Contest 10/2013: DEAD CELEBRITIES

• The topic for the SP-Studio Halloween contest is DEAD CELEBRITIES. You can go in very different directions here by creating funny ghost pictures or serious tributes for the deceased. But remember: The picture must be about a famous person who is already dead. What you make out of it is up to you :).

NO FICTIONAL CHARACTERS! I though about allowing fictional characters as well, but decided not to do so. If you pick characters from books, tv-shows and movies which die, this would be a huge spoiler for everybody who does not know the end of the story so far. Another reason is: If I'd allow this there would be tons of zombies and vampires, and this would be kind of boring. So let's focus on real people this time, who actually existed. The time they lived in does not matter.

HOW TO JOIN:

If you are new: Register a nickname by clicking on the REGISTER button in the menu on top of this page.
    Then you can upload your picture to the contest gallery.
    The pictures will all show up on October 16, before this they are hidden. Then everybody can vote.

RULES:

• The picture must be created at sp-studio.de and submitted here till October 15th, 11:59 PM (GMT+1).
    • No editing with additional software! No effects, color change, zooming. Just SP-Studio pictures.
      You are allowed to rotate the picture.
    • Add a fitting English title & description (optional). You can add reference links. No text like "VOTE!!!".
    • If you upload more than one picture for a contest the newest counts and the others are deleted.
    • When the voting starts registered users can rate the pictures (1-5 stars) until October 31.
    • Vote fair! Do not manipulate results by telling friends to give you 5 stars and others 1 star. I will ban you for this.

PRIZES:

1st place: Make a wish for a new SP-Studio item and I will draw and include it.
    1st to 5th place: You win your own User Gallery. If you already have one you can upload 30 more files to it now.
    Janina's Choice: I might pick one additional person, if I think he/she deserves a user gallery. The score doesn't matter.

Good luck!

• It does not need to be a halloween ghost. For example you could make a picture about Cleopatra because she is dead and famous. And if you do not want to show the person as a ghost or rotting corpse you can show what she was like when she was alive.

• Quote from Eggyslav

I can already see these oh-so many Thriller-themed MJs, there's also a Chance for two or three Heath Ledgers (in Joker's costume, of course....) :P

and for some reason i guess we will see a hitler or something like that..

• I am going to enter Syd Barrett into this contest, he was alive at once and then died. Was a inspirational figure for Pink Floyd...And was a pretty good musician.

• Quote from PinkF

he was alive at once and then died.

Happens to the best of them... ;o

• I'm going to enter a living celebrity into this contest, get disqualified, and lead a protest against the site once they eventually have died.

Also, just a question, can I use this as an excuse to murder Bono? Before the deadline, of course.

• Quote from Jabels

I'm going to enter a living celebrity into this contest, get disqualified, and lead a protest against the site once they eventually have died.

Also, just a question, can I use this as an excuse to murder Bono? Before the deadline, of course.

kill the bad ones instead. No need to kill good rockers that this world needs more of.

• I don't want to live in a world with more than one Bono. It might set a precedent

• Sorry, I cannot remember seeing one with Christopher Reeve :(. There must have been an error during the upload. I only deleted some Amy Windehouse and Jim Morrison pictures, because they were sent in multiple times.

I guess it is too late to include it now. Or what do the others think?

• This time we actually had great "Joker" pictures!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS:

1) Caribou
    2) Lefiou
    [strike]3) Zawesome[/strike] (disqualified)
    3) 3dw1n
    4) Jareen2
    5) PinkF

[album]5182[/album]

[album]5186[/album] [album]5210[/album] [album]5199[/album] [album]5191[/album] [album]5192[/album]

3dw1n won his own user gallery to show his Sp-Studio pictures :):

• Congratulations to the winners! :clap:

And the 'unofficial mathematical classification' :pc: :

1 Heath Ledger.............................4,14 x 7 votes = 28,98 normalized points [2]
    2 Elvis Presley (3)..............................3,38 x 8 = 27,04 [3]
    3 Jack the Ripper... ...........................3,29 x 7 = 23,03 [5]
    4 That guy from... ................................4,20 x 5 = 21,00 [1]
    5 Michael Jackson (2) .........................3,33 x 6 = 19,98 [4]
    6 Syd Barrett ......................................2,83 x 6 = 16,98 [7]
    7 Mary Kay Bergman............................2,67 x 6 = 16,02 [11]
    8 Jeff Hanneman & Elvis: dead or... .....2,80 x 5 = 14,00 [8]
    10 Zombie........................................3,00 x 4 = 12,00 [6]

But as the 10th place don't seems to fit the contest theme:

10 Bruce Lee.................................2,75 x 4,00 = 11,00 [10] (yes, it was mine... :P )

• Oh... you are right. :(
    And when I search for Elvis costumes at Google it's not like there is one that exactly looks like this. It seems like this cannot be a coincidence. I will ask Zawesome about it, but I guess this has to be disqualified.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!