New SP-Studio suggestions

• Janina, I have a suggestion for you: eyes with curve lines.

Here’s a comparison between a canonical picture of Kyle to the picture that i made on SP-Studio.

Have you seen the difference? The canonical picture accurately depict Kyle with a black curve line between the two eyes while the one made on the SP-Studio doesn’t have this line.

I mean, you don’t need to revamp the entire avatar to make it closer to how South Park children characters look, but you should at least improve the eyes.

• Oh yes, the eye line... this is a funny topic. :)

Back when I started drawing South Park fan art my first goal was to make them as close to the original as possible. But then I realized I disliked certain details about the original art style - like the line between the eyes, the shape of the feet or the asymmetric shapes in general. It's just personal taste when I am drawing and I fully understand if other South Park fans are confused by this. But I decided for my own fan art style to get rid of this line. This might sound weird because the rest of the character is pretty close to the original. But I feel distracted by this little line.

Surprisingly in all these years (as far as I remember) nobody mentioned the missing line, so I guess most fans don't care much about it.

So... sorry, but I won't change it. The SP-Studio is fan art, but I want to stick to the small personal details I add to my drawings.

• But speaking of March, it would be nice if you created a Country update with Cowboy stuff, it’s my main request for you at the moment since there’s very few Country-centric itens and clothes in the SP-Studio.

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this. A couple of months ago I actually thought about a wild west update and I started drawing a new background for it. So it's very likely that a country / wild west / cowboy update will come in 2021. I have already planned the content updates for January (Steampunk) and February (business fashion) because I asked my Patreon supporters for their opinion. But everything is open after these. :)

• Janina, I’d like to suggest you to revamp Kyle’s and Craig’s hats.

That’s how their hats look in the show.

That’s how their hats look on SP-Studio.

It would be a lot nicer to make them more accurate to their tv shows’ counterparts, don’t you think?

• Two words: Long hairs, not only straight hair but wavy and especially curly.

I think it would be nice to you add hairs exactly like the pictures I’m showing you, but since they’re from the official Facebook Avatar creator you could just use them as inspiration and create your own hairs.

I may even send pictures with a full version of the hairs if you’re interested.

• This sounds like a good idea, I really nedd more curly hair. :)

I can't promise it to be in the ne SP-Studio on launch day, because I am currently trying to add new items to the smaller categories. But I will keep it in mind.

• I have a idea: the new SP-Studio must have a Ponytail category.

Although this obviously will not be possible in the launch day, just think about it: A category where you can add lots of straight, wavy and curly ponytails/pigtails to short hairs if people believe that the already existing ponytailed hairs doesn’t fit their OC.

This would be very cool.

• I have a idea: the new SP-Studio must have a Ponytail category.

Although this obviously will not be possible in the launch day, just think about it: A category where you can add lots of straight, wavy and curly ponytails/pigtails to short hairs if people believe that the already existing ponytailed hairs doesn’t fit their OC.

This would be very cool.

You mean like complete new hairstyles or just like the hair extensions but then behind the head. As you sorta can already do that by just moving the tail up

• I think single ponytails would fit perfectly into the extra highlights / hair extensions category, because there already is a jedi braid. So this is very likely to be added in the future. :) I like the idea of different braids as well.

But there will be no new catagories for a loong while because I just reworked the whole category system. No need to do this again soon. Every category has 5 subcategories now (except for the creatures because there are so little of them), and I like how this keeps everything in order. And the extra highlights are a very small category... so it would not make sense to include another small category just for ponytails.

• I think single ponytails would fit perfectly into the extra highlights / hair extensions category, because there already is a jedi braid. So this is very likely to be added in the future. :) I like the idea of different braids as well.

But there will be no new catagories for a loong while because I just reworked the whole category system. No need to do this again soon. Every category has 5 subcategories now (except for the creatures because there are so little of them), and I like how this keeps everything in order. And the extra highlights are a very small category... so it would not make sense to include another small category just for ponytails.

Yeah, but adding single ponytails(both curly, wavy and straight) in the extra highlight category in the update after launch along with the turn off hair shadow option would be pretty cool, don’t you think?

• You mean like complete new hairstyles or just like the hair extensions but then behind the head. As you sorta can already do that by just moving the tail up

There are little to no ponytails in the Extra Highlights category, that’s why i asked if it could be possible to add single ponytails and maybe two pigtails in later updates.

• Yeah, but adding single ponytails(both curly, wavy and straight) in the extra highlight category in the update after launch along with the turn off hair shadow option would be pretty cool, don’t you think?

I have already promised other updates first and there will be even old items I won't be able to get ready in time for launch. So I am not sure when I will be able to add this. But it's on my list. And since this category is pretty empty it is pretty high on this list. :)

• The funny thing is... I actually thought about this. :)

I let my Patreon supporters vote which item they want to see with the toys section and this was one of the options. But they voted for something else...

Maybe in a later update.

(... and welcome to the forum!)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!