Board index Off Topic Computers, Videogames & Music MUSIC

MUSIC

Discuss musicians, songs, IT, gaming, gadgets, the internet,...
Your favourite genre of music

rock´n´roll
14%
alternative rock
10%
hardrock
10%
punk/punkrock
10%
pop
4%
clasical
8%
metal
8%
techno
No votes
house
1%
rap
6%
hiphop
5%
elecktrnica
1%
blues
4%
swing
3%
r´n´b
No votes
country
3%
other kinds
10%
some silly stuff I dont know how its called
3%
just that fucking shit that is in the charts, at the moment...
1%

Total votes : 79

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:43 am

Jetpack-guy wrote:
and i just think all rap sounds the same

Lets just be clear, go listen to 'stan' and 'like toy soldiers' by eminem. If you dont like them, your lying.
Add Wade Fukng Zabel on Facebook for dank memes

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:52 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Jabels wrote:
Umm, I suppose I should post a video of me playing.

Hey, you guys aren't bad; you had a good groove going there and you look really comfortable on stage which is a major obstacle for a lot of young, new bands. I've never been much of a Floyd fan post-Syd Barrett, but I do like that song, and that was a decent version.

Jabels wrote:
I'm not much of a singer

You're a long way from sucking though. You were in tune and on-beat, nothing wrong at all that a few months of regularly singing at high volume for a couple of hours at a time wouldn't fix. Singing is 90% confidence anyway, and it looks like you've already got that down. Everything else is just icing.

Jabels wrote:
I wish I had a video with me playing more complicated stuff, I only really have to play 6 notes in that song excluding fills.

Well, John Paul Jones is one of the best bassists of all time but even he wasn't above grooving on one note for almost the whole song once in a while. ;)

Jabels wrote:
Also, I do a sweet Waters-esque pig squeal around the 3:50 mark.

That you do. :thumbup:
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:26 am

I'm in a punk rock band called Bending Over Backwards!

Here is the link to the band page on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/bendingoverbackwards

NOTE: I'm only singing backing vocals since these recordings were from a while ago...
During live shows, I sing much more and I have more energy in my voice as well.
The recordings are rather old and I think my voice improved since then...

If you like what you hear, give us a like and tell all of your friends! =) It would be really awesome if we get some kind of exposure from other countries! :]
Last edited by bellaXraven on Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Had to add a little more information about songs, band stuff, etc.
And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:11 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Oh man, if you just lived this side of the pond...

No kidding, I was trying to get a band off the ground a little while back with a drummer and guitarist, but I was adamant that the bass player had to be a girl who plays and sings like Kim Deal. We eventually broke up without playing a single show because we couldn't find anyone suitable, but I'd have hired you in a heartbeat. You fuckin' rock, girl!

(Can't say I'm too fond of your lead singer, but the songs aren't bad either :P )

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:20 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Wade Zabel wrote:
Jetpack-guy wrote:
and i just think all rap sounds the same

Lets just be clear, go listen to 'stan' and 'like toy soldiers' by eminem. If you dont like them, your lying.

Nothing against Eminem, but to be fair, if you take out the choruses from those songs, both of which are sampled from other songs, then what's left does sound quite a bit like a lot of other rap. Granted he's a better lyricist than most, but still.

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:25 am

Wow! Thank you, Caribou! That really means a lot!
Here's the good news! I'm convincing him to let me sing more, and he agreed! =) He's all for it!
See, we're trying to share the spotlight...to show that there are two vocalists and not a lead vocalist with a backing band. However, the vocals were a little uneven. But like I said, he's all for allowing me to sing more! :)
Once we get into the studio, I'll sing more lead and I'll have you all check it out!

Again, thank you for the compliment. :] It really means a lot to me.
Last edited by bellaXraven on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Just wanted to clarify vocal equality!
And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:27 am
Janina User avatar
Admin

So many great musicians in this community! :clap:
No, I won't add more body shapes, band shirts or sports trikots. Really.

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Caribou wrote:
Wade Zabel wrote:
Jetpack-guy wrote:
Nothing against Eminem, but to be fair, if you take out the choruses from those songs, both of which are sampled from other songs, then what's left does sound quite a bit like a lot of other rap. Granted he's a better lyricist than most, but still.

Okay, not to sound like im obessed with eminem, but WITH the chorous in them,they dont sound the same. But then again, thats just me
Add Wade Fukng Zabel on Facebook for dank memes

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Um, I knw this will sound stupid compared to everyone else, but I'm pretty good on the Piano Accordion. If anyone wants to see I'll put up a video :/

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:08 pm

im not that musical
but i am my music class' harmonica player!
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:18 pm
Till Mod

... me too. thats sad. a always wanted to learn the guitar but never done it. arg. just now i havent got the time.damn.
signatures suc... wait, oh damnit!

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Sorry to hear it

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:36 pm
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

I'm on contrary very musical, I have great hearing and quite nice voice, although I can't play any instrument... Pity, I would like to play Piano, or even better, Pipe Organ..... Or, even such instrument like harpsichord.... :awesome:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­▬
Dies irae, dies illa
solvet saeclum in favilla:
teste David cum Sibylla.
Quantus tremor est futurus,
quando judex est venturus,
cuncta stricte discussurus!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:48 pm
Till Mod

maybe next year after my exams.
@Eggy: I began learning piano some time ago. ( my grandparents wanted that... but it wasnt the right thing for me9. I forgot nearly all after years off nearly not playing. The only title I still can play is smoke on the water from deep purple (was also a very good band and i may add: the doors) .

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:56 pm
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

@Till: That's cool, My dad is a big fan of Deep Purple :D
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­▬
Dies irae, dies illa
solvet saeclum in favilla:
teste David cum Sibylla.
Quantus tremor est futurus,
quando judex est venturus,
cuncta stricte discussurus!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:24 pm
Till Mod

cool

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Me too :awesome:

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:41 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

If you want to learn an instrument, go ahead and do it! Music's a great thing to be a part of.

Also, chicks dig musicians. ;)

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:23 pm
Till Mod

haha:D

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:47 pm

:lol:

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:58 pm
Till Mod

:D

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:24 pm

:awesome:

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 pm
Till Mod

we call this nonsence, Viral but go on if you want.

:D

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:35 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

Caribou wrote:
Jabels wrote:
Umm, I suppose I should post a video of me playing.

Hey, you guys aren't bad; you had a good groove going there and you look really comfortable on stage which is a major obstaxle for a lot of young, new bands. I've never been much of a Floyd fan post-Syd Barrett, but I do like that song, and that was a decent version.

Jabels wrote:
I'm not much of a singer

You're a long way from sucking though. You were in tune and on-beat, nothing wrong at all that a few months of regularly singing at high volume for a couple of hours at a time wouldn't fix. Singing is 90% confidence anyway, and it looks like you've already got that down. Everything else is just icing.

Jabels wrote:
I wish I had a video with me playing more complicated stuff, I only really have to play 6 notes in that song excluding fills.

Well, John Paul Jones is one of the best bassists of all time but even he wasn't above grooving on one note for almost the whole song once in a while. ;)

Jabels wrote:
Also, I do a sweet Waters-esque pig squeal around the 3:50 mark.

That you do. :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments and advice man, that means a lot coming from you. :) I'm assuming we had gotten over the whole "nervous" part since this was our 4th gig and the last song of the set, so I'm actually really comfortable on stage whenever I get up to do the occasional song at an Open Mic Night. And that Zep song is wicked, I was actually just listening to that album today.

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:05 pm
Caribou User avatar
Mod

ViralMonster wrote:
Um, I knw this will sound stupid compared to everyone else, but I'm pretty good on the Piano Accordion. If anyone wants to see I'll put up a video :/

That doesn't sound stupid at all. Some of my favourite bands have accordion players (The Pogues, Gogol Bordello). Even Nirvana used one once.

Jetpack-guy wrote:
im not that musical
but i am my music class' harmonica player!

I totally wish I'd learned to play harmonica. It's such a useful tool for a singer to be able to pull out but I was such a punk snob when I was first learning to play that the idea of playing harmonica was horrible to me. I wish I'd been more open-minded back then 'cause I play in a much more bluesy style now than I used to. And I don't really see myself getting round to learning a new instrument to any decent level these days.

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

ViralMonster wrote:

If it's a talent, it isn't stupid. Keep at it, man!

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Jabels wrote:
ViralMonster wrote:

If it's a talent, it isn't stupid. Keep at it, man!

Thanks man!

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:31 pm
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Wade Zabel wrote:
Caribou wrote:

Okay, not to sound like im obessed with eminem, but WITH the chorous in them,they dont sound the same. But then again, thats just me

Sure. But if someone says they don't like rap, telling them to go listen to Eminem isn't likely to change their minds. Chances are they've already heard plenty of Eminem. There's a pretty good chance he's even part of what they're complaining about. ;)

Eminem is very good at what he does, no question. But he's not the Messiah. He's just a very naughty boy.

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:35 pm
Jabels User avatar
Mod

Caribou wrote:
Eminem is very good at what he does, no question. But he's not the Messiah. He's just a very naughty boy.

You sly fucker. I was actually about to post that until I hit the reply button.

But go check out some OutKast, Deltron 3030 or even some De La Soul or Run DMC if you want some good rap.

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Or some Tinnie Tempah

Previous"Next

Return to Computers, Videogames & Music