Contest 12/2012: AUSTRALIA & ANTARCTICA

• [Blocked Image: http://www.planearium.de/sp-studio/forum/images/contest028.jpg]

We had contests about every other continent before, so this is the final one about our trip around the world. Because Australia and Antarctica are smaller (or to be accurate: less populated) you can choose one of them to make it easier for you. Or maybe you can combine both of them in one picture? Use your imagination!

Examples of possible topics: Landscape, wildlife, history, culture, famous places, celebrities, compare the differences...

HOW TO JOIN:

If you are new: Register a nickname by clicking on the REGISTER button in the menu on top of this page. Then you can upload your picture to the contest gallery. The pictures will all show up on December 16, before this they are hidden. Then everybody can vote.

RULES:

• The picture must be created at sp-studio.de and submitted here till December 15th, 11:59 PM (GMT+1).
    • No editing with additional software! No effects, color change, zooming. Just SP-Studio pictures.
      You are allowed to rotate the picture.
    • Add a fitting English title & description (optional). You can link to reference pictures. No text like "VOTE!!!".
    • If you upload more than one picture for a contest the newest counts and the others are deleted.
    • When the voting starts registered users can rate the pictures (1-5 stars) until january 3rd.
    • Vote fair! Don't manipulate results by telling friends to give you 5 stars and others 1 star or you will be banned.

PRIZES:

1st place: Make a wish for a new SP-Studio item and I will draw and include it.
    1st to 5th place: You win your own User Gallery. If you already have one you can upload 30 more files to it now.
    Janina's Choice: I might pick one additional person, if I think he/she deserves a user gallery. The score doesn't matter.

Good luck!

• I need help in trying to find where it is I can download my entry for Austraila & Antarictica Contest, I went to Forum , under where the Forum icon there's a blue box , on top of this box reads Impotant News in the box it reads join the curent Sp-Studio Contest, I clicked the new Contest picture and got directed to Gallery and I found there is nowhere to download my submission.

• I'm really excited for the contest to start!!!! :D
    I can't wait to see all of the pictures!

• Damn. This is the first time I'm glad not allot of people entered the contest because I did not realize it was the 15th already. :drop:

• Quote from bellaXraven

2,372 members and we only get maybe 15 to 20 pictures. :(
    That's sad.

Not only that, but we have twelve moderators and each picture usually only gets eight to ten votes or so. If the moderators themselves can't be bothered to vote, what chance is there of everyone else doing it? :nono:

The mouseover-stars rating system is sorely missed; I think a lot more people would be inclined to vote for a picture if it only took one click.

• Quote from Caribou

Not only that, but we have twelve moderators and each picture usually only gets eight to ten votes or so. If the moderators themselves can't be bothered to vote, what chance is there of everyone else doing it?

+1
    That's it.

• The pictures are online! Not many, but some really nice ones :).

I vote for every picture in the contests and hope the other mods will join. It's not much work.

Unfortunately the guy who made the plugin hasn't published a new update yet. I know he planned to inlcude an easier stars-rating... maybe I can find a friend who can code it for me. None of you is good in PHP, right?

• Unfortunately one picture is missing, though it was uploaded. I gave the member another chance, but until he uploaded his picture again you will not be able to vote. The votes which has already be made will be saved though.

• Quote from Janina

What? It shouldn not have been over yet :(. I wanted to run it until January 3rd... (...)

It seems the contest has a life on his own... ;)

Anyway, it's a pitty that the number of votes is even smaller than the last one. :( ... :nono:

But the winner is doubtless: Congratulations BellaXraven! :thumbup:

And now, the 'unofficial mathematical classification' :pc: :
    1st.: 'Penguins in Antarctica':.... Rating 4,17 x 6 votes = 25,02 points. :joy: [1]
    2nd.: 'The Opera House is under attack!': ............3,43 x 7 = 24,01 [5]
    3rd.:'Australia & Antarctica' and 'Australia is HOT!': 3,5 x 6 = 21,00 [3]
    5rd.: 'Ayers Rock':.............................................. 3,8 x 5 = 19,00 [2]
    6th.: 'How the F**k?!':...................................... 2,71 x 7 = 18,97 [9]
    7th.: 'When Worlds Collide':................................. 2,6 x 7 = 18,20 [8]
    8th.: 'Penguin vs Penguin':..................................... 3 x 6 = 18,00 [6]
    9th.: 'Discovering mini igloo':............................. 2,57 x 7 = 17,99 [12]
    10th.: 'Antarctic Penguin' and 'Anteater':............. 2,67 x 6 = 16,02 [10]

For the next one: VOTE, VOTE and VOTE! :weapon:

• [Blocked Image: http://www.planearium.de/sp-studio/forum/images/contest028.jpg]

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS:

1) bellaXraven
    2) Caribou
    3) Jareen2
    4) ADePALMA1251
    5) sexyshane

[album]4424[/album]

[album]4413[/album] [album]4438[/album] [album]4453[/album] [album]4430[/album]

Not many votes... even I forgot to vote because of Christmas and the fact that I wanted to run the contest 3 days longer. But bellaXraven's victory was deserved! :)
    I will try to start the new contest today.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!