Board index SP-Studio.de Announcements Contest 11/2017: FAMOUS LEADERS

Contest 11/2017: FAMOUS LEADERS

Here talks Janina. Stay up-to-date and comment on updates.
Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:38 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Join the new SP-Studio picture contest: FAMOUS LEADERS! This time no fictional characters count, because I want to see your SP-Studio versions of existing people. Kings and queens, military or religious leaders, people who were on top of historical movements or just leaders of sport teams... it's up to you.

HOW TO JOIN:

1. Submit your picture on the CONTESTS page until November 20. No registration required!
  2. The pictures will all show up on November 21 for a vote. Same URL, no registration required!
  3. On December 1 the winners will be announced.

RULES:

• Please use the "big" size (770x770px) when you save your picture. The normal size is okay as well, but don't upload them too small.
  • You are allowed to remove the "sp-studio.de" watermark (there is a button on the save screen).
  • The picture must be created at sp-studio.de and submitted until November 20, 11:59 PM (GMT+1). I might allow pictures which are a little bit late, but don't count on it. ;)
  • No editing with additional software! No effects, color change, zooming or rotating. Just SP-Studio pictures.
  • If you don't want to tell me your email address this is okay, but I might not be able to contact you if you win.
  • If you have problems with the contact form on the website you can send the picture by email or forum / Facebook message.
  • Add a fitting English description so we know what's shown in your picture. Text like "VOTE!!!" will be removed.
  • If you upload more than one picture for a contest the newest one counts and the others are deleted.
  • When the voting starts you can lik the pictures until November 30.

FIRST PRIZE:

I will draw a SP-Studio item based on YOUR idea. Of course it should be useful in some way, but if I decline your wish you can make another one. The new item will be included in the next update with a fitting topic.

Post Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:41 pm
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

I'm In!

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
Tochter aus Elysium!
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische dein Heiligtum!
Deine zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
Wo dein saftner Flügel weilt!

Post Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:35 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

After 5 pictures I can already tell the amount of Hitlers will be high in this one...

Post Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:52 pm
Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

I am in, with no Hitler

Post Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:18 am

Janina wrote:
After 5 pictures I can already tell the amount of Hitlers will be high in this one...

Are figures like Hitler permissible? There are so many controversial leaders, one reason why I find this contest difficult.

Post Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:34 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

I won't delete any picture for showing a controversial leader. But I will delete pictures which show a swastika, because showing these is against the German law. I don't want to get into trouble.

And of course nobody should use this contest to spread hateful political propaganda. If a picture of Hitler is attached to a message that sounds like somebody is a big fan of him I don't want this here.

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:01 pm

I'm in. At least once I attached my image...
Would you kindly head to Ryan's office and kill the son of a bitch?

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:42 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

32 pictures so far :)

Many Trumps and Hitlers, but the rest is interesting.

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:52 pm

That's why I think it would cut down on similar entries if you made it so that entries were visible as they were being posted. That sports contest had like five Muhammad Ali entries.

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Judging from the creativity shown in most of these pictures I don't think this would change anything, because they know they chose an obvious character and don't care about it. When asked for a "famous leader" Hitler comes in mind first from the past and Trump is the current U.S. president. This is not a big surprise.

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:40 am

I think it could, though. If someone saw that Hitler or Trump was already done, that might motivate them to think up a different entry. Especially when similar entries sort of cancel each other out.

Post Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:58 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Time to vote!

http://www.sp-studio.de/contests/

Again we have several very interesting pictures, great work of all of you! :)

And regarding Trump and Hitler: It's not as bad as I thought at first. The pictures are still different and I moved them next to each other for easier comparison. There are different approaches.

Post Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:51 pm
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

What are the odds? Both me and Jareen made a Napoleon Bonaparte pic, and we both are so far in a second place, both having 4 likes! :lol:

Tochter aus Elysium!

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:02 pm

There has been so many good works this time. Some of them are really simple but the character is well defined. :thumbup:

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:35 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Indeed. That's why I like contests about "real people" from time to time to mix things up. They seem to inspire more caricature like pictures.

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:48 pm

Just wondering, but was the Queen Elizabeth entry always the front runner in terms of votes? I wasn't paying attention, until I saw they were way ahead of the pack.

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:19 pm
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

No, she wasn't. I already addressed this to my fellow moderators, and we're waiting for Janina to sort it out.

Tochter aus Elysium!

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:49 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Unfortunately this is the downside of the vote without registration. It's easier to vote, but it's also easier to manipulate the results (with the help of friends or alone). Since we want a realistic result and this picture would not have won in a fair contest it will be disqualified. I saw how low it was rated before and a sudden change like this is really strange. It's good that you kept an eye on this.

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:26 am
Janina User avatar
Admin

THE FINAL RESULTS:

1) 20 points: Che Guevara (by Art Vandelay)
2) 17 points: Winston Churchill (by Jetpack-Guy)
3) 15 points: Mahatma Gandhi (by Strider)
3) 15 points: Napoléon Bonaparte (by Jeffrey / Jareen2)
5) 14 points: Adolf Hitler (by Zawesome)

Image Image

Image Image

The winners were added to the contest page and the Hall of Fame. Thank you all for joining the contest and for voting! As always it was a pleasure to see your creative pictures and there were far more than five which deserve attention.

Congratulations to Art Vandelay for the first place! You can make a wish now :) . Since the Christmas Special starts today your wish might appear in it if it's something visually interesting. Otherwise I will find a fitting update next year.

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:47 am

Cool! I was happy with how my entry turned out, so I'm glad other people dug it.

As for a "wish", how about a Ghosbusters proton pack and trap? From the original movie series, that is.

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:30 am
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

Congratulations Art!

Tochter aus Elysium!

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

The wish is granted. :)
Well, you won't see much of the proton pack because of the huge heads... I had the same problem before with jetpacks and similar items. But the trap works.

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:45 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

By the way: Those eyebrows seem to be very popular. :D

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:43 pm

Congratulations to the other winners! :clap:
And thanks to all who voted mi work. :wave:

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:07 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

I'm afraid I'll have to cancel the contest for this month. The Christmas Special eats up all my time and there are some personal thing which need more attention as well. But I hope the Christmas Special is a good replacement. And the annual "What happened last year?" contest will start on January first.

Return to Announcements