[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
SP-Studio Community • View topic - The Official "Rate the Song Above You"
Board index Off Topic Computers, Videogames & Music The Official "Rate the Song Above You"

The Official "Rate the Song Above You"

Discuss musicians, songs, IT, gaming, gadgets, the internet,...

Caribou User avatar
Mod

"Average" is not something Nick Cave is noted for being. ;)

If you're interested, there's a great live-on-TV version back-to-back with a duet with PJ Harvey on another traditional song from from the same album. The two songs couldn't be more different but they're both beautiful in their own way. And Nick is very clearly coked off his tits but it's a killer performance all the same.

Back on topic, anyone else want to field this? I don't know the song but I do know what Dre and Snoop sound like together and I can't really be bothered to listen to it, if I'm honest. :whatever:

I enjoyed "Stagger Lee" much more the second time and "Henry Lee" was just beautiful. From what, (extremley) little Nick Cave I've heard, I can say I prefer him live. The studio recordings are a tad bit too overproduced for my taste. As for "Bitches Ain't Shit", what more can I say that the lyrics and beat don't :lol:. It's great 90's fun, gangster rap. They're not rapping, (or rather auto-tuned singing) about how god damn succesful they are or about a hood they've probably never been to. There rapping about what they know with a pretty good beat and a funny concept. I really dig earlier Dre.

?
*If you liked this song even a little, I highly suggest you listen to version to appreciate how simple yet kick fuckin' ass they are.

3/10

Madness Interactive - Monks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMXkS-e8xnA

Too complicated

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

8/10

Eminem-
bottom text

8/10

Lil Jon feat. Ice Cube - Real Nigga Roll Call http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVew3rk9eFs

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Um, it appears that everyone just skipped mine. We're still on .

The beeping during the riff was rather irritating, but you get used to it. That said, the riff is fucking awesome and I love the energy and charisma of the vocalist, I have a thing for somewhat gravelly voices.
There's a sweet little organ slam bit at around 50 seconds in and the vocalist just responds with "NO I DON'T LIKE THAT" or something. That was pretty cool, and it does for some reason make me wonder if they influenced Barrett-era Floyd at all, it just gives me that vibe.
That was actually my first time listening to the Monks. Needless to say, I'm impressed. I give it a solid 7/10.

Hey Ocean! -

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:35 pm
Till User avatar
Mod

@AdePALMA: 5/10

to avoid chaos, please answer for every open request. so theres always just one open question ;)

here one of my favorite songs:

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:46 pm
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:01 am

9/10

eminem-
bottom text

Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

"Survival" is pretty good. Not MUSE's best song, but it's allright. Can't wait for their new album.

?

Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

8/10
God of War III Music - Rage of Sparta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPnVGnpt ... ure=relmfu

Caribou User avatar
Mod

It sounds like allot of music out today (especially the sound of her voice, at least on that one particular song), but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Let's keep this women singers thing goin'. I see your KT Tunstall, and raise you Alison Mosshart in The Kills. 8)

?

Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

9/10

Puffy Daddy (or diddy, whatever the hell you call him)-
bottom text

Caribou User avatar
Mod

3/10

Rammstein - Du Hast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzGKsXPBILw
(I assure Till and Janina will love it)

Previous"Next