Board index Off Topic TV, Movies & Literature South Park

South Park

Discuss books, poetry, mangas, TV shows, films, actors...
Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:12 pm
Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

I like the Pip episode very much.
Just a complete other story instead of the boys.

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 pm

I prefer a Randy based story over a Butters one.
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 am
Till Mod

In my point of view the new episode "a nightmare on FaceTime" was just awesome. and generally the 2nd half of the season rocks!
signatures suc... wait, oh damnit!

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:09 pm

Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Janina posted this kick ass little story piece about Trey Parker on planearium.de. Check it out here.

Post Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:39 am
Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Did anyone else see the full uncensored version of Kyle's speech in "201" that surfaced online a few months ago, I can't believe I've only just found this now, it's an amazing piece of satire: here it is! Enjoy.
Credit to Jabels for signature...

Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:04 pm
Caribou User avatar
Mod

I can't believe they left both of those episodes off the DVD release altogether; they were among the best that season. The DVD is where they should have restored the full uncensored versions, not gone the other way.
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:58 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

They are still not allowed to show this uncensored version, Viacom / Comedy Central is too afraid to change their opinion. That we see this version now online is because it was leaked. This is why it is still banned from tv, the official website and DVD releases.
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:45 pm
Caribou User avatar
Mod

The censored versions that were originally aired are included on at least some versions of the US DVD. They're completely missing from the UK version, despite the packaging claiming it to be "complete" fourteenth season. I read somewhere that Trey and Matt were so angry at what was done to the episodes that they insisted they were withdrawn from all future releases, but I'm not sure how accurate that information is. It's a shame; I really enjoyed those episodes even despite the censorship.

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Don't get me wrong I love South Park and have seen every episode, but has anyone noticed that in this new recent season that the writing isn't as good? They must have fired some really talented writers. The previous season and all others were hilarious. Now, it's just mostly getting weird. Sorry, I know a lot of you really love it. I do too, and that doesn't mean I won't stop watching.
Scissor ME!

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:23 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

TheNinthWave wrote:
They must have fired some really talented writers.

With the exception of Major Boobage from season 12 (co-written by Matt Stone), Trey Parker has written every word of every episode for the last fourteen years.

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:46 pm

I thought they had a team. I saw the documentary about the human centipede episode.
Scissor ME!

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:47 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

They have a team of animators, all under Trey and Matt's leadership. But Trey does all the writing and directing (and many of the voices) himself and has done for most of the show's run.

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:08 am

I was a little confused then by the six days to air documentary where they had a panel of writers including Bill Hader from SNL discussing the writing process of the Human Centipede episode. This article on wikipedia talks about his writing with South Park http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Hader
Scissor ME!

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:15 pm
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Being a creative consultant isn't really the same as being a writer though. Obviously on occasion he'll have chewed the fat over episodes with people (Matt Stone being first and foremost of these) but according to the official credits at least, Trey is the sole author of almost every episode since the first few seasons.

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:17 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

I think it's a situation in which Trey and Matt have the initial idea for an episode and then they discuss it in the "writer's room" and come up with different scenes and jokes together. Trey then writes the first draft of the script (with all the input that came from the others), they discuss it together and change it until the final version. From what I have seen and heard about this process it seems like a lot of team work, but in the end it is Trey who still does the final writing.

By the way: I was very surprised about this articlde today: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cwsncwauojoj/
We watched David O’Reilly's short film "The external World" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxPyN6IK1tM) at our last annual South Park fan meeting - what a coincedence! :D I really like his work. He also worked on "Adventure time", "Her" and made a video game that's called "The Mountain" (more a piece of art than a real game).
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Previous"

Return to TV, Movies & Literature