Studio pictures.
      You are allowed to rotate the picture.
    • Add a fitting English title & description (optional). You can add reference links. No text like "VOTE!!!".
    • If you upload more than one picture for a contest the newest counts and the others are deleted.
    • When the voting starts registered users can rate the pictures (1-5 stars) until March 31st.
    • Vote fair! Do not manipulate results by telling friends to give you 5 stars and others 1 star. I will ban you for this.

PRIZES:

1st place: Make a wish for a new SP-Studio item and I will draw and include it.
    1st to 5th place: You win your own User Gallery. If you already have one you can upload 30 more files to it now.
    Janina's Choice: I might pick one additional person, if I think he/she deserves a user gallery. The score doesn't matter.

• I would say it is okay, because the Pixar movies were released under the Walt Disney name. But focusing on animated characters would be nice :). If we start to allow Star Wars this would be too much.

• Wow, 30 pictures! :) Thank you all so much for joining this contest, it will be very difficult to pick a winner from so many great pictures. I had to disquliafy three submissions, because they had nothing to do with Disney characters, but it still is a very successful contest. Welcome our new artists with some comments and fair ratings :).

• Quote from Janina

Wow, 30 pictures! :) Thank you all so much for joining this contest, it will be very difficult to pick a winner from so many great pictures. I had to disquliafy three submissions, because they had nothing to do with Disney characters, but it still is a very successful contest. Welcome our new artists with some comments and fair ratings :).

Was 1 picture a joker picture with a mickey hat on? :awesome:

• Jokers seems to be not very trendy anymore... :(. So I guess it's finally time for a DC contest for May!
    But not before we had a look at some Disney characters:

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS:

1) ADePALMA1251)
    2) Caribou
    3) AMParsons29
    4) Jareen2
    5) Strider

[album]5441[/album]

[album]5449[/album] [album]5457[/album] [album]5446[/album] [album]5471[/album]

There were even more very creative pictures, others did an amazing job as well.

• Congratulations to the winners. :joy: and to the participants; this time we have had so many pictures. :clap:

Take note for the Contest Leaderboard that there has been a draw in the 4th place. ;)

And the 'Unofficial Mathematical Classification' gives these results: :pc:

1 Toy Story: alien.........................................3,63 x 8 = 29,04 [3]
    2 Toy Story: Mr. Potato.....................................4,67 x 6 = 28,02 [1]
    3 Hercules: Hades & Pinocchio: Geppeto..........3,57 x 7 = 24,99 [4]
    5 NBC: Jack Skellington....................................3,43 x 7 = 24,01 [6]
    6 Frozen: Elsa's last stand..............................3,00 x 8 = 24 [8]
    7 POTC: Jack Sparrow (1)................................2,75 x 8 = 22 [9]
    8 The Lion King: Hyena...................................3,14 x 7 = 21,98 [7]
    9 Brave: Princess Merida.................................2,38 x 8 = 19,04 [10]
    10 Snow White...............................................1,89 x 9 = 17,01 [18]
    11 Aladdin: the Genie......................................4,17 x 4 = 16,68 [2]

Changes in the winner while the official second place sinks to the 11th with just four voters and the 18th climbs to the 10th thanks to being the most voted picture.

• What's the point of this? It doesn't make any sense. :?:

• Quote from Dogzilla

What's the point of this? It doesn't make any sense. :?:

I've explained it in previous posts... (I don't know exactly where... ) and it's about the way to determine the winner of the contests. The forum uses (automatically) a statistical method than calculates the average of the ratings given to the pictures and this alternative method is mathematical, adding the ratings given to the pictures. In my opinion the latest is fairer (but tedious, as the average is given automatically by the forum) as all voters counts in the same way. With the average, if a picture has less number of voters than another one, these votes have more weight in the results.

For example:
    - Pic A: Two voters: 5 and 5 => average = 5,0: winner
    - Pic B: Five voters: 5, 5, 5, 5, 4 => average = 4,8: looser
    ... But picture B has been better rated by much more people than A, hasn't it?

With the mathematical method, A would be 5+5 = 10 points and B would be 5+5+5+5+4 = 24 points. Much fairer, don't you think?
    ;)
    The results of both ways to compute the votes are only the same when the number of voters is the same, case that almost never happens.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!