[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
SP-Studio Community • View topic - Contest Leaderboard - A Nerdy Numbers Thread
Board index Off Topic Life, the Universe and Everything Contest Leaderboard - A Nerdy Numbers Thread

Contest Leaderboard - A Nerdy Numbers Thread

Here you can talk about topics which don't fit anywhere else.
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Here's an at-a-glance guide to who's finished where from all the previous contests, and for the sake of getting meta I've added a ranking system. 1st place gets five points, 2nd gets four, 3rd gets three, 4th gets two and 5th place gets one point. Of course, this system heavily favours users who have entered many competitions, so in the interest of fairness, as of July 16th 2015 the list also shows a comparison of how many contests each user has entered, along with their average-points-per-contest score. The three highest averages under this system are marked in gold, silver and bronze respectively.

So, here's the leaderboard as it stands after the What Happened in 2015? contest:

...And below are all the old ones, for posterity.

This is cool, man. It's fun to see stuff like this.

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Janina User avatar
Admin

I love statistics :D
Do you plan on updating this for the next contests as well? Then it could be a sticky.

Till User avatar
Mod

would make sense, to add it to the stickies.

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Nice, Caribou. Now people with galleries have something to fight for in contests.

And yes, ADePALMA1251 deserves to come first. His pictures in his gallery are amazing, and his picture for this contest is in my opinion, his best of all the contests he's entered.

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Caribou is definately the head moderator next to Janina lol.
I love this!
I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Caribou User avatar
Mod

New list is up.

...Looks like Till just became a heavyweight.

man im not part of anything

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Caribou User avatar
Mod

I guess that's a unanimous "no preference" then. :lol: I've tossed a coin, we're going with A.

If you can't resolve the ties (with the number of highest ratings, as in Eurovision), its fairer the 'B' option.
:teacher: You must always distribute the same number of points:
5+4+3+2+1= 15 points.
One tie:
5+5+3+2+1=16 points: then this contest is better rated than the previous one.
Two ties:
5+5+4+4+1=18 points
Triple and double tie:
5+5+5+2+2=19 points

The better: resolving the ties.

:eyebrows: To mess all a little bit: Make a 'regularity score' by dividing the score by the number of participations...

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Till User avatar
Mod

there are two big arguments why A is better:
1. B is way more complicated and
2. I get half a point more :P

no, really.

Caribou User avatar
Mod

New list is up. Congratulations to newly-placed Kukucs, and to Eggslav & Ildorf for breaking into the top 10 and 5 respectively.

I'd better boost my game otherwise I'll get booted from the Top 10 lol :P
Yes, congratulations to Kukucs, Eggyslav and Ildorf! =)

Caribou User avatar
Mod

New chart is up. I turn my back for one contest and Joker's back in the lead...

Janina User avatar
Admin

Things stay exciting up there :).

Caribou User avatar
Mod

New chart is up.

Yikes...my rating is getting lower and lower after each contest. :(

Caribou User avatar
Mod

New chart is up. Congratulations to Strider (finally!) and Jonnnyfox, and to ADePALMA1251 for breaking into the top three.

god i suck, i need to up my game

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

one spot higher and i'm in the top 5 ^^, need to make a awsome picture this time.

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Whoops, my inactivity here has cost me dearly, I've slipped to 11th... </

Next

Return to Life, the Universe and Everything