SP-Studio update: New variations for the hairstyles

• Finally! I am so happy for this to be finished. I have been working on this huge update for months and it was annoying that it took so long. But it was something I wanted to do for a very long time. And I think you might like this new feature for contest pictures :).

A new button was included which allows you to switch the highlights and shadows on and off for every hairstyle! This means the old hairstyles are available in new variations, so make sure to revisit them to have a look. The “shadows” button can be found in the upper right corner when you select the color.

I am sorry for the lack of updates during the past couple of months. This update might not seem like a big deal, but I had to put a lot of time into it to make it work. The coding in the background took a while and I had to change 214 files with different drawings. In combination with a lot of “real life work” I hope this explains my absence.

The reason for this update was my own disappointment with my old drawings. My drawing style changed over the years and I prefer shadows and highlights now to make the hair look a little bit more realistic. I wanted to bring a more consistent look to the hairstyle category but I know some of my visitors love the classic flat South Park look. So how could I make everyone happy? That’s why I decided to offer the option to choose between those two styles. And removing the highlights might be helpful for those artists as well who like to use the items in different and creative ways.

• I can't see the shadows buttons on the colour selection screen. Is anyone else having this problem?

• I'm glad you like it :)

legobasher: They won't have the shadows button but there should be an update with more highlights. This is something that's on my list for a while now and I found it difficult to choose useful shapes.

Eggyslav: Nice one! Happy halloween!

@Jetpack-guy: Some hairstyles don't have the button (if shadows don't make sense), but if you cannot see it at all you should try to refresh the .swf file. Load http://www.sp-studio.de/sp-studio.swf and press Cntrl F5.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!