Star Wars

• I'm for it, sure the movies are classic, and the prequels did suck but I hope the will see the mistakes and try and make a good franchise. Look at James bond none of the original cast remain but people are still flooding to the cinema to see it.
    Star trek got a new film why not star wars!!!

• I think it's a good move. Lucas might be the mastermind behind Star Wars, but he is not the greatest director of the world. Many people could do a job as good as him - or better. Episode I and II were not as amazing as they should have been. And what's the alternative? A new trilogy would have come anyway and I prefer a clean cut instead of an old man ruining it because he did not retire in time.

So I am curious to see what Disney will do with this big universe. Let's just hope they will do no reboot... I'd prefer a prequel or sequel.

Imagine a Christopher Nolan Star Wars trilogy! :D (I know it will not happen)

• I really, really wish they had just released the first three films and left it at that, but since they're going ahead and shitting all over the legacy anyway, I can't see any harm in taking George Lucas right out of the equation. Some of it might even be alright. I'm just totally past caring at this point.

• It seems really pointless. But at least Goerge Lucas isn't making them...

• They really need to just leave Star Wars be.

Also, I'm thinking this thread should be renamed to just "Star Wars". What about you guys?

• Quote from Eggyslav

Let's just hope that Disney won't turn the saga into a musical...... :scared:

Yeah, Lucas would never have let his characters randomly burst into song...

I'm sure the tone of the series won't be affected at all; after all Disney have owned Marvel for the last few years. All it'll mean is that the quality of the writing and directing will improve, and we won't have to put up with Lucas's stubborn whims any more. The only problem for me is that I just genuinely don't have any enthusiasm for Star Wars left at this point. The new ones are going to have to be extraordinarily good for me to get worked up about them, or even to bother seeing them at all.

• Quote from Janina

I think it's a good move. Lucas might be the mastermind behind Star Wars, but he is not the greatest director of the world. Many people could do a job as good as him - or better. Episode I and II were not as amazing as they should have been. And what's the alternative? A new trilogy would have come anyway and I prefer a clean cut instead of an old man ruining it because he did not retire in time.

So I am curious to see what Disney will do with this big universe. Let's just hope they will do no reboot... I'd prefer a prequel or sequel.

Imagine a Christopher Nolan Star Wars trilogy! :D (I know it will not happen)

Actually, Christopher Nolan is available to direct it so it could happen! But yeah he probably won't.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/qu…ct-star-wars-episode-vii/

• More news: http://blogs.indiewire.com/tho…ed-in-revisiting-han-solo I think Matthew Vaughn would make a good choice, he's made some good movies in the past. And would you like if the original cast (Han, Leia and Luke) came back, or would you like a fresh start? If they choose to start fresh, it wouldn't make much sense to call it episode 7 though...

And I couldn't care less about the expanded universe by the way...

Also, IMDb page.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!