Board index SP-Studio.de Support If you were a member in the old gallery...

If you were a member in the old gallery...

Do you have questions, need help or want to report bugs?
Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:58 am
Janina User avatar
Admin

Here's some information for those of you who come from the old SP-Studio community.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to import your account, though I really tried to get this working. Sorry :(. But the old contests and wish voting pictures will be saved! If I recognize your nickname I will assign your old pictures to your new account. And if you had a user gallery you will get it again. Just give me one or two days.

The new gallery works like the old gallery. You can write comments, upload pictures for contests (right now they haven't started yet) and wish voting wishes. You can vote, though there are no stars yet. I want to change this so the voting results look nicer.

Advantages of the new phpBB gallery:

• Better protection from spambots and cheaters with multiple accounts.
    You need a valid e-mail address to complete registration for the message board. Additionaly IP-Adresses can be blocked and when we check them the forum tells if there is another user with the same IP. And names of the uploaders can be hidden during the voting in contests, so it's fairer.
  • Easier to manage
    Now moderators can help me to approve images. The gallery offers extra CONTEST albums: I set a time when the voting should start and end and everything happens automatically. Uploading multiple images at the same time is easy now. And I can assign different permissions and settings (for example how to sort pictures) to every gallery album. The whole software is easier to handle.
  • Connected to the Forum
    When you look at a gallery picture you see the profile of the uploader and can copy a code to paste it in a board entry. When you click on a user you see his latest pictures. When you reply to a topic you can include a picture from your personal album easily. And most important: Only one account is needed.
  • Less bugs
    We had this big problem with pictures apperaing in the wrong album. This most likely won't happen here. Which means less extra work.

The Animal contest will be moved to this gallery as well. Most of you had already voted, so I think I will use the result from the old gallery.

I hope you will feel at home here soon. If you have any questions regarding your account or the differences between the old and new gallery - use this topic :).

List of old users who already got their user galleries back:

Joker (space for 370 pictures)
Caribou (space for 340 pictures)
Lefiou (space for 280 pictures)
Soxkid (space for 280 pictures)
ADePALMA1251 (space for 250 pictures)
Dogzilla (space for 250 pictures)
Eggyslav (space for 220 pictures)
KennyisDead (space for 220 pictures)
Jareen2 (space for 190 pictures)
ViralMonster (space for 160 pictures)
Doodles (space for 130 pictures)
3lvis (space for 130 pictures)
Matty_BFMV_rocks (=matt_feane_jones) (space for 130 pictures)
Queef (space for 130 pictures)
stiftnuersel (space for 130 pictures)
weef (space for 130 pictures)
bellaXraven (space for 100 pictures)
Deboh (space for 100 pictures)
Jabels (space for 100 pictures)
Till (space for 100 pictures)
wade zabel (space for 100 pictures)

Please save your pictures from the old gallery (HERE) yourself, unfortunately there was no way to import them.
Like in the old gallery you have to earn your own user gallery by winning contests. But there are some small changes compared to the old user galleries. Back then you were limited to a certain amount of webspace. Now you have a fix number of pictures you can upload. And now uploads for contests and wish voting do not limit your uploads for your user gallery.
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Right on, can't wait to start uploading again...

Edit- I just would like to clarify, you [i]can[/] put my pictures from the old galleries into the new ones? If so, whenever you get a chance, could you put the "Totally Worth It!" pictures into my new "Everything Else..." gallery? I just wanted to bring this up because I don't have most of my old pictures anymore...
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Yeah awesome :D

Janina User avatar
Admin

I started to recreate the contest winner groups now, which means you will be able to upload as many pictures as before (depending on your won contests). I added a list in the first post of this topic.

@ADePALMA1251: Unfortunately I have to save the images one by one from the old gallery too. There is no easy import... So I do this with the Wish Voting and contest pictures (which are a lot ;)), but it would be a big help if you could move your "user gallery" pictures yourself. You can upload multiple pictures at once. Sorry, but it would take me the same amount of time as you.

Is there any way to perminatley have my gallery pictures show in order according to the Title? It alwats resets to Upload Date whenever I go back to the page...

Janina User avatar
Admin

Thanks for the hint, I can change this for everbody. They should be sorted by name.

Janina, is there a way that you can block people from rating my User Gallery pictures? If so, could you also reset the current ratings? Thank you

Caribou User avatar
Mod

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
Janina, is there a way that you can block people from rating my User Gallery pictures?

At the moment, there isn't. I also miss that feature; I have no interest in what ratings people give my pictures and it looks ugly seeing "not rated yet" written underneath almost every single thumbnail.
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Janina User avatar
Admin

It is a global setting, but i think i can disallow ratings for every user gallery.

Janina User avatar
Admin

Okay, I changed the settings for the ratings now:

You can vote in the WISH VOTING gallery and the current CONTEST (after the pictures appeared).
You can NOT vote in personal user galleries anymore.

@janina *not
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Janina User avatar
Admin

Oh... you are allowed to correct my spelling mistakes in the future :lol:

Caribou User avatar
Mod

It still says "not rated" under all the pictures in my gallery, but not anyone else's. Is that something that everyone has, or is something weird happening with mine?

Janina User avatar
Admin

I assume that only happens in your own gallery from your point of view. There are different settings for user galleries in general and your own user gallety. I think i can fix it.

Caribou User avatar
Mod

I've just been browsing through the old user galleries at http://www.planearium.de/sp-studio/cpg/index.php?cat=1 and it's such a shame that so few people uploaded any of their pictures to this site. There's some amazing stuff there that's no one's going to see anymore.

Return to Support