Contest 01/2018: WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR?

• A new year of contests has started! The first topic is no surprise, because it's our annual look back on the past year. What happened in 2017? Show people (please not as many Trumps this time...), events, trends and cultural influences. As long as it's connected to 2017 everything counts.

HOW TO JOIN:

• Submit your picture on the CONTESTS page until January 20. No registration required!
    • The pictures will all show up on January 21 for a vote. Same URL, no registration required!
    • On February 1 the winners will be announced.

RULES:

• Please use the "big" size (770x770px) when you save your picture. The normal size is okay as well, but don't upload them too small.
    • You are allowed to remove the "sp-studio.de" watermark (there is a button on the save screen).
    • The picture must be created at sp-studio.de and submitted until January 20, 11:59 PM (GMT+1). I might allow pictures which are a little bit late, but don't count on it. ;)
    • No editing with additional software! No effects, color change, zooming or rotating. Just SP-Studio pictures.
    • If you don't want to tell me your email address this is okay, but I might not be able to contact you if you win.
    • If you have problems with the contact form on the website you can send the picture by email or forum / Facebook message.
    • Add a fitting English description so we know what's shown in your picture. Text like "VOTE!!!" will be removed.
    • If you upload more than one picture for a contest the newest one counts and the others are deleted.
    • When the voting starts you can lik the pictures until January 31.

FIRST PRIZE:

I will draw a SP-Studio item based on YOUR idea. Of course it should be useful in some way, but if I decline your wish you can make another one. The new item will be included in the next update with a fitting topic.

• who's willing to bet that a lot of these will be about net neutrality getting repealed in the United States?

*while wearing several layers* brr...it's colder than an icebox in here...

• Quote from Art Vandelay

So, time to vote? Where are the entries?

Janina is very busy I guess. Just keep in mind this is a thing she does in her spare time. This is not her full time job. So if work is a lot or in her private life things happend it can be that it will be delayed.

• Sorry! I had visitors and was not at home until Sunday night. I thought I would be able to start the contest anyway, but it did not work out. The whole process of uploading and naming the pictures is not automated, because I only receive the e-mails with the image files. But the vote will start in a couple of hours after I finished my work for today.

• I also think the Assassins Creed Origins picture has to be disqualified, while it has the 2017 instalment's name in the title, it shows a generic assassin in front of Brandenburg Gate (Origins take place in Ancient Egypt). Also Priness Leia pic, it has nothing to do with the last year, as Leia is portrayed as she appeared in The New Hope, rather than Last Jedi, and the author explicitly says that in the picture's description.

• I thought about this, but at least there were new AC and SW titles last year, so I'd let it slip. I don't think we need to be 100% strict on the rules as long as there is some connection to the topic. I already had to delete tons of pictures because they were totally random, so these 32 already are the best. ;)

• THE FINAL RESULTS:

1) 18 points: Kim Jong Un (by Strider)
    2) 14 points: Adam West (by Jareen2)
    3) 12 points: Logan (by Jetpack-Guy)
    4) 11 points: Solar eclipse (by Komandor K)
    5) 10 points: Hollywood Harassment Scandals (by Art Vandelay)

Congratulations to Strider! You can make a wish for a future SP-Studio update. The contest page and the Hall of Fame will be updated in a couple of hours. Thank you for your pictures and votes!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!