Board index Off Topic Computers, Videogames & Music South Park: The Stick of Truth

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Discuss musicians, songs, IT, gaming, gadgets, the internet,...
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:26 pm
Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

So a new South Park video game is coming next year.

The trailer was released a few days ago, and in my opinion, it looks pretty awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZHv-9e2ro&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26rct%3Dj%26q%3Dsouth%2520park%2520the%2520stick%2520of%2520truth%26source%3Dweb%26cd%3D6%26sqi%3D2%26ved%3D0CFUQtwIwBQ%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.youtube.com%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DbkZHv-9e2ro%26ei%3D_ZPTT46iBuic0AWeobSrBA%26usg%3DAFQjCNHZ-mX5IJnioOZSXfYzlA3Tw8ND8w

(The video is flagged, so if you don't have a channel just watch it here.)

It's expected to be released March 5 2013.

So what do you guys think?

Do you think it looks any good? Will you buy it?
Credit to Jabels for signature...

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:58 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

I think it is a must have title!

The old Acclaim games from about 10 years ago were kinda crappy so I am glad they are finally making a big South Park game again. This show deserves a good game! And I think it looks very promising :). The developer has made some great games in the past, the graphics look amazing (just like the show) and Trey and Matt were involved a lot in this project. I think that's the most important part about it... it is their own story with their typical sense of humour. They love video games and so I am sure they have put a lot of work into this. Who knows if they get a chance like this again?

And the E3 presentation was REALLY funny :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoE7sj7IDWQ
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:23 am
Till Mod

I think this will be great, and If youre a south park fan its a must have! Im just sad it doesnt comes for mac, because I dont have xbox or ps3, so I will have to play it on my dads computer... :(
signatures suc... wait, oh damnit!

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Oooo. I want to play.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:43 pm
Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

maytess12 wrote:
Oooo. I want to play.

Who dosen't? :lol:
Credit to Jabels for signature...

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:14 am
Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

Dogzilla wrote:
maytess12 wrote:
Oooo. I want to play.

Who dosen't? :lol:

People who hate souhtpark and wanna kill the makers of it.

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:20 pm
Till Mod

So, does anyone of you own the game already? I'd love playing it right now, but i don't own a PS3/xBox and my Computer hasn't enough video-RAM since I'm not a real gamer. And the other problem in Germany and Austria is that they left out an swastika from censorship… Now they have to find it, and everyone who owns the game for PC already has to wait.
signatures suc... wait, oh damnit!

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:05 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

I don't own any consoles so I haven't played it either. I've heard very good things about it though.
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:41 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

I can't wait to play it, but my German PC-version won't unlock until the censorship is fixed... I also pre-ordered the US-Version for PS3, but it takes long to deliver. :(

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:17 pm
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

Game Grumps Steam Train are now making series from their SP:TSoT gameplay:

First episode so far.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­▬
Dies irae, dies illa
solvet saeclum in favilla:
teste David cum Sibylla.
Quantus tremor est futurus,
quando judex est venturus,
cuncta stricte discussurus!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:19 am
Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

i've finished the game on easy for the pc, i really liked how they put all the characters in it

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:45 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Oh, I haven't wrote anything about it here?

An amazing game, I think this is exactly how a South Park game should look like. Strong storytelling, a whole lot of fan service and the original humour of the show. You feel the love Trey and Matt and the developers put into this, it is like a second South Park movie.
I liked the game mechanics as well, but it was too easy from a certain point. I played on middle and changed to hard later. The second thing I found very frustrating was that you can miss things (achievements, but even collectables).
But over all I am really in love with this game. My favorite parts were Canada and Mr. Slave ;). But the ending was great as well. And so many nice little ideas in between.

I played the U.S. version on ps3, my cut German Steam version is still untouched.

Return to Computers, Videogames & Music