Room 101

• I don't want her dead. What I want is to listen to music that I actually like, so forgive me if I don't waste any more time watching her videos. :P

Seriously, her whole schtick screams "attention whore". You don't combat that by watching her videos until you literally want to kill her. What you do is ignore her till she goes away.

• Being sick sucks... I haven't done anything productive for days and tomorrow is my "big" birthday. Unlike the last couple of years I have planned a bigger party with my friends for the weekend, so I hope I will be okay until then.

And what I leaned from my days on the couch: tv sucks as well ;). Still.

• I can't stand people wearing shirts of bands they don't even know.. best example: the Ramones.

Edit:

The new stickers in the Facebook chat. Some of them look funny and cute, but my friends use them way too much. Now I can't stand them anymore...

• This is a classic thread; let's restart it :D

Thing which recently get my goat:

The fact that is website is an archive of my angsty teen phase :facepalm:

Some of the lecturers are striking at my college this month, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that we weren't told that ours were until the day before... After I had already bought my weekly train ticket.. :nono:

The fact that I can't have a respectable political discussion with anyone from Glasgow without someone shouting "FUCK THE TORIES!!"

I don't know if I've mentioned it here before but I now work in McDonald's: If you order a Filet of Fish, I hope you choke on it.

• Quote from Jetpack-guy

The fact that I can't have a respectable political discussion with anyone from Glasgow without someone shouting "FUCK THE TORIES!!"

In all seriousness though, fuck them so hard.

At this point I'm keeping everything crossed that Scotland votes for independence soon, because it's looking ever more likely that moving there is the best chance I've got of avoiding an entire lifetime of punishing Tory rule. This general election is truly Britain's last chance - if (as we probably will, let's face it) we vote the Tories in again, we are all fucked forever.

• Quote from Caribou

if (as we probably will, let's face it) we vote the Tories in again, we are all fucked forever.

Case in point: a Conservative majority will mean Theresa May will dismantle the UK's access to the internet and replace it with a government-approved one (kinda like the ones in place in such havens of liberty as, say, China and North Korea). She literally won't be happy until the country is a police state (except, of course, that the police are going to be cut as well, so we'll have incompetent private contractors like G4S doing the job the police used to do, which is frankly terrifying. Policing for profit - what could possibly go wrong?). And still, people lap it up because she keeps repeating the words "strong and stable", and in their eyes that's basically the same as having good ideas and being fair to people.

So, yeah, the Conservative British government grinds my gears - damn near grinds them into dust. I am praying to gods I don't believe in that this election is the end of them forever. I'm just not hopeful that it's gonna be the case. :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!