MUSIC

• I give it two years tops before Queen are touring with a hologram of Freddie Mercury.

• Now all we need is to make holograms of John Lennon and George Harrison... :]
    Man, wouldn't that be amazing...

Heck, I think I can make a list on how many dead musicians need to be made into holograms lol.

• Quote from Jetpack-guy

i know! i think its finally the future!

Totally. This is the kinda thing you'd see in a Star Trek episode 40 years ago.

• Cheers! :cheers:
    Looks like we'll be getting our flying cars sooner than we think! xD

Anyways, with that kind of technology, they will probably make holograms of bands/musicians who died a long, long time ago...so there will be plenty of reunion tours! Like The Beatles, The Doors, Nirvana, Elvis Presley, Sublime, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix....yeah, I think that's enough for now lol.

• I think it's fair to say Kurt Cobain would have absolutely hated the idea of "coming back" as a hologram, so I doubt we'll ever see that one.

• Quote from Caribou

I think it's fair to say Kurt Cobain would have absolutely hated the idea of "coming back" as a hologram, so I doubt we'll ever see that one.

I don't think Kurt really has a say in this for obvious reasons, and I wouldn't trust the people who want to milk every penny out of Nirvana's name regardless of Kurt's morals.

• Sure, Courtney Love might go for it. Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic almost certainly wouldn't though, and I don't see the appeal of a hologram of Kurt solo.

Hip Hop lends itself to this sort of thing much easier, too. Nirvana were often ragged as hell live, and that was part of the appeal. You can't program in the kind of fuckups Kurt regularly made, and he wasn't half the showman that Tupac is in the first place. I can see a lot of people wanting to jump on the hologram bandwagon, but Nirvana is one that I really don't see happening.

• Quote from bellaXraven

Anyways, with that kind of technology, they will probably make holograms of bands/musicians who died a long, long time ago...so there will be plenty of reunion tours! Like The Beatles, The Doors, Nirvana, Elvis Presley, Sublime, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix....yeah, I think that's enough for now lol.

I hope this doesn't become some new phenomenom. It just seems like you would go to a concert to watch gameplay from Guitar Hero. :nono: ...

Quote from Caribou

You can't program in the kind of fuckups Kurt regularly made...

Same can be said for Morrison. It would be unnatural to witness a computer generated image of Jim hanging on to the mic stand for dear life without the fear that he might pass out. And your right, its way easier for Hip Hop to pull something like a hologram off...

• I bought Jack White's first solo record, Blunderbuss last week, and it is very good. I would definitley recomend it...

• Quote from ADePALMA1251

I bought Jack White's first solo record, Blunderbuss last week, and it is very good. I would definitley recomend it...

Not heard it yet, but I haven't heard anything that Jack White has ever touched that I haven't thought was at least pretty good. He's just ridiculously consistent, which is all the more remarkable seeing as he releases something new roughly every eight hours.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!