The Avengers

• I haven't seen it yet, but I would like to... everybody seems to love this movie.
    But I would prefer to see Ironman, Thor and Captain America first, because I don't know the backstories of the characters.

• Quote from Janina

I haven't seen it yet, but I would like to... everybody seems to love this movie.
    But I would prefer to see Ironman, Thor and Captain America first, because I don't know the backstories of the characters.

I'd definitely recommend those movies, have you seen The Incredible Hulk?

Also, I'd check out Iron Man 2 as well, since it introduces you to Nick Fury, Black Widow and (the best character in any movie ever) Agent Coulson.

• just back from seeing it was AWESOME!!!!
    i still think thor is the best superhero

• Quote from Jetpack-guy

just back from seeing it was AWESOME!!!!
    i still think thor is the best superhero

Hulk was my surprise favourite out of the lot. He was just so funny without a love interest holding him back.

• Jabels: I have seen the Hulk movie by Ang Lee, but not the newer one.
    Unfortunately I don't own any of the DVDs yet and I can't spend the money right now (too much lego lately :rolleyes:)... so I guess I won't make it in time to see "The Avengers" on the big screen.

• Quote from Janina

Jabels: I have seen the Hulk movie by Ang Lee, but not the newer one.
    Unfortunately I don't own any of the DVDs yet and I can't spend the money right now (too much lego lately :rolleyes:)... so I guess I won't make it in time to see "The Avengers" on the big screen.

The new one is a reboot and takes place within the same continuity of The Avengers, the first one was awful

• Jabels
    i only saw, thor, iron man an the avengers but i ordered captain america and the new hulk

• Quote from Jetpack-guy

Jabels
    i only saw, thor, iron man an the avengers but i ordered captain america and the new hulk

• Quote from Jetpack-guy

Probably far from what was actually said, I don't remember much of it. Hilarious part though.

• I get to see it May 4th that night I'm so psyced

Chuck Norris can't breath underwater....water wouldn't dare to take oxygen from Chuck Norris
    -Someone who knows the truth

• Quote from ADePALMA1251

Just saw it...

Please only use spoiler tags for things that are actually spoilers for the plot of the movie. It gets annoying pretty quick if you have to click on every post just to read people's opinions. ;)

Also, if you're making a thread that is likely to contain spoilers, it's often a good idea to mark it as such in the title, and maybe put a line in the first post about how the thread WILL contain spoilers and therefore tags aren't necessary. The tags are an awesome function when used correctly, but conversations get much harder to follow if they start being used all over the place.

• It's an awesome movie, but I think it's ridiculous that it's placed #34 in the top 250 list on iMDB (With a rating of 8.7)...
    A little bit overrated...
    I'm also really annoyed with the comparisons with TDKR. The fact that they're both based on comics is probably the only thing they have in common...

But anyway... I loved it. Since I saw it almost a month ago, I can't remember that much of it, but it was funny, had great effects and is... probably one of the best action movies iv'e ever seen. The only thing that kinda ruined it for me was that the 3D made the everything look like miniatures, In the final action sequence it looked like they played with action figures in a miniature city. Af course that's not the movie's fault. I don't like 3D in general.

Joss Whedon did an amazing job! :clap:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!