Batman

• Quote from Jabels

Not at all, that's a fantastic book. It's the first Batman comic I read too, so there you go.

I could recommend you some essential Batman books, if you want.

Quote from Jabels

Two-Face, Scarecrow and Riddler are my favourite villains. The Long Halloween is my favourite comic. Under The Red Hood is my favourite movie. Dick Grayson is my favourite Robin. Mark Hamill is my favourite Joker. Damian Wayne is a little shit.

I think that's about it.

This is insane man, I just put down The Long Halloween, like 2 minutes ago. I'm re-reading it, for what seems like the 1000 time and it's just as good, if not better than the first time I read it. I just started the April Fools Day chapter. As for my favorite villains: Two Face; The Joker; The Riddler; Phantasm.
    Favorite Animated Film: Batman: Mask of the Phantasm; Batman: Year One
    Favorite Book: The Long Halloween/Dark Victory

ViralMonster,
    Jables is totally right man. The Killing Joke is an incredible story which happened to be re-introduced to the spotlight after word that Heath Ledger was reading it to prepare for The Dark Knight. I'm not saying it was forgotten, it was just not center stage. I remember a few weeks before Batman: Arkham Asylum came out, the Grant Morris Arkham Asylum comic was being reprited like the fucking bible, and I was so confused. I was confused because to me that comic was the weird Batman comic my grandfather got for free from some church book drive and gave it to me for my 10th birthday. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is, no comic/book should be looked at as the "stereotypical" story. They've been dubbed that because there so good and important. I know I'm rambling on now so I'll say one last thing: Read The Long Halloween, then read Dark Victory!

• Quote from ADePALMA1251

I remember a few weeks before Batman: Arkham Asylum came out, the Grant Morris Arkham Asylum comic was being reprited like the fucking bible, and I was so confused. I was confused because to me that comic was the weird Batman comic my grandfather got for free from some church book drive and gave it to me for my 10th birthday.

Oh man, I fucking love Arkham Asylum: ASHOSE. One of my favourite books. Literally, I'd spend about an hour on each page just gawking at the art. But yeah, not a good idea to get it for a 10 year old. :lol:

• My favorite villains are; Two-Face, Bane, Scarecrow, Joker and Hush. My favourite movies are The Dark Knight and Under The Red Hood (witch is the only animated Batman movie Iv'e ever seen). I haven't read that many of the comics, because they're kinda hard to find here in Norway </ , buuuut I found an awesome comic shop in Oslo, so I've started to buy comics regularly.

By the way... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/ Thoughts?

• Quote from Joker

My favourite movies are The Dark Knight and Under The Red Hood (witch is the only animated Batman movie Iv'e ever seen).

DUDE. Go watch Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and Mask of the Phantasm RIGHT NOW.

• Jables, are you the same Jables on ArkhamCity.co.uk? I saw the Michale Keaton"Bueno" picture and thought it was you...

Jables, are you the same Jables on ArkhamCity.co.uk? I saw the Michale Keaton"Bueno" picture and thought it was you...

He probably is. That or someone on this site is pretending to be him on ArkhamCity.co.uk. :scared:

Jables, are you the same Jables on ArkhamCity.co.uk? I saw the Michale Keaton"Bueno" picture and thought it was you...

Yep, that's me. I got warned within the first 10 minutes on that site, oddly enough. Apparently my dickish nature is more accepted in a South Park website than a Batman one. :lol:

Thank you for that, sir. Thank you...

You're welcome, sir. You're welcome....

• Quote from Jabels

God damn it I'm too hyped.

Shit, I need to get my tickets booked this week.

I know, man. My dad got our ticketes June 11. Now we play the waiting game...

• Quote from maytess12

He's getting another reboot after The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/

I'm pretty sure that "reboot" is actually just Darren Aronofsky's cancelled Batman: Year One film, which is supposed to be turned into a graphic novel soon. The script was written by Aronofsky and Frank Miller, and featured many changes to the original story. I read some of the script and thought it kicked ass. Now Warner Bros. thought differently and decided to go another root with Christopher Nolan. And well, the rest is history. :)

Here's the script.
    http://leonscripts.users5.50me…s/BATMANYEARONEscript.htm

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!