Contest 11/2014: FANTASY MOVIES

• [Blocked Image: http://www.planearium.de/sp-studio/forum/images/contest051.jpg]

Movie genres are a great topic, because everybody knows something about them - so let's do another one! This time you can pick any existing FANTASY MOVIE. You can make a picture about a specific scene, show one character or recreate the movie poster - it is up to you.

Fantasy is defined as a fictional story which involves magic, supernatural forces or made up creatures (dragons, fairies,...). Wikipedia adds: "Fantasy is generally distinguished from the genres of science fiction and horror by the expectation that it steers clear of scientific and macabre themes." I know there are overlaps, but please try to stick to typical Fantasy movies.
    - no superhero movies
    - no sci-fi movies
    - no horror movies (but they can be dark and creepy of course)
    You can write me a message if you are not sure about your movie.

Examples: The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Conan the Barbarian, The Princess Bride, Krull, Edward Scissorhands, Dragonheart, Hook, Willow, Legend, Pan's Labyrinth, Excalibur,...

HOW TO JOIN:

If you are new: Register a nickname by clicking on the REGISTER button in the menu on top of this page.
    Then you can upload your picture to the contest gallery.
    The pictures will all show up on November 21, before this they are hidden. Then everybody can vote.

RULES:

• The picture must be created at sp-studio.de and submitted here till November 20, 11:59 PM (GMT+1).
    • No editing with additional software! No effects, color change, zooming. Just SP-Studio pictures.
      You are allowed to rotate the picture.
    • Add a fitting English title & description (optional). You can add reference links. No text like "VOTE!!!".
    • If you upload more than one picture for a contest the newest counts and the others are deleted.
    • When the voting starts registered users can rate the pictures (1-5 stars) until November 30st.
    • Vote fair! Do not manipulate results by telling friends to give you 5 stars and others 1 star. I will ban you for this.

PRIZES:

1st place: Make a wish for a new SP-Studio item and I will draw and include it.
    1st to 5th place: You win your own User Gallery. If you already have one you can upload 30 more files to it now.
    Janina's Choice: I might pick one additional person, if I think he/she deserves a user gallery. The score doesn't matter.

• Woot, I love fantasy!

Do they have to be live action movies? All the examples are, but I don't see anything in your description that proscribes animated movies.

• Could I do something from Indiana Jones? (Such as The Ark opening, Pulling out the heart, Holy Grail, [strike]Crystal Skull[/strike] That wasn't a real Indy movie..., Etc)

• Animated movies are okay, but since most animated movies use some fantastic elements (talking animals, a fairy tale world,...) I would prefer those with very typical fantasy stories. "The sword in the stone" would be a perfect example, or "How to train your dragon" or "Shrek".

Indiana Jones... well... for the most part those movies are just adventure stories. There are some magical elements like the holy grail, so I guess I would allow the pictures because of this. But for me they are no typical fantasy movies. How about this: If you choose a movie with just a small amount of fantasy stuff in it, it would be best to show it in the picture to make it relevant. So for example you could show Indiana Jones with the grail.

• CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS:

1) sexyshane
    2) Jareen2
    3) Jetpack-guy
    4) AMParsons29
    5) FloreGrohl

[album]6048[/album]

[album]6074[/album] [album]6049[/album] [album]6186[/album] [album]6050[/album]

What's your wish, sexyshane? :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!