Board index Off Topic Life, the Universe and Everything In the News

In the News

Here you can talk about topics which don't fit anywhere else.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:40 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Wade Zabel wrote:
defense, and alot of people make their living off of hunting. i don't know how hard it is to find a job where you live, but it's not easy finding one here

Remember that point I made about how people who need a gun for their job could get a permit for it?

Wade Zabel wrote:
all im saying is that its not right to take something away that has been a part of our culture for so long because of a few assholes.

You don't need those guns. You're not losing anything.

Wade Zabel wrote:
no, by that logic most people who WANT heroin or crack would buy heroin or crack.

Virtually no one buys crack or heroin because they want it. They buy it because they NEED it. You're still not getting the difference, are you?

Wade Zabel wrote:
and buy a gun in america, and noone gives a fuck. buying any drugs (aside pot, of course) and the neighborhood puts your head on a fuckin plate.

I know. That's part of my point. Those attitudes need reassessing.

Wade Zabel wrote:
ok, if it happens so much, name 5 massacares where they bought their guns from a gun store (not the black market.)

Dude, the reason you even have a black market for guns is because you've got guns shops everywhere. Think about it. If those shops weren't there, would the black market be even a fraction of the size it is now? Try buying a gun on the black market in England. I guarantee you it is a hundred times harder than in the States.

(And in fact, I'd wager a pretty hefty percentage of the guns there are on the UK black market came from the States in the first place. ;) )

Wade Zabel wrote:
also, theres this.

Yes, I know. And it makes me very sad indeed. :facepalm:
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:19 am

Caribou wrote:
Remember that point I made about how people who need a gun for their job could get a permit for it?

but hunting is still a hobby, and not their job. oftentimes, people who have a job have to hunt to make extra money.

Caribou wrote:
Virtually no one buys crack or heroin because they want it. They buy it because they NEED it. You're still not getting the difference, are you?

people arent born addicted to crack, so they buy it the first few times because they WANT it

Caribou wrote:
I know. That's part of my point. Those attitudes need reassessing.

you dident read what i had after that, did you?

Carbiou wrote:
Dude, the reason you even have a black market for guns is because you've got guns shops everywhere. Think about it. If those shops weren't there, would the black market be even a fraction of the size it is now? Try buying a gun on the black market in England. I guarantee you it is a hundred times harder than in the States.

no, the black market gets it from other countries
"See, you ain't rocking for instance/You popping, but you robbing hip hop of traditions/You ain't rappers, you more like crooked politicians"

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:31 am

Wade Zabel wrote:
people arent born addicted to crack,

Actually, the term "Crack Baby" comes from the fact that crack addicted mothers have babies who are born with the addiction and must go through painful withdraw during their first few weeks of human life.
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Wade Zabel wrote:
Caribou wrote:

but hunting is still a hobby, and not their job. oftentimes, people who have a job have to hunt to make extra money.

And like I said, they'll have to deal with it. Lots of people make their living selling sex or drugs, and the government has no problem criminalising them for it. Why should guns be any different?

Wade Zabel wrote:
you dident read what i had after that, did you?

Uh, yes, I did. I just didn't address it directly because this is already getting a bit quote-wall for my liking. None of it affects my point.

Wade Zabel wrote:
no, the black market gets it from other countries

LOL. Always those damn foreigners, eh?

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:42 pm
Caribou User avatar
Mod

For fuck's sake. Three members of Pussy Riot got two years in jail each for basically hurting some people's feelings. :nono:

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:21 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

Caribou wrote:
For fuck's sake. Three members of Pussy Riot got two years in jail each for basically hurting some people's feelings. :nono:

Judge Marina Syrova convicted the women of hooliganism motivated by religious hatred, saying they had "crudely undermined social order".

That's absolutely hilarious yet also really depressing. Jesus.

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 pm
Till Mod

@ bellaX: If you read this, hows the weather in New York?
signatures suc... wait, oh damnit!

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:55 pm

It's crazy.
Lots of flooding.
The wind is really really bad.
My house and everything is okay.
I'll be alright. I'll keep you guys posted.

*UPDATE*

Trees are falling down, half of my friends and family are losing electricity and internet...
So far no one is hurt.
And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Good luck! Let's hope your friends and family will be fine as well.
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Thank you, Janina. =)
So far I'm okay.
And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:48 am

I thought i was the only one going through Sandy. I just got my power on, and like she said, alot of wind and a couple cities near me are flooded.
"See, you ain't rocking for instance/You popping, but you robbing hip hop of traditions/You ain't rappers, you more like crooked politicians"

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:17 am
Janina User avatar
Admin

Oh, you're in the same area. Good luck then. It's always hard for me to imagine a big storm like this, because the weather here is so tame.

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:06 am

Yeah we got hit with a hurricane August 2011...it was bad, but not like this.
The wind is really scary...

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:48 am
Till Mod

I just heard the news. They said 6 mio. people have no electricity and 16 people already died. Thats horrible.
And sad its at halloween, whats so big in New York.

Good luck guys!

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Actually, 22 people died. It passed last night (at least for me it did). So yea. Hurricanes are a bitch.

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 pm

Hey everyone...
I lost power shortly after my last post.
I have no power, but I have neighbors who are allowing us to use some of theirs via extension cords.
It's awful....

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:15 pm
Till Mod

Hope everything turns right soon and it doesn't take too long to repair everything.

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 pm

It will take a while...
There are a bunch of towns that are literally under water.
Houses have been destroyed, trees have fallen on people's houses and cars, people that had beautiful homes are now homeless due to the massive flood....
My heart breaks for them. :(

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Alantic City is flooded like hell. And yea, every tree near me is down, and millions of people are still without power. It killed 127 people altogether, and 21 people are missing. Also, in the movie 2012, new york floods in October. Just felt like I should say it. (It might not have actually flooded in the movie, as i cant find any link to it, but people are saying it did)

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:42 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

I haven't seen 2012, but many fake pictures and stories circulate now, so I would be careful.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/sandy.asp

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:15 pm

Yeah...unless the pictures are from my friend's houses and properties...I don't believe any of them.

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:49 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Snopes is an awesome website.

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:53 pm

A school shooting happened in Connecticut....at an ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.
Children have been killed by some sick demented individual.
My heart is shattered into a million pieces.
I cannot fathom how those parents are right now... :(

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:23 pm
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

I can't even comprehend what kind of fucked up psychopatic monster would shoot to innocent children! :angry:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­▬
Dies irae, dies illa
solvet saeclum in favilla:
teste David cum Sibylla.
Quantus tremor est futurus,
quando judex est venturus,
cuncta stricte discussurus!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:54 pm

I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Interesting way of Thinking: More Weapons = Less Shootings
That reactions are so obvious. Weapon fanatism in parts of the USA is often a cause for that shootings.
About Twenty people, most not older than 7 get killed with legal weapons and they call for more of them. Very sad :(

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:00 am

This. fucking so much this.

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:56 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Morgan Freeman's got a lovely speaking voice, but that doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about.

Perhaps all concerned US citizens should mount an armed attack against the terrible sensationalist media that's turning your misfits into mass-murderers? :facepalm:

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:12 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

Love Morgan, but he's kind of stating the obvious here.

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:17 pm

This and This :nono:
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Previous"Next

Return to Life, the Universe and Everything