Board index Off Topic Life, the Universe and Everything Occupations & School

Occupations & School

Here you can talk about topics which don't fit anywhere else.
Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm a student, but want to become a film director/writer.

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Freelance crimefighter.

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:41 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

As a kid I wanted to become a comic artist for Disney animated movies... after I wanted to got to the circus. When I realized most of them have a pretty boring job (always drawing what others tell you to draw) I decided to study art. I went to the studio of an artist every weekend from the age of 14 to the age of 19 and when I graduated from school (Abitur) I sent my portfolio to the Städel in Frankfurt, a famous university for liberal arts. I was sure they were going to let me in, because this was the only plan I had for my life. They had to!
They did not.
But it wasn't that bad, because this brought me to an academy where I studied "communication design" (I am not sure if that's the right translation). It was the perfect mix between classic art and modern design. I graduated 2007 and like most of us I started to work as a trainee for an advertising agency. It was a very interesting time and I learned a lot. But I realized this stressful job would mean no free time... no time for SP-Studio.de and all the others things I wanted to do. So I decided to try to work as a freelancer for webdesign and illustrations. And that's what I still do today :).
It's risky, because you never know if and how much you are going to earn this month. But you are your own boss and can work at home. I enjoy this ver ymuch.

@Viral Monster: This sounds exciting, I wish you luck! :) Do you already know a school where you want to go?

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Edinburugh School Of Arts I hope

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:13 pm
Till Mod

I am student, too. At the moment 9th grade of secondary school "Realschule".
I want to became a radiomoderator. I have no plan B but it must be something with creative things...
signatures suc... wait, oh damnit!

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:23 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

I'm the assistant manager of the greatest pub in existence, and a part-time musician. I've got a degree in Film Studies that I've never used for anything, it's a hell of a hard industry to break into if you're not 100% committed and I realised sometime in my second year that my heart wasn't in filmmaking enough to make a career out of it. It's always been about the music more than anything for me.
Bustin' makes me feel good

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:25 am

Caribou wrote:
I'm the assistant manager of the greatest pub in existence, and a part-time musician. I've got a degree in Film Studies that I've never used for anything, it's a hell of a hard industry to break into if you're not 100% committed and I realised sometime in my second year that my heart wasn't in filmmaking enough to make a career out of it. It's always been about the music more than anything for me.

>Degree in Film Studies
>Goes to work in a pub.

I like your style.

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:28 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

I've never had anything even resembling a "life direction". Uni was more a convenient way of doing what the hell I wanted for three years rather than a stepping-stone to something bigger. Not the wisest move in hindsight, but I had a blast all the same. :)
Bustin' makes me feel good

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:20 am

In a perfect world I'd absolutely love to direct, write, and play guitar, all for a living...
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:07 am
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

Actually, I'm studying Archaeology, but before that, I studied History of Art and Philosophy, although I couldn't make it to the end of those studies....Don't ask.... After University, I'd like to be an Egyptologist.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
Tochter aus Elysium!
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische dein Heiligtum!
Deine zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
Wo dein saftner Flügel weilt!

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:56 pm

im a student but about a year ago i made youtube vids for money but long story short i got banned... and my vids got deleted.
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:16 pm

I'm a Media student and a Bar man at weekends, both rewarding occupations right there. With media I hope to go into the production side which is tough I know, but still I can dream.

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:25 pm
Till Mod

Sounds good. Nearly everyone on here does or wants to do something with media... cool :)

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Me included :)

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:41 pm
Till Mod

Yea...film directors, a radio mod,...lots of musicans, design freelances, pup managers... Some serial killers and a egyptologist...

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:29 am

Note: I deleted all of the spammy comments because they were off topic and had nothing to do with jobs/occupations/careers.

I'm in my junior year of college (third year) and my major is Media Studies!
After I graduate, I hope to work in a public relations firm or something with advertising...
My current job right now is cashier/stock-girl at a pharmacy lol.

Honestly, my dream occupation would to tour around the world with my band, but like I said, it's only a dream. :P
School comes first!
I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:30 pm

bellaXraven wrote:
Honestly, my dream occupation would to tour around the world with my band, but like I said, it's only a dream. :P
School comes first!

Hey, I'd come to your concerts :awesome:

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Lol if my dream occupation came true, and I end up playing a European tour...I'd give a shout-out to all of my SP-Studio friends! :D

Okay, back to reality.
Hopefully by next year, I should be interning at a public relations firm of some sort...hopefully a paid internship lol.
I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Im hoping to go into broadcasting (radio)
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:12 pm
Till Mod

Nice, guy. Me too! :P

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Good luck to you both =)

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:30 pm
Till Mod

Thanks. Im looking foreward to see a great movie by the "Viralmonster&Joker Producions".. Good luck for you too.

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Till wrote:
Thanks. Im looking foreward to see a great movie by the "Viralmonster&Joker Producions".. Good luck for you too.

I recently picked BTEC Media, so I'm working my way there :awesome:

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm studying public Administration and doing specialization in H.R... my occupation will be H.R manager :)

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm

Unemployed at the moment

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:00 pm
Till Mod

so, tomorrow my exams start, wish me luck :)

Return to Life, the Universe and Everything