Board index Off Topic TV, Movies & Literature Batman

Batman

Discuss books, poetry, mangas, TV shows, films, actors...
Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:00 am
Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

Well I saw yesterday the new movie. I thought Bane had a non scary voice.
Great movie
9 out of the 10

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:43 pm

ok, i need you guys to tell me some good batman graphic novels
(im going on holiday in october, need something to read)
can u tell me a good origin story book, and a few must reads.
(its ether this or 50 shades of grey :gnnn: )
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:15 am

Jetpack-guy wrote:

Here are the big four...
-Batman: Year One (Best origin story ;) )
-Batman: The Long Halloween (The sequel, Batman: Dark Victory is excellent as well.)
-Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
-Batman: The Killing Joke
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:31 pm

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
Here are the big four...
-Batman: The Long Halloween (The sequel, Batman: Dark Victory is excellent as well.)

which year one, the one with ra's al ghul or the one without?
thanks man, i will also get Batman: a death in the family
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:09 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
Jetpack-guy wrote:

Here are the big four...

These are all good starting points, but The Long Halloween is the only really long book, so it's much better for travelling/holidays.

And A Death in the Family is actually a pretty below-average book. It's only really remembered for the death of Jason Todd rather than the actual story. Some really stupid shit happens in it.

You could always go non-Batman. All-Star Superman is a really, really good book and is also pretty long, then there's Watchmen which is pretty much a must-have for anyone wanting to see what comic books are capable of and is around the same length as The Long Halloween. Oh, and V for Vendetta kicks a lot of ass too.

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:48 am

I just saw The Dark Knight Rises for the third time, this time in IMAX. Dear god, the term "Larger Than Life" has itself a new represenitive.
Spoiler: show
I know this film is something special, becuase even seeing it for the third time, I still cringed at seeing Batman brutally get his ass handed to him in "Round 1", I still got choked up when Alfred was crying, and I still got goosebumps when Blake found the Batcave.

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:42 pm
Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

I've seen it twice, once in 2d and the second time in 3d.
I found it incredible. A perfect end to a perfect trilogy.
Bane was better than Heath Ledger's Joker, he was just so menacing as a leader and I actually liked his badass voice. Seeing Batman getting his ass kicked in round one was easily the best bit of the movie. Talia was great. John Blake was great. Hathaway did surprisingly good as Catwoman. Michael Caine was also great, and seeing Alfred cry was just so sad. ;o

Onto the topic of the Justice League movie, I find it absolutely ridiculous. The only reason they're making this movie is to tie with The Avengers. Especially how they're aiming it for a 2015 release. They'll have to make a Wonder Woman movie, a Flash movie, another Batman reboot and a possible Aquaman movie in the course of three years. This idea is just being rushed. :nono:
Credit to Jabels for signature...

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Dogzilla wrote:
I've seen it twice, once in 2d and the second time in 3d.
I found it incredible. A perfect end to a perfect trilogy.
Bane was better than Heath Ledger's Joker, he was just so menacing as a leader and I actually liked his badass voice. Seeing Batman getting his ass kicked in round one was easily the best bit of the movie. Talia was great. John Blake was great. Hathaway did surprisingly good as Catwoman. Michael Caine was also great, and seeing Alfred cry was just so sad. ;o

It wasn't in 3D, dude. :lol: As for the whole, "one was better than the other thing", Bane and the Joker are completley different villains. Both Hardy and Ledger perfected their roles for Nolan's films. I enjoyed Bane's lines jsut as much as Joker's lines.

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 pm
Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
It wasn't in 3D, dude. :lol:

LOL you're right. I meant IMAX, but I guess I was typing faster than I was thinking. :lol:
Credit to Jabels for signature...

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:12 am
Janina User avatar
Admin

I saw it last week, what a great final part for the trilogy!

It's good to see how Nolan kept his style and made the three movies fir together so well. I always prefered the first part (a bit), so I enjoyed the links to it in this movie. The fighting scenes were as great as the emotional ones. And Catwoman was just perfect.

And I really liked how they introduced Robin. It was no big suprise, but it worked great.
To be fair many things were no surprise.... but I did not expect the twist about Ra's al Ghul's daughter!

There is just one thing I really did not like, and that is Bane's voice. At first I thought it was a bad dubbing, but I don't even like his original voice. He sounds so artificial, even for wearing a mask.
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Janina wrote:
There is just one thing I really did not like, and that is Bane's voice. At first I thought it was a bad dubbing, but I don't even like his original voice. He sounds so artificial, even for wearing a mask.

i thought it sounded like a robot sean connery
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:28 pm
Joker User avatar
Mod

I thought his voice sounded a bit weird in his first scene, but I got used to it pretty quickly. He's definitely up there with the Joker in my opinion. It's not often i'm truly terrified by a movie villain.
...That was a lie.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Joker wrote:
I thought his voice sounded a bit weird in his first scene, but I got used to it pretty quickly. He's definitely up there with the Joker in my opinion. It's not often i'm truly terrified by a movie villain.

Most definitley. Even his dialogue was as enjoyable to listen too as the Joker's.

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:14 am

So I saw The Dark Night Rises a few hours ago.
At first, I hated Banes voice, but then i realized that the less his voice fits him, the scarier he is. Also, I rarely show emotion, but when that kid was singing the national anthem, for some reason I started to tear up. I dont think ive ever hated a movie character as much as a hated Bane.

On an unrelated note, is it weird if i cant think of Bane without thinking of Maero from saints row 2?

great movie though, easily the best ive seen in a while.
"See, you ain't rocking for instance/You popping, but you robbing hip hop of traditions/You ain't rappers, you more like crooked politicians"

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:47 am

Here's Kevin Smith talking about The Dark Knight Trilogy for about an hour and a half. It's exactly what it sounds like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhLUVtGC ... ure=g-vrec
Enjoy...

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:48 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Great video, but it seems like the end missing. Is there a second part?

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:25 am

Janina wrote:
Great video, but it seems like the end missing. Is there a second part?

Not that I know of, no. I'm sure there's a longer version out there, somewhere.

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:29 am
Janina User avatar
Admin

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:33 am

I bought Batman:The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 on Blu Ray and it is fantastic. I highly recomend picking it up.

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Dogzilla wrote:
Onto the topic of the Justice League movie, I find it absolutely ridiculous. The only reason they're making this movie is to tie with The Avengers. Especially how they're aiming it for a 2015 release. They'll have to make a Wonder Woman movie, a Flash movie, another Batman reboot and a possible Aquaman movie in the course of three years. This idea is just being rushed. :nono:

another reason WBs could be doing this is their biggest property (harry potter) has just finished.
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:23 am

The Dark Knight Rises on Blu-Ray. Nuff said...

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:45 am

Alright I'm sure many of you have heard about the massive news that Warner brothers is making a Superman/Batman movie I'm so excited but also nervous very much so. The quote they used was from Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" here is the quote "I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you". My issue is in that moment Bruce has defeated Clark as you can tell, :finger: I don't want to see a physical fight between the 2 giants I want to see a mental fight.
Clark did some thing that Bruce swore to never do Clark killed someone which I was fine with.
So I think a mental battle between them could be amazing and we could really deeply explore Clark's emotions about the final battle between him and Zod. Now my pick for Bruce/Batman is Magneto himself Michael Fassbender he is just a perfect actor to take reins from Bale. No.1 he's in the age range Clark is 33 in MOS and Fassbender is 36. Sorry this was so long leave me your options down below I'd love to talk about what everyone thinks. :)

Hey man, I've added spoiler tags to your post. In the future, just try and make sure you use them when talking about something like this.
-ADePALMA1251
Chuck Norris can't breath underwater....water wouldn't dare to take oxygen from Chuck Norris
-Someone who knows the truth

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Ok thanks will do I just thought its been a month or 2 since the release so my bad.
Chuck Norris can't breath underwater....water wouldn't dare to take oxygen from Chuck Norris

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:46 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

I don't want them to fight at all. I fucking hate it when Superheroes get into fisticuffs with eachother.

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:34 am

Jabels wrote:
I don't want them to fight at all. I fucking hate it when Superheroes get into fisticuffs with eachother.

That was one of my biggest gripes with The Avengers. I thought when everyone is calling each other names and generally getting not liking each other only to immediately come together right as the bad guys show up was completely unnecessary. A few years ago when all we had was the Nolan Batman movies, I would of stood out against a Superman & Batman movie, but after seeing Man of Steel and knowing that movie takes place in a universe outside of Nolan's universe, I'm all for it. People on the internet are saying they want Bale back, but again, it takes place in a different universe and it just wouldn't feel right. I'm hopeful that they'll cast a fairly unknown actor to take on the role of Batman, and that Batman is a Batman that already exists and doesn't require any kind of back story. I think it would be pretty cool to have some sort of Lex Luthor as, or running for President sort of thing that features corruption and all that sort of stuff that Batman will be able to expose and work with Superman to stop.

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:45 pm

I have some casting news already.....Liam Mcintyre (Spartacus) has expressed interest in playing the new Bats by saying on twitter "Oh my god. So there's going to be a new Batman. It's time to dream big." I personally would be ok with this casting Liam is 32 so hes in the age range and I hear he was very good in the role. The website CosmicBookNews reports that Teen Wolf's Tyler Hoechlin is being heavily considered to dawn the cape and cowl. Ever since the news has gone viral. i have ssen Teen Wolf and i think Tyler has the look of Bruce, He also has those very mysterious eyes. Sound off your opinions down below

-Josh

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:09 pm

Has anyone seen 'The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1' movie? If so, is it worth the download? I'd like some opinions :)
What other animated Batman films would you recommend aswell?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:20 pm

The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1 and The Dark Knight Returns: Part 2 are fantastic. Batman: Year One is another really good one, and the best animated Batman movie is Batman: Mask of The Phantasm.

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks for the info. :D I've recently really got into batman! Just read Year One and thought it was very good :)
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:35 pm

In some casting news "The Hollywood Reporter" is reporting that Josh Brolin (46) is the early front runner to wear the cape and cowl...the second name on the list is Ryan Gosling (32). I've realized that Josh Brolin is in the middle of a divorce with Diane Lane (Martha Kent in MOS). As always this is Josh keeping you filled in on the Batman news.

-Josh

Previous"Next

Return to TV, Movies & Literature