Contest 04/2012: RELIGION

• [Blocked Image: http://www.planearium.de/sp-studio/forum/images/contest020.jpg]

Our 20st contest! This time I picked the topic RELIGION because it has many possible directions it can take.

Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, natural religion, old Greek and Roman religion, Satanism, sects and cults... there are many different believes out there. You can show biblical stories, religious leaders, traditions, festivities, historical events like the crusades or inquisition, architecture like temples, mosques and cathedrals. And of course critical comments about religion are allowed too, for example about creationists.

RULES:

• The picture must be created at sp-studio.de and submitted here till April 15th, 11:59 PM (GMT+1).
    • No editing with additional software! No effects, color change, zooming, rotating. Just SP-Studio pictures.
    • Add a fitting English title & description (optional). You can link to reference pictures. No text like "VOTE!!!".
    • If you upload more than one picture for a contest the newest counts and the others are deleted.
    • When the voting starts registered users can rate the pictures (1-5 stars) till April 30th.
    • Vote fair! Don't manipulate results by telling friends to give you 5 stars and others 1 star or you will be banned.

PRIZES:

1st place: Make a wish for a new SP-Studio item and I will draw and include it within a month (at least I try ;)).
    1st to 5th place: You win your own User Gallery. If you already have one you can upload 30 more files to it now.
    Janina's Choice: I might pick one additional person, if I think he/she deserves a user gallery. The score doesn't matter.

I hope to be able to change the rating system till the voting starts, so you can write comments and vote easier (with stars). I cannot promise it, I just want to tell you we are working on it.

Good luck to everybody, I hope this is an inspiring topic! :)

• Wow, a good (well... ;) ) theme whit endless posibilitys! so, much fun by creating your pictures, guys. The best may win! :D

• I hate finishing my picture early. It just makes waiting to see the other entry's that much longer...

• I have no idea what I could make.
    I attempted to make a picture yesterday but it was a nightmare...>__<

Hopefully something will come to mind soon!

• 38 pitures so far. I hope some will still join the contest! :) Even if you don't think you picture can win, give it a try. There are 4 1/2 hours left. And I have some good news: I got some coding help today and so you will be able to comment the pictures this time when you rate them.

• Some good pictures, but only one, I gave a rating of 5... But I guess, I will not keep my 5th place :(

• I think this was a very close contest, I wasn't able to guess the winners. But you all deserve it :).

[Blocked Image: http://www.planearium.de/sp-studio/forum/images/contest020.jpg]

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS:

1) Joker
    2) Ildorf
    3) bellaXraven
    4) Caribou
    5) Dogzilla

[album]2979[/album]

[album]2950[/album] [album]3063[/album] [album]2988[/album] [album]2961[/album]

"Janina's choice": Kukucs gets his own gallery! I am surprised his picture wasn't rated higher.

[album]3077[/album]

The next contest will start in a couple of hours and then you will get your prizes. More space for uploads and Joker can make another wish.

• I'm slowly climbing the winner ladder lol. Joker's picture was the best pic by far and totally deserved first place!!! =) congratulations, everyone!!! :D

• Congrats to the winners, and my fav one that isnt in the top 5; ADePALMAS's :thumbup:

• Strider: That's true. I could allow guests to rate the pictures to increase the number. There is a higher chance of cheating then ("vote for my picture, friends!"), but on the other hand more voters mean a single "wrong" vote does have a lower influence.

Or we can wait till I managed to include the easier voting system (stars). Perhaps this helps to increase the number of voters as well.

• I guess this would be better even if it would be interresting what visitors think about our pics... :awesome:

• Quote from Janina

(...) I could allow guests to rate the pictures to increase the number. (...)

Not necesary... I mean that many of the participants don't vote... or just give votes to a very few pictures. The mean system requires to give votes to ALL the pictures to be fair.

And it's fine to comment the pictures during the contest... but some times the authors have posted comments showing themselves... Mainly defending their works... :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!