Contest 07/2012: MODERN VIDEOGAMES

• Doesn't it make things more complicated if we have ties in a contest? There might be other instances in the past where people have received the same ratings, but we'd never noticed, and it seems like way too much effort to go back and check now. If the board software decided Till was the winner, I'm happy to stick with that.

(It also means I don't have to figure out what ties mean for the points system of the leaderboard thread. ;) )

What does everyone else think?

• It hasn't ever seemed to be an issue, so I don't think there's any need for "ties". Something I've had on my mind for a while now, is how little votes there have been in the recent contests since the new site arrived. And it kinda blows. I was looking throgh The Hall of Justice and saw a post by Caribou, that I've also thought now for quite some time about how this site can't help but seem like "an exclusive clique", and I just think it's a shame.

• Yes, unfortunately we have half the pictures and half the voters compared to the old gallery. But I am not sure if that is because we seem like an exclusive clique.
    I already promote the contests on Facebook, Twitter and Google+, but maybe I should do this on the main page of http://www.sp-studio.de more often.

The ratings were difficult to check in the old gallery because they were only shown as stars (I think the number was only shown in the details of the picture). But I went through the last contests here and they seem okay. I found only one similar case: Religion: 2) Ildorf and bella

Now that we know it we can have an eye on this, I am sure I will remember to check the Top5 after a contest is over :).

• Quote from Janina

Caribou AND Till won the 1st place, I will remeber this for the Hall of Fame :)

uhm... ;)

...don`t panic!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!