• Jesus christ, fuck that religious mayor. your religion is not the fucking answer to everything. And, i dont care if its not by morgan freeman (Its not.), I just agree with everything in it.

• Quote from Wade Zabel

And, i dont care if its not by morgan freeman (Its not.)

That in itself kinda demonstrates how futile it is, though. Look how quickly that thing went viral - you can't stop the internet. Even if all major media outlets were given a serious overhaul, millions of people will still find a way to spread hysterical sensationalist bullshit to their friends and family. Sure the media is hysterical and sensationalist, and it's almost certainly a factor in this sort of thing (but no more than a factor. It sure as hell ain't the root cause), but it's here and it's huge and it's not likely to go away. And saying "It's all the media's fault, we need to forget about gun control and focus on mental health research" seems to me like a terribly trite idea that really doesn't solve anything - certainly not short-term, and very likely not long-term either.

• I just watched a three part mini documentary about North Korea and it was weird, to say the least. Very good, and very informational, but very weird. It starts off kind of funny, but then when you realize that this sort of shit is real, then it starts to creep you out.
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    I highly recomend you check it out. You'll breeze through it in no time.

• I watched part 1 now an the insight into "everyday's life" (as it is presented for the tourist group of course ;) ) is really interesting, thanks for sharing!
    During the past years I watched many documentaries and read reports about North Korea, because it is a very fascinating country. Creepy but fascinating. And the border reminds me of Germany before its reuninion.

But I feel like they are a bit over-dramatic sometimes in this video. It is not that difficult to visit North Korea, everybody can do it by booking tours from China. It's strange they did not know this.
    They treat trourists very friendly (compared to their own people) because they want to pretend everything is great in North Korea. So even the food is quite good, because it's the best they have to offer. Not high class, but until now I had never read about it being as disgusting as they describe it in this video. I don't think they serve the same food the next day... maybe it's for the employees, how do they know? And the tea lady - how do they know she waits there for months? The tour guides surely don't tell you things like this. It is a shop for tourists of course, but most likely she has another job. She is well educated and so she won't just sit their and wait.

I can recommend Drew's story about his visit to North Korea. What I liked about him is that he only tells about what he knows and sees, no assumptions. The facts are strange enough.

• such things are just terrible... I mean, besides they are terrible in every way.... This was a sports event. Sports, a thing that brings people from all over the world and from all religions together!

I hope all injured people get well again and rest in peace, the ones which died...

• Horrible scenes and a sad reminder of what happens in other countries all the time. I don't mean this in a "pff, hypocritical Western countries" way, but usually the press doesn't cover bombings in all those shocking details. It is so easy to destroy so many lives :(.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!