The goal is to launch it at the end of the year, and the estimated date so far is Christmas. But this is by no means an official release date yet.
While I bet Lars will finish the coding part in time (he's super fast and organized) my own experience with a huge project like this is non existent. So if it takes longer than expected I am pretty sure it's because of me. It's difficult for me to know how long certain things will take. Including all the items takes its time and I want everything to look good. But right now I think late December should be possible.
I am planning to contact a small amount of people as beta testers around the end of November. So...
If anybody wants to be a beta tester, you can already tell me here in this thread!
These are the tasks I will most likely assign to beta testers:
- Click through all of the items to make sure they appear in the right place / don't crash / have the item options which make sense.
- Test if the items change all shades of colors correctly when you select new colors. But you don't have to check every color for every item.
- Combine different functions / items randomly to find bugs which only appear with certain combinations. Is the layer order logical?
- If you notice visual bugs regarding the UI (strange gaps, too small fonts,...) please tell me about them as well. Test on different computers / mobile devices if possible.
- You can also help with corrections for the item names (I hope to find at least one native speaker for German and one for English).
If you want to help with this and have time in early December, you are welcome. But there will be no open beta because I don't feel like it makes sense. It's better to have a small group of people and split up the tasks between them to avoid chaos.