No more room for shirts - what should I do?

• I ask for your feedback again regarding a change in the user interface.

This might sound strange, but the "unique designs" category for the shirts is full. I did not know this is possible, but the workspace of Flash seems to be limited to a certain lenght. So I have two options now if I want to add more shirts: Smaller preview pictures (but I want to avoid this - and it only helps for a while). Or I'll have to split the shirts into more categories (like the hair or stuff categories). I am curious about your opinion regarding this.

How would you like the shirts to be sorted?

The obvious solution would be to keep the order that already exists and split them this way:
    Shirts (or maybe splitted in long sleeves / short sleeves) | Dresses | FIFA Special | Freestyle
    But I am open to different ideas. For example: Do you want an extra category for historic clothes or movie costumes?

• I think the best option is to put them into sub-categories.

What if, as an order, they are arranged by use? such as Sportswear, Armour, Formal wear etc.

• Like JPG said, I'd say split the unique designs into cathegories, so they can be easilly managed:

Shirts | Suits | Historical and ethnical clothing | Armor (both sci-fi and historical) | Uniforms (Medical, Police, Fire brigades, Army, also prisoner jumpsuits and enviromental safety clothing, like spacesuits, Haz-mat suits, etc.) | Overalls and shirts with suspenders | Sportsgear (including the FIFA Special) | Dresses | Costumes (Animal costumes, and all that jazz) | Outerwear (all the coats, jackets and sweaters) | freestyle.

• Thanks for your feedback so far :).
    I have tested those categories but it is really difficult...

I am afraid it would be too many categories and some of them would be really small. For example there would only be 3 columns of armour and uniforms and only 2 colums of suits. So you'd have to switch between categories a lot to see all the different clothes and I feel like this is not necessary yet. About 4 categories would be enough for now. At least that's what I think.

Another problem I noticed now is that it is very difficult to find "clear" categories which are not irritating in some way and don't overlap. If I include "armor" and "historical" people might look for knight's armor in the wrong place. If I include "formal" and "dresses" there is the same problem. And even if the categories don't overlap it is difficult to choose the fitting "use" for many clothes. A striped shirt might look casual to some and formal to others. And you can war the insect costumes as regular shirts if you don't know what they are meant to be.

So after testing different categories this is what seems to be the most useful organization to me, because you know what you get:
    shirts - short sleeves | shirts - long sleeves | dresses | freestyle
    But it is not decided yet, I am just trying out.

• At first I would split into two cathegories: 'football shirts' and all the rest.
    This groups are well different and gives no chance to confussion.

When the space gained by this way is filled, maybe it could be made the cathegorie 'dresses' or 'historical'.

• I'd vote for:
    shirts | football shirts| dresses | freestyle

I feel like football shirts are distinctive and should be out of the way when you don't need them. Dresses are a discrete enough category as well. But long or short sleeves shirt won't make browsing any easier I feel.

• Sounds like it's decided anyway, but I agree with salinea. The less sub-categories the better, although there are enough football kits to warrant their own section, especially as they were all added at once and don't get used particularly often these days.

• I wouldn't necessarily be against the idea of having the pop culture items in their own category, but then that raises the question of whether or not to include all the South Park stuff in with them (or even give the South Park stuff its own category, although even that is probably overcomplicating things).

• And several items are based on pop culture but look casual, like the Fight Club, BTTF, Big Lebowski or Wolverine jackets. This makes it difficult to look for them in the correct category.

But this reminds me of something I thought about a while back. I wondered if it would be nice to have a mouse over effect that shows a small description about an item if it is based on anything known? Something like "Inspired by Game of Thrones". I did not include it because it would mean some extra work, but if you like the idea I might be able to do it when I work on the shirts category anyway.

• Quote from Janina

I wondered if it would be nice to have a mouse over effect that shows a small description about an item if it is based on anything known? Something like "Inspired by Game of Thrones". I did not include it because it would mean some extra work, but if you like the idea I might be able to do it when I work on the shirts category anyway.

I like the idea a lot, but if it's going to mean a lot of hassle for you then I'd say don't go to any trouble...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!