Contest 08/2012: OLYMPIC GAMES

• [Blocked Image: http://www.planearium.de/sp-studio/forum/images/contest024.jpg]

Currently the Olympic Games take place in London, so why not choose this as a contest topic? We never had a sports contest before, so I think this might be an interesting challenge.
    You can show a certain discipline or athlete or anything related to the games. And since the topic is "Olympic Games" in general you do not have to focus on London. Pictures inspired by the Ancient Olympic Games in Greece are allowed too. You can also remember historical events of the past century which took place during the games.

HOW TO JOIN:

If you are new: Register a nickname by clicking on the REGISTER button in the menu on top of this page. Then you can upload your picture to the contest gallery. The pictures will all show up on August 16, before this they are hidden.

RULES:

• The picture must be created at sp-studio.de and submitted here till August 15th, 11:59 PM (GMT+1).
    • No editing with additional software! No effects, color change, zooming. Just SP-Studio pictures.
      You are allowed to rotate the picture.
    • Add a fitting English title & description (optional). You can link to reference pictures. No text like "VOTE!!!".
    • If you upload more than one picture for a contest the newest counts and the others are deleted.
    • When the voting starts registered users can rate the pictures (1-5 stars) until August 31st.
    • Vote fair! Don't manipulate results by telling friends to give you 5 stars and others 1 star or you will be banned.

PRIZES:

1st place: Make a wish for a new SP-Studio item and I will draw and include it within a month (at least I try ;)).
    1st to 5th place: You win your own User Gallery. If you already have one you can upload 30 more files to it now.
    Janina's Choice: I might pick one additional person, if I think he/she deserves a user gallery. The score doesn't matter.

Good luck!

• I uploaded mine the other night....spent a lot of time on this one...

• I put my picture in. Its not my best but it took quite a while to make.

• Quote from ADePALMA1251

There's allot of Top 5 contenders this time arround.

I was just thinking that myself. This one's gonna be close, I reckon.

Something to watch out for: If you're browsing the pictures through in order, the board software gets confused with pictures that have the same name (there are a lot of Usain Bolts and a couple of Yohan Blakes) and skips through them at random, so it's possible to miss some of the pictures.

• Vote today, the contest ends in 3 hours :).

I wasn't ective the last couple of days because I organized an annual South Park fan meeting with a couple of friends. But a new SP-Studio update will come next week.

• We have a very special winner this time, because Kukucs is a new face in the Top5! He won the "Janina's Choice Award" some months ago and came back with an amazing kayak picture.
    And I think it is interesting to see how the winning artworks use a very similar style this time.

[Blocked Image: http://www.planearium.de/sp-studio/forum/images/contest024.jpg]

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS:

1) Kukucs
    2) Ildorf
    3) Eggyslav
    4) bellaXraven
    5) Till

[album]3925[/album]

[album]3891[/album] [album]3791[/album] [album]3862[/album] [album]3803[/album]

"Janina's choice": Sebra504

[album]3810[/album]

The next contest will start in a couple of hours. The winners got more space for uploads and Kukucs has a free wish for a SP-Studio item.

• Congratulations to the winners!

:teacher: And now the unofficial mathematical classification :pc: :

1st place: Olympic Fire: rating 3,82 x 11 votes = 42,02 total points
    2nd place: Gymnastic Rings...............3,45 x 11 = 37,95 points
    3rd place: London 2012, Kayac tours.... 4,11 x 9 = 36,99 points
    4th place: London 2012.....................3,27 x 11 = 35,97 points
    5th place: Games of the XXII Olympiad..3,89 x 9 = 35,01 points
    6th place: Olympic Dive.......................3,78 x 9 = 34,02 points
    7th place: Consume............................3,4 x 10 = 34 points
    8th place: Olympic Basketball...............3,3 x 10 = 33 points
    9th place: Olympic games: swiming.......3,1 x 10 = 31 points
    10th place: Olympia 3012: archery contention...3,5 x 8 = 28 points
    ;)

• Aww man...I really thought I was gonna win this time with that picture...:(
    Well, congratz to a non-moderator lol.
    It was one of my favorite pictures in this contest.

• I´m surprised too. this amazing pic should be higher than 4th place... well.

Strider: your formula is wrong, man...
    1. Im only 10th place.... :angry:
    2. Its wrong anyway... ;)
    because: If anybody would give one pic just one star and one single person would rate another one by five... the picture that was bad rated by everyone would win...

• Quote from Till

Strider: your formula is wrong, man...

:finger: No, its right.

Maths don't lie; Statistics do.

The rating system used is statistical: the result is the average of the votes not the sum of them.

For exampe:
    I eat two burgers and you don't eat anything. Mathematically I'm plenty (2) and you are hungry (0). Statistically, you and me have eaten one burguer each one (2/2 = 1) and we both have something in the stomach. The true is that you're starving...
    ... Maths versus Statistics.

The only way in this case (the contest) to make the Statistics fit with Maths is rating all the pictures. If every picture has the same number of votes the statistical result (average) is the same as the mathematical result (sum).

I asume that the system used is the easier one and the software calculates it automatically, but the 'true is out there'. ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!