Board index Off Topic Life, the Universe and Everything Occupations & School

Occupations & School

Here you can talk about topics which don't fit anywhere else.
Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm a student, but want to become a film director/writer.

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:29 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

Freelance crimefighter.

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:41 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

As a kid I wanted to become a comic artist for Disney animated movies... after I wanted to got to the circus. When I realized most of them have a pretty boring job (always drawing what others tell you to draw) I decided to study art. I went to the studio of an artist every weekend from the age of 14 to the age of 19 and when I graduated from school (Abitur) I sent my portfolio to the Städel in Frankfurt, a famous university for liberal arts. I was sure they were going to let me in, because this was the only plan I had for my life. They had to!
They did not.
But it wasn't that bad, because this brought me to an academy where I studied "communication design" (I am not sure if that's the right translation). It was the perfect mix between classic art and modern design. I graduated 2007 and like most of us I started to work as a trainee for an advertising agency. It was a very interesting time and I learned a lot. But I realized this stressful job would mean no free time... no time for SP-Studio.de and all the others things I wanted to do. So I decided to try to work as a freelancer for webdesign and illustrations. And that's what I still do today :).
It's risky, because you never know if and how much you are going to earn this month. But you are your own boss and can work at home. I enjoy this ver ymuch.

@Viral Monster: This sounds exciting, I wish you luck! :) Do you already know a school where you want to go?
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Edinburugh School Of Arts I hope

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:13 pm
Till Mod

I am student, too. At the moment 9th grade of secondary school "Realschule".
I want to became a radiomoderator. I have no plan B but it must be something with creative things...
signatures suc... wait, oh damnit!

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:23 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

I'm the assistant manager of the greatest pub in existence, and a part-time musician. I've got a degree in Film Studies that I've never used for anything, it's a hell of a hard industry to break into if you're not 100% committed and I realised sometime in my second year that my heart wasn't in filmmaking enough to make a career out of it. It's always been about the music more than anything for me.
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:25 am
Jabels User avatar
Mod

Caribou wrote:
I'm the assistant manager of the greatest pub in existence, and a part-time musician. I've got a degree in Film Studies that I've never used for anything, it's a hell of a hard industry to break into if you're not 100% committed and I realised sometime in my second year that my heart wasn't in filmmaking enough to make a career out of it. It's always been about the music more than anything for me.

>Degree in Film Studies
>Goes to work in a pub.

I like your style.

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:28 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

I've never had anything even resembling a "life direction". Uni was more a convenient way of doing what the hell I wanted for three years rather than a stepping-stone to something bigger. Not the wisest move in hindsight, but I had a blast all the same. :)
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:20 am

In a perfect world I'd absolutely love to direct, write, and play guitar, all for a living...
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:07 am
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

Actually, I'm studying Archaeology, but before that, I studied History of Art and Philosophy, although I couldn't make it to the end of those studies....Don't ask.... After University, I'd like to be an Egyptologist.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­▬
Dies irae, dies illa
solvet saeclum in favilla:
teste David cum Sibylla.
Quantus tremor est futurus,
quando judex est venturus,
cuncta stricte discussurus!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:56 pm

im a student but about a year ago i made youtube vids for money but long story short i got banned... and my vids got deleted.
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:16 pm

I'm a Media student and a Bar man at weekends, both rewarding occupations right there. With media I hope to go into the production side which is tough I know, but still I can dream.

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:25 pm
Till Mod

Sounds good. Nearly everyone on here does or wants to do something with media... cool :)

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Me included :)

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:41 pm
Till Mod

Yea...film directors, a radio mod,...lots of musicans, design freelances, pup managers... Some serial killers and a egyptologist...

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:29 am

Note: I deleted all of the spammy comments because they were off topic and had nothing to do with jobs/occupations/careers.

I'm in my junior year of college (third year) and my major is Media Studies!
After I graduate, I hope to work in a public relations firm or something with advertising...
My current job right now is cashier/stock-girl at a pharmacy lol.

Honestly, my dream occupation would to tour around the world with my band, but like I said, it's only a dream. :P
School comes first!
And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:30 pm

bellaXraven wrote:
Honestly, my dream occupation would to tour around the world with my band, but like I said, it's only a dream. :P
School comes first!

Hey, I'd come to your concerts :awesome:

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Lol if my dream occupation came true, and I end up playing a European tour...I'd give a shout-out to all of my SP-Studio friends! :D

Okay, back to reality.
Hopefully by next year, I should be interning at a public relations firm of some sort...hopefully a paid internship lol.
And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Im hoping to go into broadcasting (radio)
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:12 pm
Till Mod

Nice, guy. Me too! :P

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Good luck to you both =)

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:30 pm
Till Mod

Thanks. Im looking foreward to see a great movie by the "Viralmonster&Joker Producions".. Good luck for you too.

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Till wrote:
Thanks. Im looking foreward to see a great movie by the "Viralmonster&Joker Producions".. Good luck for you too.

I recently picked BTEC Media, so I'm working my way there :awesome:

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm studying public Administration and doing specialization in H.R... my occupation will be H.R manager :)

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm

Unemployed at the moment

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:00 pm
Till Mod

so, tomorrow my exams start, wish me luck :)

Return to Life, the Universe and Everything