Board index Off Topic TV, Movies & Literature The Official "Rate the TV Show/Movie Above You"

The Official "Rate the TV Show/Movie Above You"

Discuss books, poetry, mangas, TV shows, films, actors...

Posts: 71
Images: 1
Country: United States (us)
Welcome to my Rate the TV Show/Movie Above You thread.

It is my hope that this will become one of the more popular threads in the Media thread.

The way this will work is, I will post the name of a movie or TV Show and then the next user to post will rate the movie or TV show out of 10 and that person will name a movie or TV show and the next user to post will rate the movie or TV show out of 10 and so on.

Please try to keep things as appropriate as possible, meaning no pornographic movie titles etc.

Also, a helpful thing would be to do a simple Google search on the movie/TV show and provide the users of this thread with a link to the IMDB Article, or something like that which would give a good plot summary.

If you haven't seen the movie that the user above you has posted, simply answer with NA, I haven't seen it, or something of the sort.

South Park
Last edited by {-}___{-} on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

OscarGold100 User avatar
BANNED

Posts: 38
Country: United States (us)
9.5 / 10


Posts: 71
Images: 1
Country: United States (us)
is not a real show or movie so N/A.

The Brady Bunch.
Image


Posts: 262
Images: 261
Country: United States (us)
From what I've seen, 3/10.

Dumb and Dumber?
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Posts: 244
Images: 117
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

6.6/10

Donnie Darko?
Image
Credit to Jabels for signature...


Posts: 262
Images: 261
Country: United States (us)
8.5/10

King of The Hill?
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin


Posts: 33
Country: United States (us)
9.5/10

The Amazing Spider-Man

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Posts: 244
Images: 117
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

8/10.

The Social Network?
Image
Credit to Jabels for signature...

Joker User avatar
Mod

Posts: 82
Images: 83
Country: Norway (no)
8.1/10

Batman Begins?
...That was a lie.

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Posts: 244
Images: 117
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

8.9/10

Batman (1989)?
Image
Credit to Jabels for signature...


Posts: 247
Images: 25
Country: United States (us)

8/10



The Nightmare Before Christmas
And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Image

Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

Posts: 397
Images: 231
Country: Poland (pl)
8/10

CSI: Miami?
Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­▬
Dies irae, dies illa
solvet saeclum in favilla:
teste David cum Sibylla.
Quantus tremor est futurus,
quando judex est venturus,
cuncta stricte discussurus!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­


Posts: 71
Images: 1
Country: United States (us)
9.5/10

A Bronx Tale
Image


Posts: 262
Images: 261
Country: United States (us)
8.2/10 (Highly underrated)

Jaws?(The scariest movie of all time)
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Posts: 244
Images: 117
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

9.4/10

Watchmen?
Image
Credit to Jabels for signature...

Jabels User avatar
Mod

Posts: 304
Images: 53
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
7/10
I enjoyed it, but it was rather unnecessary. Silk Spectre I & II's actresses were awful, but Rorschach, Comedian, Nite Owl II and Doctor Manhattan were spot on. The visual effects and the action scenes were great and even Zack Snyder's slow-mo shit that I hate in every other film seemed to work in Watchmen. I see why they changed the ending, but it creates a few plot holes. I also had a problem with the prison fight scene, the film had a great soundtrack consisting entirely of songs from the '60s to the '80s, but for that scene they just used a generic Rock-Techno track that seemed so out of place with the rest.

The main gripe I have about it is it seems to just be a story about the "Watchmen" (that really irks me that the group actually calls themselves the Watchmen, considering the word can never be seen in full for the entire book, bar the covers), rather than what it should be: A deconstruction of the superhero genre, which Zack Snyder didn't seem to get, and just turned it into a normal superhero action flick.

That said, the opening credits brought a tear to my eye since Watchmen is my all time favourite comic (I'm reading through it again right now), it was absolutely beautiful.


Superman (1978)
Image


Posts: 71
Images: 1
Country: United States (us)
no need for the explaining jables 9/10

Batman Begins
Image

Joker User avatar
Mod

Posts: 82
Images: 83
Country: Norway (no)
It's more interesting if you have a reason for the rating you're giving it, It doesn't hurt does it?
And by the way, I already said Batman Begins.
...That was a lie.


Posts: 33
Country: United States (us)
The Powerpuff Girls

9/10

The Mummy (1999)

8.7/10

Star Wars Trilogy

8.5/10

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Posts: 244
Images: 117
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

maytess12 wrote:
The Powerpuff Girls

9/10

The Mummy (1999)

8.7/10

Star Wars Trilogy

8.5/10

You haven't read the rules, have you?
Image
Credit to Jabels for signature...

OscarGold100 User avatar
BANNED

Posts: 38
Country: United States (us)
Dogzilla wrote:
maytess12 wrote:
The Powerpuff Girls

9/10

The Mummy (1999)

8.7/10

Star Wars Trilogy

8.5/10

You haven't read the rules, have you?

Leave the girl alone Dogzilla. So she didn't read the rules. It doesn't hurt anyone. Maybe she'll think twice.

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Posts: 420
Images: 481
{-}___{-} wrote:
no need for the explaining jables

Yes, heaven forbid that this thread has some interesting, reasoned posts rather than just a list of films with numbers next to them. :rolleyes:

OscarGold100 wrote:
Leave the girl alone Dogzilla. So she didn't read the rules. It doesn't hurt anyone. Maybe she'll think twice.

Geez, your argument threshold is astonishingly low, isn't it? Dogzilla didn't say anything at all out of line, he wasn't rude, he didn't belabour the point at all - and in cases like this where it's obvious that someone hasn't read the first post properly then it's better that someone points it out quickly rather than let them carry on with the misapprehension, no?

Not to mention that Dogzilla is part of the moderation team; he's well aware of what he should and shouldn't be saying on this board, and his last post was completely acceptable. We don't censor each other here, so it'd be appreciated if you refrain from telling people what they can and can't post. ;)
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader


Posts: 33
Country: United States (us)
@ Dogzilla

...

@ OscarGold100

Don't be rude to others, but thank you for standing up for me.

@ Caribou

Don't get involved in the argument. And it wasn't an argument. He just told something I probably would've said had I been in a similar situation.


Posts: 262
Images: 261
Country: United States (us)
maytess12 wrote:
@ Caribou

Don't get involved in the argument. And it wasn't an argument...

Uh, what?

Anyways...

Memento
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin


Posts: 33
Country: United States (us)
ADePALMA1251 wrote:
maytess12 wrote:
@ Caribou

Don't get involved in the argument. And it wasn't an argument...

Uh, what?

Anyways...

Memento

Don't listen to them, there weirdos. Especially Oscar Gold.

@ OscarGold100

youre the biggest weirdo of them all, but that's I like you (not romantically; with guy i never met in person, ewww)
But hey, the what the hell. For standing up for me eventhough you made an ass of yourself ... :kiss:


Posts: 33
Country: United States (us)
The Mummy 3

7.6/10

OscarGold100 User avatar
BANNED

Posts: 38
Country: United States (us)
maytess12 wrote:
ADePALMA1251 wrote:
maytess12 wrote:
@ Caribou

Don't get involved in the argument. And it wasn't an argument...

Uh, what?

Anyways...

Memento

Don't listen to them, there weirdos. Especially Oscar Gold.

@ OscarGold100

youre the biggest weirdo of them all, but that's I like you (not romantically; with guy i never met in person, ewww)
But hey, the what the hell. For standing up for me eventhough you made an ass of yourself ... :kiss:

Awwwww.. Better hope my significant other doesn't see it.

Jabels User avatar
Mod

Posts: 304
Images: 53
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Shit man, of all the threads to have cybersex in...
Image

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Posts: 420
Images: 481
maytess12 wrote:
@ Caribou

Don't get involved in the argument.

I'm a moderator. It's kinda my job.
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Posts: 244
Images: 117
Country: United Kingdom (uk)

OscarGold100 wrote:
Leave the girl alone Dogzilla. So she didn't read the rules. It doesn't hurt anyone. Maybe she'll think twice.

I wasn't insulting her, I was simply informing her that her posts were against the rules.

maytess12 wrote:
The Mummy 3

7.6/10

It seems as though you still have not read the rules, so I'll explain.

Person A says a movie. Person B then gives a rating (out of 10) of the film Person A said. Then Person B says another movie, and so on.

Le Example:

Person A: The Godfather.

Person B: 10/10.

Scarface.


..and so on. Got it?


Anyways, enough of this. Let's just forget about it.
ADePALMA1251 wrote:
Anyways...

Memento

8.7/10.

American Beauty?
Image
Credit to Jabels for signature...

Next

Return to TV, Movies & Literature