Board index Off Topic TV, Movies & Literature The Official "Rate the TV Show/Movie Above You"

The Official "Rate the TV Show/Movie Above You"

Discuss books, poetry, mangas, TV shows, films, actors...

Posts: 245
Images: 24
Country: United States (us)

Please keep the posts related to the topic. :finger:

Anyway, I rate American Beauty as a 7/10.





The Godfather.
And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Image

OscarGold100 User avatar
BANNED

Posts: 38
Country: United States (us)
Okedokey, bella. Anyway...

Police Academy

8.5/10


Posts: 71
Images: 1
Country: United States (us)
7.5

Loiter Squad
Image

OscarGold100 User avatar
BANNED

Posts: 38
Country: United States (us)
Damn I messed up!

Oh, theres no rating for it. 0

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)?


Posts: 71
Images: 1
Country: United States (us)
NA/10

Black Dynamite (Movie)
Image


Posts: 261
Images: 260
Country: United States (us)
Black Dynamite was very well done. They nailed satirizing that "70's Black Kung Fu" genre. I'm looking forward to the animated series on Adult Swim this year. 7/10

AKIRA?
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin


Posts: 71
Images: 1
Country: United States (us)
ADePALMA1251 wrote:
Black Dynamite was very well done. They nailed satirizing that "70's Black Kung Fu" genre. I'm looking forward to the animated series on Adult Swim this year.

I have no idea what u rated but i assume its a NA/10.Just make sure you rate something after someone else post.

NA/10

U.K's got Talent
Image

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Posts: 419
Images: 480
N/A stands for "Not Applicable". What on Earth does "Not applicable out of ten" mean?

(And if it means "Zero", I can only assume you've never seen another animated movie, because Akira is the balls. ;) )
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader


Posts: 261
Images: 260
Country: United States (us)
Caribou wrote:
Akira is the balls. ;)


Probably the smartest thing I've heard all day. :clap:
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Till Mod

Posts: 768
Images: 93
Country: Germany (de)
call me mainstream, but what about how i met your mother?
signatures suc... wait, oh damnit!


Posts: 71
Images: 1
Country: United States (us)
are you people retarded are what?
READ THE RULES!!!


8/10

Two and a Half Men
Image

Jabels User avatar
Mod

Posts: 304
Images: 53
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Ohgodthismakesmewanttodie/10

American Psycho (1,000,000/10 is the only acceptable answer)
Image


Posts: 71
Images: 1
Country: United States (us)
I haven't seen it yet/10

Transformers (2007)
Image


Posts: 103
Images: 10
Country: United States (us)
5/10

8 Mile
Add Wade Fukng Zabel on Facebook for dank memes

Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

Posts: 397
Images: 230
Country: Poland (pl)
8.5/10

Bones?
Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­▬
Dies irae, dies illa
solvet saeclum in favilla:
teste David cum Sibylla.
Quantus tremor est futurus,
quando judex est venturus,
cuncta stricte discussurus!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­


Posts: 71
Images: 1
Country: United States (us)
7/10

American Dad
Image

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Posts: 244
Images: 116
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

0.0000000000000000000000000001/10

Full Metal Jacket?
Image
Credit to Jabels for signature...


Posts: 261
Images: 260
Country: United States (us)
Dogzilla wrote:
0.0000000000000000000000000001/10


Really, man?! Damn, I really enjoy American Dad!. I personaly think the writing isn't as lazy and cheap as Family Guy (Not nearly as many Cutaway gags as Family Guy ;) ).

Till wrote:
call me mainstream, but what about how i met your mother?


"Why does everything that has to be big and popular suck? I got a problem with that, so I'm trying to do something about it."-Julian Casablancas (On Pop Music)

I like like that quote, Till. I think it fitting for allot of things, not just music. Try not to worry too much about what's "mainstream". Hell, South Park is a mainstream show, and it's great! So is How I Met Your Mother.
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Posts: 244
Images: 116
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
Dogzilla wrote:
0.0000000000000000000000000001/10


Really, man?! Damn, I really enjoy American Dad!. I personaly think the writing isn't as lazy and cheap as Family Guy (Not nearly as many Cutaway gags as Family Guy ;) ).

Well to be honest, what I've seen from the newest season of American Dad is a lot better than what I've seen from the newest season of Family Guy (and 0.0000000000000000000000000001/10 was a bit of an over exaggeration, so I'll say, 4.1/10). But generally, I think American Dad is pretty suckish. I'd say the old episodes of Family Guy are better than the old episodes of American Dad, however the new episodes of American dad are a lot better than new Family episodes. Nowadays, Seth MacFarlane is just getting incredibly lazy with Family Guy and Cleveland Show (is any one even watching that show anyway?). And now the fact that he's making a new 'Flinstones' series makes me want to puke.

Family Guy: 6.4/10
American Dad: 4.1/10
Cleveland Show: 1.9/10.

Anyways, Full Metal Jacket?
Image
Credit to Jabels for signature...

Janina User avatar
Admin

Posts: 1009
Images: 4
Country: Germany (de)

8/10
I know it might deserve even better, but I am really not into war / anti war movies.

BTW I think you should NOT REPLY if you do not know the movie/show. At least wait some days and do not just say N/A because you want to write your own. Please :).
So here's my additional vote for American Psycho: 8/10

Highlander? (the movie)
Image
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Janina User avatar
Admin

Posts: 1009
Images: 4
Country: Germany (de)

- - - ADMIN INTERRUPTION - - -

I just read it now:

Caribou wrote:
{-}___{-} wrote:
no need for the explaining jables

Yes, heaven forbid that this thread has some interesting, reasoned posts rather than just a list of films with numbers next to them. :rolleyes:

OscarGold100 wrote:
Leave the girl alone Dogzilla. So she didn't read the rules. It doesn't hurt anyone. Maybe she'll think twice.

Geez, your argument threshold is astonishingly low, isn't it? Dogzilla didn't say anything at all out of line, he wasn't rude, he didn't belabour the point at all - and in cases like this where it's obvious that someone hasn't read the first post properly then it's better that someone points it out quickly rather than let them carry on with the misapprehension, no?

Not to mention that Dogzilla is part of the moderation team; he's well aware of what he should and shouldn't be saying on this board, and his last post was completely acceptable. We don't censor each other here, so it'd be appreciated if you refrain from telling people what they can and can't post. ;)



Caribou is right, please listen to him and the other mods.

Putting numbers in a row is not very interesting... This is a forum so it is good if people write a sentence or two about their decision. They don't have to, but it should not be forbidden as long as it is not off topic.
And stop writing "leave him/her alone" if there is no need for it ;). I have read that a couple of times now and there never was a reason.
I cannot be in the forum all the time, so please respect the mods.
Image
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Till Mod

Posts: 768
Images: 93
Country: Germany (de)
TWO THINGS:
ADePALMA1251 wrote:
Till wrote:
call me mainstream, but what about how i met your mother?


"Why does everything that has to be big and popular suck? I got a problem with that, so I'm trying to do something about it."-Julian Casablancas (On Pop Music)

I like like that quote, Till. I think it fitting for allot of things, not just music. Try not to worry too much about what's "mainstream". Hell, South Park is a mainstream show, and it's great! So is [i]How I Met Your Mother[/i].


absolutely.
If theres a show, a band, movie or whatever... and lots of people like it, it means just its good. Or would those people like it if it wouldn't be good? definitely not.
And just because you like, what lots of others like too, that don't means your no special person.

the thing I underlined was just what I wanted to say with my first post.

And this:
Janina wrote:
BTW I think you should NOT REPLY if you do not know the movie/show. At least wait some days and do not just say N/A because you want to write your own. Please .

I think was clear, without needing to tell anyone.

I haven't seen it yet/10
or
NA/10
:wall:

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
When a user has absoultley NO paitence, and answers a question that maybe doesn't pertain to them, just so they can selfishly ask thier question. Instead of course simply waiting for another question that they can in fact give a reasonable answer too ...


just needed to say. Now please back to topic: Janina asked about the movie "Highlander".
signatures suc... wait, oh damnit!

Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

Posts: 397
Images: 230
Country: Poland (pl)
15/10

It deserves five extra points for music, by QUEEN! :D


Star Wars, the Prequel Trilogy?
Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­▬
Dies irae, dies illa
solvet saeclum in favilla:
teste David cum Sibylla.
Quantus tremor est futurus,
quando judex est venturus,
cuncta stricte discussurus!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Posts: 244
Images: 116
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

7.1/10

The Shining?
Image
Credit to Jabels for signature...


Posts: 261
Images: 260
Country: United States (us)
Janina wrote:
BTW I think you should NOT REPLY if you do not know the movie/show. At least wait some days and do not just say N/A because you want to write your own. Please :).


Yes, thank you for putting that.
Till wrote:
ADePALMA1251 wrote:
When a user has absoultley NO paitence, and answers a question that maybe doesn't pertain to them, just so they can selfishly ask thier question. Instead of course simply waiting for another question that they can in fact give a reasonable answer too ...


just needed to say.


Ha! Glad someone noticed I was focusing on this thread when I wrote that. :lol:
Anyway, Star Wars the original trilogy? 8.2/10. Now if you were to ask just Empire Strikes Back seperetley, I'd give it a 9/10.
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Janina User avatar
Admin

Posts: 1009
Images: 4
Country: Germany (de)

The Shining: 8.5/10

It was missed, so I rated this one ;). I like it very much, but to be a 9 or even 10 a movie must really hit me. Often that's a very pesonal decision. The Shining is a really good movie, but none of my all time favorites.

@Eggyslav: :thumbup:

The X-Files? (you can split it up into seasons if you want)
Image
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.


Posts: 103
Images: 10
Country: United States (us)
{-}___{-} wrote:
are you people retarded are what?
READ THE RULES!!!


8/10

Two and a Half Men


...calm the hell down
Add Wade Fukng Zabel on Facebook for dank memes


Posts: 245
Images: 24
Country: United States (us)

I rank the X-Files 7/10.
Unique characters, interesting plots, conflicts, etc.



Seinfeld!
And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Image


Posts: 71
Images: 1
Country: United States (us)
8/75/10

Friends
Image


Posts: 245
Images: 24
Country: United States (us)

8/10!

Great dialogue, fun plots, unique characters...definately a show that I miss being on the air.


The Breakfast Club
And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Image

Previous"Next

Return to TV, Movies & Literature