Board index Off Topic Computers, Videogames & Music our chart show

our chart show

Discuss musicians, songs, IT, gaming, gadgets, the internet,...
Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:00 pm
Till Mod

This threat is about how YOU like the actual music charts.
what song do you cant hear anymore? which one do you cant listen to often enough? Tell!
And it would be interesting what your actual chats would be.

---

To start up with the negative part in Germany there´re so much songs i cant hear anymore. The last time there are some "schlager" songs. (sorry, cant translate it. The dictionary says "pop songs" but this would really not fit.)
This is this kind of music old people listen to... This songs do have mordern lyrics, but this makes the thing not better. They really suck. Luckily it seems like this was just a phase...

then there is Green Day`s new single "oh love". Compared with the older stuff of them Its different. First I didn`t liked it. Now after I listened to it several times at broadcasting I do :) I mean its ok and they don`t play it that often that it sucks.

At least the album charts. Linkin Park`s "living things" compared to the most recent one of corse 1000x better. But compared to their older stuff (meteor+hybrid theory+minutes to midnight) still not good. And there are only the first three tracks of the album if I speak of >hearable<.

Oh, and there are this spanish songs, you hear more often since "ai se eu te pego" like just now "balada" by Gustavo Lima.
If you dont hear them to often, some of them are ok. but please not to much....
signatures suc... wait, oh damnit!

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:56 pm
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Linkin Park is not a band. It is a cynical, carefully-marketed business to sell angst back to teenagers. I could rant for hours about everything I hate about them, but that's the crux of it there. I'll never get my head around why so many people liked Hybrid Theory, let alone any of the shit that followed, when there were already vastly superior bands (like Korn, Deftones, Slipknot and System of a Down) doing similar stuff, only much better.

If we're talking about stuff that's in the charts at the moment, then I won't have much to say in this thread because I don't listen to them. The UK chart is dominated by cheesy dance-pop and R&B, and most of the good chart-bothering bands of recent years are on the decline (Kings of Leon, I'm looking at you here. Thankfully Arctic Monkeys are still as good as they ever were). There's still lots of great new music around, but most of it happens in places where they don't put numbers on everything.

Um... some recent chart acts that I've really liked are Mumford & Sons and Eliza Doolittle, but even they were a couple of years ago now. :sigh: I'm not even entirely sure who's in the charts at the moment, I hear so little of it. The only big song I can think of at the moment is that annoying "Call Me Maybe" one, and I only know that because some idiot keeps putting it on our pub jukebox. :nono:
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Caribou wrote:
There's still lots of great new music around, but most of it happens in places where they don't put numbers on everything.

Couldn't of said it better myself.
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:41 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

I never cared about the charts. I am not a very musical person at all and I guess I don't have a good taste, but when I want to listen to something I don't care about what's trendy right now. The only charts music I enjoy listening to are the songs from the early 90s because that's a funny childhood memory :D.

It's like the movie charts: They cannot tell you much about the quality.
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Return to Computers, Videogames & Music