• The standard rebuttal

A 6-minute video giving a more detailed account on why Kony2012 is a bad idea from Ugandan journalist Rosebell Kagumire

Basically, don't be suckered by the slick marketing video. At best these people will waste your money, at worst they'll actively fund the problem they're claiming to be against. If you really want to help the people of Uganda, there are plenty of other charities that are much more deserving of your money than Invisible Children.

• 'finding' kony 2012 is kinda like your first shit. It means alot to you, but you learn everyone else had/watched it, and it dosent matter. Also, are we the only ones to see through this bullshit? Everyone at my school thinks its good, and I look like an asshole for poionting out the shit. Its just a piece of shit for fuckin soccor moms to complain about the world and give rich people more money. Dont listen to the shit dude.

• What makes me sad about videos like that (apart from the fact that most likely the money will not reach those who really need it) is they make you believe you can save the world by clicking "like" and switching off your brain. Now you're a hero, congratulations! That's not how it works. It's the same with many stories about cruelty to animals or handicapped children on Facebook. Awareness is important, but we are reaching a point where it's all about sharing links and not about real help anymore. And most people just share something without thinking about wether it's good or bad - or even just a fake. Finding out more about what's going on is simple, thanks to Google. But even using Google seems to be too much work.

If everybody who shares a link about how bad the world is would actually donate 1 $ to a trustworthy organisation instead this would help a lot.

But I am sure OscarGold101 meant it good, so don't take it personal :). I just see so much of this stuff recently. And I am not a better person myself.

• I know, right? It's literally the most batshit insane thing I've heard in a very long time; I thought I was reading a joke article by mistake at first. Certainly makes that bit in the video where his son says he wants to grow up just like Daddy take on a whole new level of creepy.

Can't wait for the South Park episode.

• Quote from Caribou

I know, right? It's literally the most batshit insane thing I've heard in a very long time; I thought I was reading a joke article by mistake at first. Certainly makes that bit in the video where his son says he wants to grow up just like Daddy take on a whole new level of creepy.

Can't wait for the South Park episode.

1. Start Charity for soilders in Afarica. 2. Make viral video. 3. Masterbate in public. Now lets see someone do them in reveres, THATS a story

• Quote from Wade Zabel

1. Start Charity for soilders in Afarica. 2. Make viral video. 3. Masterbate in public. Now lets see someone do them in reveres, THATS a story

Haha, nice. I saw this and thought that they got the whole pile of shit down per-fect...

• Pretty much called it about a month ago that this would die out quickly.

Quote from ADePALMA1251

Haha, nice. I saw this and thought that they got the whole pile of shit down per-fect...

Oh god Egoraptor's sexy voice hnnnnnnng.

• Quote from {-}___{-}

It's funny how no one talks about him anymore.

Kony hasn't been an active force in Uganda for years and the Invisible Children thing crashed and burned long before their planned day of protest. There isn't much to talk about now beyond "Hey, remember that Kony thing? That was crazy for about a week, wasn't it?".

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!