Contest Leaderboard - A Nerdy Numbers Thread

• When I first started this thread, it was very tight at the top between four or five people, but after winning several contests in a row where there weren't many participants, I ended up being in the lead by a ridiculous margin (which is partly why I've only entered a handful of contests over the last couple of years; the last thing I want is for this thread to end up looking like some self-congratulatory vanity-project).

With this in mind, I've been working for a while to implement the averaging system that I originally ruled out for being too much effort. It's taken a while, especially tracking down all the entries from users who never signed up to the new site, but I've finally managed to include a set of statistics that show the average number of points each user has scored in each contest they've entered. These figures are now included alongside the regular list, with the leaders marked in good old traditional gold, silver and bronze.

Under this system (and discounting Nepathian, who never joined the new site) the current three leaders are Ildorf, Joker, and Lefiou. And I've got quite a way to go to catch up with them. :gnnn:

• I miss some points... You have to check the ties in the scores (I think we have talk about it before...:(

I have two winning contests, one of them tied with Eggyslav (december 2015), five second places (O.K.; one tied with Jetpack-guy, jan 2016), four thirds (O.K.), five fourths (O.K.) and four fifths.
    They are 20 'top-fives' and a sum of 56 points.

The authomatic classification doesn't take into account the ties in the scores and places the pictures in alphabetical order. ;)

• I always do check for tied scores but it was inevitable something was going to start going wrong somewhere eventually. So many numbers... I always did prefer words anyway. I'll do the double-checking and update again as soon as I get chance.

I don't suppose you can pin-point the list where I started going wrong? Hopefully it wasn't too far back... </

• I've made an Excel table :pc: with all the contests recorded and my results are:

1 jareen2................96
    2 Caribou................82
    3 Eggyslav..............72
    4 Jetpack-guy.........63
    5 Strider.................55
    6 ADePalma1251....54
    7 lefiou...................49
    8 Joker...................48
    9 Till.......................40
    10 Ildorf.................39

You have it here.

• Our numbers don't tally in a few places... how are you scoring yours? Because I notice in the latest contest you gave Jareen2 three points, but under my system fourth place gets two points.

• Quote from Caribou

Our numbers don't tally in a few places... how are you scoring yours? Because I notice in the latest contest you gave Jareen2 three points, but under my system fourth place gets two points.

You're right with Jareen2. Sorry.

I give 5 points to the 1st, 4 to the 2nd, 3 to the 3rd, 2 to the 4rd and 1 to the 5th.
    In the case of the ties I give the same points to them. If there is a double tie in the 1st place the next one will be in the 3rd place (3 points). If the tie is in the 5th all of them gets 1 point.

The updated table:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…7766/SP-S_leaderboard.xls

• In my list I consider Joker and Joker5 as two different members.

Checking up to the 25th contest the classifications matches (considering Joker and Joker5 together) except for bellaXraven that has 2 seconds and no thirds in your list and 1 second and one third in mine.

• Quote from Strider

In my list I consider Joker and Joker5 as two different members.

Checking up to the 25th contest the classifications matches (considering Joker and Joker5 together) except for bellaXraven that has 2 seconds and no thirds in your list and 1 second and one third in mine.

Joker5 changed his name to Joker at some point, it's the same guy. I'll start rechecking the lists when I have time.

• Agh! Since this thread seems to be getting more attention I guess I should make a start on rechecking the counts </

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!