Batman

• ok, i need you guys to tell me some good batman graphic novels
    (im going on holiday in october, need something to read)
    can u tell me a good origin story book, and a few must reads.
    (its ether this or 50 shades of grey :gnnn: )

• Quote from Jetpack-guy

ok, i need you guys to tell me some good batman graphic novels

Here are the big four...
    -Batman: Year One (Best origin story ;) )
    -Batman: The Long Halloween (The sequel, Batman: Dark Victory is excellent as well.)
    -Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
    -Batman: The Killing Joke

• Quote from ADePALMA1251

Here are the big four...
    -Batman: The Long Halloween (The sequel, Batman: Dark Victory is excellent as well.)

which year one, the one with ra's al ghul or the one without?
    thanks man, i will also get Batman: a death in the family

Here are the big four...

These are all good starting points, but The Long Halloween is the only really long book, so it's much better for travelling/holidays.

And A Death in the Family is actually a pretty below-average book. It's only really remembered for the death of Jason Todd rather than the actual story. Some really stupid shit happens in it.

You could always go non-Batman. All-Star Superman is a really, really good book and is also pretty long, then there's Watchmen which is pretty much a must-have for anyone wanting to see what comic books are capable of and is around the same length as The Long Halloween. Oh, and V for Vendetta kicks a lot of ass too.

• I just saw The Dark Knight Rises for the third time, this time in IMAX. Dear god, the term "Larger Than Life" has itself a new represenitive.

• I've seen it twice, once in 2d and the second time in 3d.
    I found it incredible. A perfect end to a perfect trilogy.

Onto the topic of the Justice League movie, I find it absolutely ridiculous. The only reason they're making this movie is to tie with The Avengers. Especially how they're aiming it for a 2015 release. They'll have to make a Wonder Woman movie, a Flash movie, another Batman reboot and a possible Aquaman movie in the course of three years. This idea is just being rushed. :nono:

• Quote from Dogzilla

I've seen it twice, once in 2d and the second time in 3d.
    I found it incredible. A perfect end to a perfect trilogy.

It wasn't in 3D, dude. :lol: As for the whole, "one was better than the other thing", Bane and the Joker are completley different villains. Both Hardy and Ledger perfected their roles for Nolan's films. I enjoyed Bane's lines jsut as much as Joker's lines.

It wasn't in 3D, dude. :lol:

LOL you're right. I meant IMAX, but I guess I was typing faster than I was thinking. :lol:

• I saw it last week, what a great final part for the trilogy!

It's good to see how Nolan kept his style and made the three movies fir together so well. I always prefered the first part (a bit), so I enjoyed the links to it in this movie. The fighting scenes were as great as the emotional ones. And Catwoman was just perfect.

There is just one thing I really did not like, and that is Bane's voice. At first I thought it was a bad dubbing, but I don't even like his original voice. He sounds so artificial, even for wearing a mask.

• Quote from Janina

There is just one thing I really did not like, and that is Bane's voice. At first I thought it was a bad dubbing, but I don't even like his original voice. He sounds so artificial, even for wearing a mask.

i thought it sounded like a robot sean connery

• I thought his voice sounded a bit weird in his first scene, but I got used to it pretty quickly. He's definitely up there with the Joker in my opinion. It's not often i'm truly terrified by a movie villain.

• Quote from Joker

I thought his voice sounded a bit weird in his first scene, but I got used to it pretty quickly. He's definitely up there with the Joker in my opinion. It's not often i'm truly terrified by a movie villain.

Most definitley. Even his dialogue was as enjoyable to listen too as the Joker's.

• So I saw The Dark Night Rises a few hours ago.

On an unrelated note, is it weird if i cant think of Bane without thinking of Maero from saints row 2?

great movie though, easily the best ive seen in a while.

• Quote from Janina

Great video, but it seems like the end missing. Is there a second part?

Not that I know of, no. I'm sure there's a longer version out there, somewhere.

• I bought Batman:The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 on Blu Ray and it is fantastic. I highly recomend picking it up.

• Quote from Dogzilla

Onto the topic of the Justice League movie, I find it absolutely ridiculous. The only reason they're making this movie is to tie with The Avengers. Especially how they're aiming it for a 2015 release. They'll have to make a Wonder Woman movie, a Flash movie, another Batman reboot and a possible Aquaman movie in the course of three years. This idea is just being rushed. :nono:

another reason WBs could be doing this is their biggest property (harry potter) has just finished.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!