Contest 01/2013: WHAT HAPPENED IN THE YEAR 2012?

• [Blocked Image: http://www.planearium.de/sp-studio/forum/images/contest029.jpg]

Let's look back to 2012!
    In this SP-Studio picture contest you can show events and trends of the last year. We had contests like this for the years 2010 and 2011 already, so if you need inspiration you can have a look at them here.

Examples for possible topics: The apocalypse, Curiosity on Mars, The 2012 Summer Olympics, Gangnam Style, Syrian civil war, terrorist attacks because of "Innocence of Muslims", Felix Baumgartner's jump, Hurricane Sandy, shootings in the U.S., Typhoon Bopha, Deaths of famous people (Whitney Houston, Neil Armstrong,...), movies (The hobbit, The dark knight rises, The Avengers, Skyfall,...), games (Mass Effect 3, XCOM, Diablo 3, FEZ, The walking Dead,...),...

HOW TO JOIN:

If you are new: Register a nickname by clicking on the REGISTER button in the menu on top of this page. Then you can upload your picture to the contest gallery. The pictures will all show up on January 16, before this they are hidden. Then everybody can vote.

RULES:

• The picture must be created at sp-studio.de and submitted here till January 15th, 11:59 PM (GMT+1).
    • No editing with additional software! No effects, color change, zooming. Just SP-Studio pictures.
      You are allowed to rotate the picture.
    • Add a fitting English title & description (optional). You can link to reference pictures. No text like "VOTE!!!".
    • If you upload more than one picture for a contest the newest counts and the others are deleted.
    • When the voting starts registered users can rate the pictures (1-5 stars) until January 31st.
    • Vote fair! Don't manipulate results by telling friends to give you 5 stars and others 1 star or you will be banned.

PRIZES:

1st place: Make a wish for a new SP-Studio item and I will draw and include it.
    1st to 5th place: You win your own User Gallery. If you already have one you can upload 30 more files to it now.
    Janina's Choice: I might pick one additional person, if I think he/she deserves a user gallery. The score doesn't matter.

Good luck!

• NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed it!!!!!! ='[
    Dammit I just made a picture two minutes ago thinking I had a little bit of time but I missed it....
    I'm so upset..... :(

I really wanted to join this one....

• You can submit it now. I will give some extra time :).

EDIT: It's online now and you can vote. Unfortunately I had to disqualify two pictures, because they show made up characters unrelated to the topic.

• That's true, but only 5 could win:

[Blocked Image: http://www.planearium.de/sp-studio/forum/images/contest029.jpg]

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS:

1) Till
    2) ADePALMA1251
    3) Jareen2
    4) bellaXraven
    5) Sebra504

[album]4513[/album]

[album]4544[/album] [album]4541[/album] [album]4556[/album] [album]4515[/album]

I took a month off but now I will start to work on new updates again. And of course a new contest topic will be announced soon :).

• Congratulations to the winners! :clap:

And now, the 'unofficial mathematical classification' :pc: :
    (This time I totally agree with its two top positions)

1st.: 'Disney Bought Star Wars': Rating 4,13 x 8 votes = 33,04 points. :joy: [2]
    2nd.: '50 shades of grey':....... 3,88 x 8 = 31,04 [3]
    3rd.: 'Sandy arrives...':........... 4,29 x 7 = 30,03 [1]
    4rd.: 'Gold stones':................ 3,38 x 8 = 27,04 [5]
    5rd.: 'Sandy Hook...':.............. 3,57 x 7 = 24,99 [4]
    6th.: 'PSY hit ...':................... 2,78 x 8 = 22,24 [7]
    7th.: 'Syrian Civil War':........... 3,14 x 7 = 21,98 [6]
    8th.: 'Peter Parker dies...':...... 2,63 x 8 = 21,04 [8]
    9th.: 'MIA...':........................ 2,14 x 7 = 14,98 [11]
    10th.: 'The World Didn't End':.. 2,14 x 7 = 14,98 [12]

(These results doesn't take into account the two disqualified pictures that in the official ranking get the 7th and 8th place, being the 18th and 19th in the 'unofficial' with 6 points each.)

:facepalm: Once again... very low number of voters (8 of 19)... Less than the half of the participants... :nono:
    For the next one: RATE, RATE and RATE! ... or :weapon:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!