Board index Off Topic TV, Movies & Literature Batman

Batman

Discuss books, poetry, mangas, TV shows, films, actors...
Post Tue May 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Dogzilla wrote:
So, the 3rd Dark Knight rises trailer is out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5VDDJlsD6I&feature=g-logo

Thank you for that, sir. Thank you...
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Post Tue May 01, 2012 6:03 pm
Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
Dogzilla wrote:
So, the 3rd Dark Knight rises trailer is out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5VDDJlsD6I&feature=g-logo

Thank you for that, sir. Thank you...

You're welcome, sir. You're welcome....
Credit to Jabels for signature...

Post Thu May 17, 2012 9:57 pm

Oh Harley Quinn's Revenge looks all sorts of good. Here's the new trailer...

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:15 am

Here's a very well done, 13 minute featurette on The Dark Knight Rises. It doesn't really spoil anything. I say that becasue, like the trailers/tv spots, it adds 4-5 seconds of new footage, but you still have no fuckin' clue what's going on.

Enjoy...
http://batman-news.com/2012/07/07/13-mi ... sed-video/

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:47 pm

He's getting another reboot after The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:27 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
Here's a very well done, 13 minute featurette on The Dark Knight Rises. It doesn't really spoil anything. I say that becasue, like the trailers/tv spots, it adds 4-5 seconds of new footage, but you still have no fuckin' clue what's going on.

Enjoy...
http://batman-news.com/2012/07/07/13-mi ... sed-video/

God damn it I'm too hyped.

Shit, I need to get my tickets booked this week.

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:47 pm

Jabels wrote:
God damn it I'm too hyped.

Shit, I need to get my tickets booked this week.

I know, man. My dad got our ticketes June 11. Now we play the waiting game...

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:04 am
OscarGold100 User avatar
BANNED

maytess12 wrote:

I hope it the Batman movie after The Dark Knight Rises doesn't suck.

I so wanna see Dark Knight.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:34 am

maytess12 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that "reboot" is actually just Darren Aronofsky's cancelled Batman: Year One film, which is supposed to be turned into a graphic novel soon. The script was written by Aronofsky and Frank Miller, and featured many changes to the original story. I read some of the script and thought it kicked ass. Now Warner Bros. thought differently and decided to go another root with Christopher Nolan. And well, the rest is history. :)

Here's the script.
http://leonscripts.users5.50megs.com/sc ... script.htm

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Man-Bat,Man-Bat and Man-Bat :angry:

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:20 pm
OscarGold100 User avatar
BANNED

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
maytess12 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that "reboot" is actually just Darren Aronofsky's cancelled Batman: Year One film, which is supposed to be turned into a graphic novel soon. The script was written by Aronofsky and Frank Miller, and featured many changes to the original story. I read some of the script and thought it kicked ass. Now Warner Bros. thought differently and decided to go another root with Christopher Nolan. And well, the rest is history. :)

Here's the script.
http://leonscripts.users5.50megs.com/sc ... script.htm

Actually, its in production. It's not Batman: Year One. It's called The Batman

i found this. Not sure if its useful info.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phnXO-SR_5Y&feature=plcp

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:59 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

Empire have an exclusive free stream of the soundtrack for TDKR on their website:
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34498

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:30 pm
Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

The Dark Knight Rises... yay.

So, it's being released THIS FUCKING FRIDAY OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:

From what you've seen from the trailers and previews and a ton of other shit, what do you think?

Are you excited? When are you seeing it? Are you even seeing it? (if no, then, wtf is wrong with you)

Oh and when the movie comes out use spoiler tags.

Example:
Spoiler: show
Batman is in it.

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:31 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

There are 3 reasons I HAVE to go to the cinema this year:

1. The Fantasy Filmfest (>20 movie premieres in 8 days, I visit it every year)
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. The Hobbit

I know nothing about it yet (except for the villains), because I did not watch the trailers, teasers and promo whatsoever stuff. I just expect the best and I am sure Nolan will deliver =).
Actually I don't know if I prefer a Happy Ending or a sad one... let's just hope nobody will spoil it for me. What I want are some nice surprises and the typical dark atmosphere. The rest is up to Nolan, I trust him.

Will it be better than the first two parts? Maybe, but it does not have to. They were so great, it will be very hard to top them.
When I look back at famous trilogys there are some good examples for amazing 3rd parts (Indiana Jones, The Lord of the Rings, the new Star Wars trilogy... okay, the first two parts of this were easy to top), so I am not worried about it.
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:52 pm

I have some batman sorta related news I heard that the Man Of Steel teaser trailer will be shown befor The Dark Knight Rises starts. Which I'm super exicted to see
Chuck Norris can't breath underwater....water wouldn't dare to take oxygen from Chuck Norris
-Someone who knows the truth

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:47 am
Joker User avatar
Mod

Here's something for the wait.
...That was a lie.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:52 pm
Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Joker wrote:
Here's something for the wait.

That was awesome. One of the best trailers I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing that, Joker.

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:44 pm

The Dark Knight Rises...The perfect end, to the perfect trilogy.
I really don't know where to start. I've been in shock since about Friday, July 20th, 9:45pm est. It was a flawless end, and I'll fight to the death deffending that...

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:49 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
The Dark Knight Rises...The perfect end, to the perfect trilogy.
I really don't know where to start. I've been in shock since about Friday, July 20th, 9:45pm est. It was a flawless end, and I'll fight to the death deffending that...

Haha, I know what you mean man. I was actually thinking that we both had the same reaction, since neither of us had anything to post.

That said:
Bane vs Batman: Round one was the best scene in the whole movie for me. I think my heart stopped a couple of times, especially when Bane lifted Bruce over his head. I knew what was coming, but I still gasped like a motherfucker and covered my mouth when it happened.

Selina was surprisingly great too. As well as John Blake.

Oh, almost forgot:
FUCKING TALIA. I had a feeling it was her right from the get-go. She was excellent.

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Jabels wrote:
Haha, I know what you mean man. I was actually thinking that we both had the same reaction, since neither of us had anything to post.

That said:
Bane vs Batman: Round one was the best scene in the whole movie for me. I think my heart stopped a couple of times, especially when Bane lifted Bruce over his head. I knew what was coming, but I still gasped like a motherfucker and covered my mouth when it happened.

Oh, almost forgot:
FUCKING TALIA. I had a feeling it was her right from the get-go. She was excellent.

Haha. It was shock, man. Pure shock. :lol:
Seeing Batman getting his ass beat so badly in the first fight, was unreal. He had NO fucking chance. The ammount of determination he had was remarkable. Anne Hathaway was a perfect Selina Kyle, the character of John Blake was so fitting for this universe. And Talia! Jesus Christ, Talia Al Ghul. I also had that sneaking suspicion Miranda Tate was Talia ;) , but I had no idea how they were going to tie it all in with Ra's and Bane

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:18 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

ADePALMA1251 wrote:
Jabels wrote:

That said:

Oh, almost forgot:

Haha. It was shock, man. Pure shock. :lol:
Seeing Batman getting his ass beat so badly in the first fight, was unreal. He had NO fucking chance. The ammount of determination he had was remarkable. Anne Hathaway was a perfect Selina Kyle, the character of John Blake was so fitting for this universe. And Talia! Jesus Christ, Talia Al Ghul. I also had that sneaking suspicion Miranda Tate was Talia ;) , but the I had no idea how they were going to tie it all in with Ra's and Bane

The lack of music really added to the scene too. I was on the edge of my seat, occasionally leaning over to my friend (who I recently let borrow my copy of Knightfall) just to say "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit I can't watch" to eachother.

There's so many cool things that I noticed and I can't even remember them all. I think the shot of Selina when she first uses the Batpod is almost the exact same as the final shot of The Dark Knight. I thought that was a very nice touch.

Oh, Harvey leaving more of an impact on Bruce, Gordon and everyone in Gotham than The Joker ever did made the Two-Face fanboy in me very happy. The revelation of his dark turn is what sends Gotham into utter chaos, and that's just fucking awesome.

Definitely going to see it again.

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:20 pm

on the subject of the whole reboot thing, i think they should but make a batman movie, Bruce wayne's parents get killed, he becomes batman, fights the joker, batman wins, big woop, and then...pair it with man of steel, green lantern and make a wonder woman, flash, even a aquaman movie and make the justice league a movie!!

with nothing to do with this!:
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

A Justice League movie is in the works already. I think they're going down the Avengers route, starting with Man of Steel (which looks great).

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Jabels wrote:
Definitely going to see it again.

I can't wait to. As for the whole "reboot" thing, I'm dissapointed in humanity for already talking about a Batman reboot so soon. Humans have become so impatiant and self righteous and it's fuckin' pathetic. Just enjoy what we have, an epic trilogy that needs to remain untoched for awhile. Just leave it be. And the Justice League movie needs to crash and burn. I really don't think average moviegoers understand the appherent differences between Marvel and DC when it comes to crossovers to be taken seriously. And sadly, the rage filled forever unsatisfied fanboys are blind from the success of The Avengers and support this abomination. Honestly, can anyone see a post Bale Batman (Not saying Christian Bale should or needs to do it) sitting arround a table disscusing how they should save the planet with The Flash and Martian Manhunter right now? Maybe in 8 or 9 years, but now, let us enjoy what we have.

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:01 pm

on the subject of the JLA film, can anyone explain to me what is going on with the wonder woman movie, every other they come out with a new explaination.
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Though I hate crust-punks, I'd still toss them a buck. Everyone deserves to see this film...

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:56 pm
Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

I like the tim burton batman movies

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:18 pm

im just back from seeing it....
OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

On to the details:
Michael Caine did his best in this, it almost reduced me to tears,
and i knew talia was in it but i just remembered before she unveiled herself and that was a
major mindblow,
bane was good it definitely brought on the
"he broke the bat" story but he needed to be more menacing as a leader
it almost seemed he was just there for the cameras.
John blake fit perfectly and left it on a real cliff-hanger with him being robin
but they could have put some more at the end with robin.
and finally...Anne Hathaway did good as catwoman the anti-hero idea way great
and i hope chris nolan will do man of steel as good as he did this.

the list of the best (they were all great)
    1. the dark knight rises
    2. batman begins
    3. the dark knight
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:16 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Removed some spoiler tags. Please only use them for things that are, y'know, spoilers. Saying "It was awesome" isn't going to ruin anything for anyone, you don't need to tag it.
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:30 am

Jetpack-guy wrote:
im just back from seeing it....
OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

On to the details:
Michael Caine did his best in this, it almost reduced me to tears,
and i knew talia was in it but i just remembered before she unveiled herself and that was a
major mindblow,
bane was good it definitely brought on the
"he broke the bat" story but he needed to be more menacing as a leader
it almost seemed he was just there for the cameras.
John blake fit perfectly and left it on a real cliff-hanger with him being robin
but they could have put some more at the end with robin.
and finally...Anne Hathaway did good as catwoman the anti-hero idea way great
and i hope chris nolan will do man of steel as good as he did this.

Really? I fell like they made Bane a great ruthless and feared leader,
considering all these people had heard about "The Masked Man", and how many followers he had control of in the mist of the Gotham takeover. Also, I'm glad all they did was give you that little dose of Robin. And the way they did it was great.

Previous"Next

Return to TV, Movies & Literature