Batman

• Two-Face, Scarecrow and Riddler are my favourite villains. The Long Halloween is my favourite comic. Under The Red Hood is my favourite movie. Dick Grayson is my favourite Robin. Mark Hamill is my favourite Joker. Damian Wayne is a little shit.

I think that's about it.

• Quote from ViralMonster

Calander Man from Arkham City. He's so funny :lol:

You've got an odd interpretation of "funny". But Calender Man is pretty cool. Go read Long Halloween and Dark Victory if you like him.

• Quote from Jabels

You've got an odd interpretation of "funny". But Calender Man is pretty cool. Go read Long Halloween and Dark Victory if you like him.

Cool, I'll check it out.

And the reson I find him funny is that through most of the game he sits in a cell counting. I don't know why but whenever I walked passed the stairs to the courtroom and heard "febuary 28 but the rest 31 or 30" I laugh my head off.

I read the Killing Joke, but I know that get's me crucified as that's THE stereotypical Batman joke.

Not at all, that's a fantastic book. It's the first Batman comic I read too, so there you go.

I could recommend you some essential Batman books, if you want.

Oooh, go on then good sir =)

Alrighty, here's a short list of what Bat-fans consider The Essentials.

• Batman: Year One by Frank Miller (I didn't particularly like it, but a lot of people do and it gives you a good introduction and origin to the characters of Bruce Wayne and Jim Gordon. There's also a very faithful animated movie you should check out too.)
    • The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller (an essential to every fan's collection, like it or not. Set in the future with an old Bruce Wayne who returns to take on the cowl once again. It revolutionised the character and molded him into what he is today. Probably the most popular Batman book out there.)
    • The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb (Gives you the more "detective" side of Batman and features a large cast of villains. It's also a Two-Face origin story. So if you're interested in him, check it out.)
    • Knightfall by various authors (Excited for The Dark Knight Rises? Want to know more about Bane and how much he kicks ass? You bet your sweet ass you do. Famous for the introduction of Bane and Azrael. I haven't read it since I'm waiting for the full Hardcover release in April, but it's available in paperback in 3 separate volumes.)
    • Hush by Jeph Loeb (Again, this has Loeb's tendency to put lots of villains into the story. Introduces Hush and features a wide cast of villains and allies. Jim Lee's art here is probably his best work ever.)
  • Quote from Jabels

Alrighty, here's a short list of what Bat-fans consider The Essentials.

• Batman: Year One by Frank Miller (I didn't particularly like it, but a lot of people do and it gives you a good introduction and origin to the characters of Bruce Wayne and Jim Gordon. There's also a very faithful animated movie you should check out too.)
    • The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller (an essential to every fan's collection, like it or not. Set in the future with an old Bruce Wayne who returns to take on the cowl once again. It revolutionised the character and molded him into what he is today. Probably the most popular Batman book out there.)
    • The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb (Gives you the more "detective" side of Batman and features a large cast of villains. It's also a Two-Face origin story. So if you're interested in him, check it out.)
    • Knightfall by various authors (Excited for The Dark Knight Rises? Want to know more about Bane and how much he kicks ass? You bet your sweet ass you do. Famous for the introduction of Bane and Azrael. I haven't read it since I'm waiting for the full Hardcover release in April, but it's available in paperback in 3 separate volumes.)
    • Hush by Jeph Loeb (Again, this has Loeb's tendency to put lots of villains into the story. Introduces Hush and features a wide cast of villains and allies. Jim Lee's art is absolutely gorgeous. Highly recommended.)

Thanks a lot, I'll try and get 'em. Probably try and get Knightfall first, I've heard a shit ton of good things about it (plus I pissed my pants with excitement when you see Bane's teddy bear in the Arkham City vault)

• I'm a big bat fan, though only the Bruce Wayne stuff as I don't read the new comics. Bruce will always be Batman to me, not this Damian kid. Kevin Conroy is the Bat I grew up with, and he does a stellar job in whatever he appears in. Bale's Batman was cringeworthy at times, doesn't he have any Bat lozenges somewhere?

I've read The Long Halloween, definatley worth a read for Calender Man alone, a truly underrated villain.

• Quote from Nicky V.

I'm a big bat fan, though only the Bruce Wayne stuff as I don't read the new comics. Bruce will always be Batman to me, not this Damian kid.

Dude, Damian's never been Batman, he's the current Robin. Dick Grayson (Nightwing) was briefly Batman while Bruce was "dead", but Bruce is back now that the universe has been rebooted.

by the way Jabels, are there any books you would recommend which contain the origins of Ra's Al Guhl? (Probably spelt it wrong but whatever)

Not sure. I haven't read any Ra's-centred comics. Sorry dude.

• Quote from Jetpack-guy

who is ur favourite bad guy?: Man-Bat, killer-moth, firefly, two-face and poison ivy

A lot of villains in Batman are awesome. My favourites are: Joker, Bane, Two-face, Mr Freeze, Victor Zsasc, Man-Bat, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, etc.

• I have to admit I never read a batman comic. As a child I only had a couple of Disney comics </ .

But I love the old Burton movies and especially Nolan's new ones! Well, I guess everybody loves them ;). What I like about Batman is how he has no actual super powers, because this makes it more exciting. And I like the villains. There are so many interesting ones.
    My favorite Batman movie is not "The Dark Knight" but "Batman begins" because of the way his training is shown. I knew nothing about this before so it was new and exciting to watch. My favorite superheroe movie of all time! Besides Orgazmo of course ;).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!