Contest 02/2021: FAMOUS BILLIONAIRES

• contest_2021-02_png.png

Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos are currently in the news and so this contest topic came to my mind:

Create a SP-Studio picture about a famous person with a net worth of at least 1,000,000,000 $ – real life or fiction. Historical or mythological characters count if they are famous for their wealth, even if it is difficult to calculate their fortune exactly. But you are not allowed to make up a character this time because the challenge is to create a good look-a-like.

The rules are as always:

1. CREATE a SP-Studio picture about the topic of the month
    2. UPLOAD your unedited picture until the 20th
    3. VOTING will start on the 21st on the contest page
    4. THE WINNERS will be announced at the start of next month

Rules for pictures:

You are only allowed to use the SP-Studio (the old one or the new one), so do not edit with additional software. No cutting, drawing or filters. You are allowed to resize your picture, but make sure it's at least 300x300 px big. The original size is best. Of course it must be your own creation. Please add a fitting title to show how it is related to the topic.

• Sorry, I did not make it today. :( I finished the Sunday update for the SP-Studio at 23:30 and am still updating social media. But I will start the vote tomorrow as soon as I find the time to sort and upload the pictures.

Pictures submitted after the update will not count because it would not be fair with all the new objects.

• The vote has started! 24 pictures are waiting for you!

Unfortunately I deleted two entries with Keanu Reeves because he is no bllionaire (not even close). But I wonder if I missed something if two different people decided to submit a Reeves picture? If you feel like he belongs please explain it to me. ;)

And I wonder why so many people are not using hands this time. Is it because they are not added automatically anymore when you delete them and add a new body? I understand you can make it look like hands are in the pockets of the pants this way, but I was surprised by the amount of handless pictures.

• The vote has started! 24 pictures are waiting for you!

Unfortunately I deleted two entries with Keanu Reeves because he is no bllionaire (not even close). But I wonder if I missed something if two different people decided to submit a Reeves picture? If you feel like he belongs please explain it to me. ;)

And I wonder why so many people are not using hands this time. Is it because they are not added automatically anymore when you delete them and add a new body? I understand you can make it look like hands are in the pockets of the pants this way, but I was surprised by the amount of handless pictures.

I honestly didn't even notice that I didn't include hands until now:drop: but I'm digging what I see so far!:)

• It's okay if it was done on purpose. But if more people just forget the hands like Dana did I might have to ask Lars if we can bring back the "automatic hands" when you add a body. :/ I will keep an eye on this.

• I honestly didn't even notice that I didn't include hands until now:drop: but I'm digging what I see so far!:)

When I saw the name of this topic I didn't even think of Forrest Gump. But it does fit the topic :D

Also you could have acted clever and just say they have their hands in their pockets as referenced in the Weird Al Song: Gump

Gump sat alone on a bench in the park

"My name is Forrest", he'd casually remark

Waitin' for the bus with his hands in his pockets

He just kept sayin' life is like a box of chocolates

• It's okay if it was done on purpose. But if more people just forget the hands like Dana did I might have to ask Lars if we can bring back the "automatic hands" when you add a body. :/ I will keep an eye on this.

I'm going to assume it's not on purpose, as I had to remind myself to add the hands to my entry.

Incidentally, for those curious, my entry was Elon Musk on the Joe Rogan Experience.

Specifically this photo:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hm…/musk-weed-1536332069.jpg

• When I saw the name of this topic I didn't even think of Forrest Gump. But it does fit the topic :D

Also you could have acted clever and just say they have their hands in their pockets as referenced in the Weird Al Song: Gump

Gump sat alone on a bench in the park

"My name is Forrest", he'd casually remark

Waitin' for the bus with his hands in his pockets

He just kept sayin' life is like a box of chocolates

HAHAHA YES!!!!!!:lol:

• Okay, we have a problem here...

I checked the current results of the vote and they look really strange to me. Of course everybody has a different taste - but this is supposed to be a creativty contest and if someone uses the items in a creative way I feel like this should lead to a higher position then if you don't move them at all. Only 2 votes for Dana, 3 votes for Art Vandalay or 4 votes for Kylo Renoir feel not fair. Not because I know their names (I don't think I know Kylo), but because I see their pictures and feel like they deserve better.

So far I have no evidence for cheating and no evidence that the plugin is not working well. Both are an option though, because the plugin does look cheap. It's just a feeling that the results don't represent the most creative pictures. This happened before, but I never felt like the results are as chaotic as this time. Please tell me how you think about it when I publish the results later today.

• Congratulations to the winners!

contest_2021-02-winners-785x785.jpg

The number 1 picture got 21 votes. Next up were pictures with 14 / 13 / 12 points. At first I thought the winner was cheating because the hair looks strange, but it turned out to be a bug. So he did nothing wrong. :)

Thank you for joining the contest! I thought about the software I am using right now and will not continue to do so. It feels not safe. But I might have found a better one I am testing right now.

• Okay, we have a problem here...

I checked the current results of the vote and they look really strange to me. Of course everybody has a different taste - but this is supposed to be a creativty contest and if someone uses the items in a creative way I feel like this should lead to a higher position then if you don't move them at all. Only 2 votes for Dana, 3 votes for Art Vandalay or 4 votes for Kylo Renoir feel not fair. Not because I know their names (I don't think I know Kylo), but because I see their pictures and feel like they deserve better.

So far I have no evidence for cheating and no evidence that the plugin is not working well. Both are an option though, because the plugin does look cheap. It's just a feeling that the results don't represent the most creative pictures. This happened before, but I never felt like the results are as chaotic as this time. Please tell me how you think about it when I publish the results later today.

Thank you, Janina. I appreciate you addressing this.
    I remember in the past, votes were based on how different items were used to create different images...hopefully next time we'll see more complex pictures with more votes.
    Congrats to the winners.

• I remember in the past, votes were based on how different items were used to create different images...hopefully next time we'll see more complex pictures with more votes.

Honestly, that's how I vote, but I don't know if that's how other people vote. I suspect (although, this might no longer be possible) that people are casting multiple votes for the same entry. It's the only way I can explain how some of these entries are absolutely crushing others, despite being very simplistic, and not particularly inspired. This is hardly the first time this has happened, though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!