Board index Off Topic Life, the Universe and Everything Cosplays/Costumes.

Cosplays/Costumes.

Here you can talk about topics which don't fit anywhere else.
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:33 pm
Joker User avatar
Mod

I've noticed some of you are into cosplaying and such.. So I thought we could post pictures and tips for various costumes...
I used to have a lot of cosplay pictures of me in recent years, but they were on my old laptop so I'll just show you these old, notsogood pictures of me as Two-Face at the TDK premiere back in 2008:
(The make-up around my mouth was starting to sweat off, so I was kinda holding onto the little pieces of "flesh" with my teeth...)

I'm planning on dressing up as Two-face again for halloween, but now I'm going to buy some latex prostethics to cover my eye and teeth. And probably use a bald-cap... Any future plans?
...That was a lie.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:39 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

That's awesome, man.

Yeah, I love putting a lot of detail into costumes and making it completely accurate. I'm going to see The Dark Knight Rises when it comes out cosplaying as The Riddler. 2 of my friends are coming and dressing up as Bane and Scarecrow. I'll totally get some pics up here when it's ready.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:57 pm
Joker User avatar
Mod

That sounds awesome, I don't know who I'll be going as when seeing TDKR, I was thinking about The Joker, but you know.. I don't want to look like everyone there. :P I know my friend is probably going as Joker though.. I was also thinking about Scarecrow.. I was actually planning on going as scarecrow when I saw TDK, but I never got around to make the mask. I'll might try it this year. Strange how barely anyone comes as Batman. :lol:
...That was a lie.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:02 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

Joker wrote:
That sounds awesome, I don't know who I'll be going as when seeing TDKR, I was thinking about The Joker, but you know.. I don't want to look like everyone there. :P I know my friend is probably going as Joker though.. I was also thinking about Scarecrow.. I was actually planning on going as scarecrow when I saw TDK, but I never got around to make the mask. I'll might try it this year. Strange how barely anyone comes as Batman. :lol:

Go for the Animated Series redesign look. That shit's scary.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:51 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Great makeup!

I tried something like that for a Zombie walk last year:

It was my first try of a make up like that and I like how the blood and flesh effects came out. But the skin color looks really bad... I had green, white and black color but no matter what I tried it looked unnatural. Well, next time I will try something else to improve it.

I like costumes but most of my friends don't... so I don't get a chance to dress up often.
This is my Darth Maul costume from 10 years ago. A friend made the costume, I did the makeup:

No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:56 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

I've got my simplified Riddler costume ready for Glasgow Comic Con tomorrow. I'll get some pics up after that, but for now, here's the cane.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:28 pm

That's really cool, man. Is the Glasgow Comic Con a big one in England? I always go to the Baltimore Comic Con every year, but it's no where near as big as the San Diego Comic Con.
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:56 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
That's really cool, man. Is the Glasgow Comic Con a big one in England? I always go to the Baltimore Comic Con every year, but it's no where near as big as the San Diego Comic Con.

Glasgow isn't in England :lol: , but considering that Scotland doesn't normally have this kind of event, it's pretty popular. Don't take my word for it though, this is my first time.

The guests are pretty well known within the comics industry this year: Frank Quitely (Artist for All-Star Superman, Batman & Robin #1-3, The Walking Dead and many others), Jim Starlin (Creator of Thanos, Wrote The Infinity Gauntlet and A Death in the Family), John Wagner (Creator of Judge Dredd), Grant Morrison (Do I even need to tell you what he's written?) and loads of other guests, so I'd say it's a pretty big event.

It's a shame Grant Morrison's only signing his new (pretentious) book "Supergods" and no comics. I'd kill to get
his run on Animal Man from the '80s signed, that's like my favourite comic book ever made. Getting both him and Quitely to sign Batman & Robin Volume 1 would have been pretty sweet too.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Oh shit, my bad :lol: . I thought you from England, man. Oops

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:07 am
Jabels User avatar
Mod

No worries, common mistake.

Anyways, the con was absolutely incredible. I had an absolute blast. Grant Morrison actually insisted on signing comics instead of just his book and chatted to everyone who got something signed. I wish word hadn't been let out that he was only signing his book as I'd have liked to get Vol. 1 of Batman & Robin signed by him and Frank Quitely (although I did get it signed by Frank on the Sunday, so it's all good). Luckily I bought some of his comics before his surprise comic signing, so I got Animal Man Issues #7 and #8 signed as well as getting the All-Star Superman TPB signed by him and Quitely. All the people there were nice as hell, I'm definitely going back next year.

ANYWAYS, on to a picture:

I wish I had one with me wearing the mask, but the spirit gum didn't hold it to my face too well and it fell off after the cosplay competition.

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:23 am

That's rad, man. My brother met Jim Lee about 9-10 years ago, (I fell asleep waiting in line :facepalm: ). And last year, my dad and I walked by Stan Lee sitting down getting ready to do a signing, and that was awesome. It was a total, "Holy shit, that's Stan Lee!" moment. In hindsight, I wish I had jumped in line to meet him. I just watched Morgan Spurlock's Comic Con documentary, Comic Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope and seeing Stan Lee mingle with everyone was really cool. God I'll be sad when he dies...

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:43 am
Jabels User avatar
Mod

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
That's rad, man. My brother met Jim Lee about 9-10 years ago, (I fell asleep waiting in line :facepalm: ). And last year, my dad and I walked by Stan Lee sitting down getting ready to do a signing, and that was awesome. It was a total, "Holy shit, that's Stan Lee!" moment. In hindsight, I wish I had jumped in line to meet him. I just watched Morgan Spurlock's Comic Con documentary, Comic Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope and seeing Stan Lee mingle with everyone was really cool. God I'll be sad when he dies...

Stan Lee will never die. He's a time lord, hence why he keeps popping up in all those Marvel movies.

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:34 am

[quote="Jabels"]
ANYWAYS, on to a picture:

im surprised they never made a riddler cane bottle opener...
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:36 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Cool costume, you make a great riddler! :)

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:44 pm
Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Thats an awesome costume, man. Especially the cane, that looks perfect! By the way, is that the same bowler hat you used for your Alex DeLarge costume?
Credit to Jabels for signature...

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:54 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

Dogzilla wrote:
Thats an awesome costume, man. Especially the cane, that looks perfect! By the way, is that the same bowler hat you used for your Alex DeLarge costume?

Thanks. And yes, I reused both the bowler hat and the cane from that costume, I just replaced the top of the cane with the question mark made out of a block of foam, covered it in a mixture of pva glue and water and then spraypainted it gold.

For the hat, I replaced the black ribbon with a gold one and cut out a felt question mark, then I just stuck it on (rather shoddily) with some velcro strips.

I just realised how blue-ish the jacket looks in that photo. It's actually much greener in real life.

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:37 pm
Joker User avatar
Mod

So.. I went to the midnight screening of TDKR on the 24th.. And I decided to go as two-face (again).. Because I wasn't really satisfied last time and wanted to improve it a bit.. So here ya' go...

I have some more pictures that's not from the side, but they're on my phone which is broken...
...That was a lie.

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:36 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

That's some cool makeup! :) How did you make the teeth?

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:31 pm
Joker User avatar
Mod

Thanks! It's fake nails. :lol:
...That was a lie.

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:17 am
Janina User avatar
Admin

That's kinda gross :lol:

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:53 pm
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Real fingernails would be much more gross though.
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:00 am

When I was 18...me and my boyfriend dressed up as Mrs. Lovett and Sweeney Todd during Halloween 2009.

And then during Halloween 2010, I dressed up as Joan Jett and my boyfriend dressed up as....Tommy Wiseau from The Room. :lol: :rofl:

And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:17 am
Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

I just found this nice cosplay picture on the internet
Perhaps the best Garrison cosplay ever

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:12 pm

this is me dress as the scarecrow (batman) for halloween when i was younger
http://www.flickr.com/photos/83938418@N02/7686044660/in/photostream
yeah, my mum got me the wizard of oz scarecrow costume to work with :facepalm:
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:06 am
Jabels User avatar
Mod

Oh, found another photo of my Riddler cosplay. This one actually has me wearing the mask.
And I forgot to mention in the original post, but I had a gig on the same day and I played it with the costume still on. Rock and fucking roll.

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:10 pm

guys, i need some costume advice:
one of my friends is having a superhero themed costume party,
one idea i have is for me and my girlfriend to go as ant-man and wasp,
do you think thats a good idea considering what ant-man is known for:

I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:43 pm
Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Found this on the internet, it's a cosplay of the new 52 Joker look, it's amazing! Just thought I'd share it here... :)

Credit to Jabels for signature...

Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:35 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

I'd forgotten about this thread... I'd been meaning to post my Halloween costume from last year but never got round to it...
Came out okay considering I didn't give it a trial run first. Turns out I didn't have the right make-up to blend the zip into the skin better but almost all of the night was in much lower lighting-conditions than this, so it didn't really matter.
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Return to Life, the Universe and Everything