• have you ever been to a concert, how was it, and stuff like that.

I myself visit when is was about 4 or 5 Foxkids planet live, foxkids was a child cartoon channel with inspector gadget and stuff and they hold with kid friendly music a music contest on planet live. I also visit MUSE this year in the Amsterdam Arena, i got great places. about 15 man in front of me. outer ring of mosh pit

• I've been to many concerts!
    I've seen Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, Green Day, Flogging Molly, Anti-Flag, Social Distortion, Dropkick Murphys, Rise Against, NoFX, My Chemical Romance, Disturbed, Okkervil River, Linkin Park, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, System Of A Down, Aerosmith, TAT, Ozzy Osbourne, Dragonforce, Paramore, Sum 41, Incubus, ZZ Top, Bob Dylan, Stone Temple Pilots, The Beastie Boys, Ringo Starr, The Killers, The Exposed, R.E.M, Bad Religion, Avenged Sevenfold, Motley Crue, Journey, The Casualties, Kiss, Jimmy Buffet, Boston, CKY, & Sonic Youth!

Some of them I've seen twice...like Anti-Flag, Joan Jett and Linkin Park...
    Others I've seen at music festivals where multiple bands were playing at once...
    And I used to work at a concert venue so I saw some of these bands for free!

I'm telling you, the atmosphere at these concerts are incredible.
    Surrounded by thousands of people that have at least one thing in common with you: liking the band you're there to see!
    I've been in many mosh pits, I've crowd surfed...And I hope that one day, my band will be able to play giant concerts like that.

• Does going to Opera count? :D

If yes, then I occasionally go to our National Theatre with my grandpa, so far I was on: "Marriage of Figaro", "Rigoletto", "La Traviata", "Madame Butterfly" and "Carmen".

Other than that, I was once on Sting's concert, some local polish bands concerts, also polish edition of Woodstock Festival with my sister, and on my 18th birthday a band of my friends ex have played a private concert at our summerhouse. :awesome:

• The most of the bands I have seen live so far are german, so you probably don't know them. Except maybe... are the donots known abroad? I've also seen the Hives, Primal Scream and Band of Skulls at "Rock at Lake Constance" this year. I've been in moshpits and I was crowdsurfing too there.... and I wanna do it again and again :awesome:

Sad thing, I missed Anti-flag and zebrahead, both had had concerts around here recently.

• Quote from Till

Except maybe... are the donots known abroad?

Not really. Rammstein, Kraftwerk, Can, and to a much lesser extent Die Toten Hosen. That's yer lot. ;)

Quote from Till

Band of Skulls

Fantastic band, and friends of mine - one of my old bands supported them a few times back when they were called Fleeing New York. Emma and Matt still drink in my pub whenever they're in town. Haven't seen Russell in a few years now though; I think he's probably getting a bit too famous to drink in regular pubs these days... :lol:

• Kay, not including all the local gigs I've been to (my dad provides the P.A. for most of the bands from here to Glasgow as well as being a member of three other bands, two of which feature my mum too), I've seen
    KT Tunstall (Four times)
    Metallica (VIP)
    The Sword and Machine Head (Support for Metallica)
    Colin Hay (Twice)
    Tom Milsom (Summer in the City Warm-Up Gig)
    BlueSkies (Summer in the City Warm-Up Gig)
    Eddplant (Summer in the City Warm-Up Gig)
    Chameleon Circuit (Summer in the City Warm-Up Gig)
    Emma Blackery (Summer in the City Warm-Up Gig)
    Jiezuberband (Twice, three times if you count when I supported the lead vocalist at a showcase)

I tried to snag tickets to Neutral Milk Hotel's Glasgow show a couple weeks ago but they sold out really quickly. I'm pretty fucking devastated about that.

On the bright side, I'll be seeing The Wonder Years next month and Frank Turner in February. So woot!

• I saw Jack White a few weeks ago and he was spectacular. Olivia Jean from The Black Belles opened for him and she was just great. After about the third song, it seemed as if he didn't stop playing until intermission. It felt like one huge career spanning jam session. The man is so charismatic and you totally get a buzz from seeing his enthusiasm on stage.

Here's a quick read about the concert

• I want to be Jack White. I've never felt like that about anyone before. The man is just too cool.

But from that article:

Quote from The Washington Post

She added novelty and lots of mojo, but, musically speaking, Meg was a very replaceable cog

STRONGLY DISAGREE. If anyone else played drums in The White Stripes, they would be a much lesser band, regardless of how much more like Led Zeppelin they might have sounded on occasion. Jack and Meg work together like they've got a telepathic link. He'll be off on some ten-minute improvised blues medley and she won't miss a single beat. Which is not to say that Jack doesn't need a "better" drummer for some of his many other projects, but in The White Stripes she was utterly irreplaceable. Meg 4eva yo.

• Quote from Caribou

I want to be Jack White. I've never felt like that about anyone before. The man is just too cool.

Oh, most definitely! He's a total hero of mine; a real inspiration. My little post about seeing him seems a little underwhelming because (and I'm trying not to sound like a douche, but), it's really hard to put into words what it's like seeing him on stage. I feel like I wouldn't do him justice. I had actually seen him headline at the Governors Ball Music Festival earlier this year, but I wasn't able to stay thanks to a very sour experience during The Strokes set beforehand. So being able to see him again, start to finish, was truly amazing.

Quote from Caribou

But from that article:

STRONGLY DISAGREE. If anyone else played drums in The White Stripes, they would be a much lesser band

THANK YOU! It is such a breathe of fresh air reading something positive about Meg White. It almost seems "cool" to sort of bash her and her drumming these days and it's ridiculous. It's as if everyone on the internet has a degree in music theory or something and it's so bogus. Meg White is a fantastic drummer for being be on par with Jack White's musical tangents. And she's a kick ass inspiration for women in music. I love Meg White just as much as I love Jack White.

• There's a great bit in the School of Rock DVD commentary, during the scene where the little kid drummer is slagging Meg off, where Jack Black says something like, "I just want to butt in here and say that Meg White is one of the greatest drummers of all time. She has PSYCHIC POWERS!"

(Also the fact that Jack White took Meg's surname when they married just makes me respect him all the more. Anyone who disses either of them in my earshot gets a hardy slap. ;) )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!