Board index SP-Studio.de Announcements Contest 02/2016: LOVE

Contest 02/2016: LOVE

Here talks Janina. Stay up-to-date and comment on updates.
Post Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:07 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, but I guess LOVE is a nice topic for our February Contest. So let's focus on some positive feelings! :love: This is a free topic. You can make up a romantic scene or show famous couples. It is all up to you as long it has to do with love.

HOW TO JOIN:

1. If you are new: Register a nickname by clicking on the REGISTER button in the menu on top of this page.
  2. Then you can upload your picture to the contest gallery.
The pictures will all show up on February 21, before this they are hidden. Then everybody can vote.

RULES:

• Please use the "classic" size when you save your picture. You are allowed to remove the "sp-studio.de" watermark (this is possible within the save screen).
  • The picture must be created at sp-studio.de and submitted here till February 20th, 11:59 PM (GMT+1).
  • No editing with additional software! No effects, color change, zooming. Just SP-Studio pictures. But you are allowed to rotate the picture.
  • Add a fitting English title & description (optional). You can add reference links so others can compare your version to how the characters look like in real. No text like "VOTE!!!".
  • If you upload more than one picture for a contest the newest counts and the others are deleted.
  • When the voting starts registered users can rate the pictures (1-5 stars) until February 29.
  • Vote fair! Do not manipulate results by telling friends to give you 5 stars and others 1 star. I will ban you for this.
PRIZES:

1st place: Make a wish for a new SP-Studio item and I will draw and include it.
1st to 5th place: You win your own User Gallery. If you already have one you can upload 30 more files to it now.
Janina's Choice: I might pick one additional person, if I think he/she deserves a user gallery. The score doesn't matter.

Good luck!

Post Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:31 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Yes, I missed the chance to make contest 69 the LOVE contest and this one the DEVIL contest...

Post Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:15 pm
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

I'm in.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
Tochter aus Elysium!
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische dein Heiligtum!
Deine zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
Wo dein saftner Flügel weilt!

Post Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:35 pm
Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

I am in

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:44 pm

I'm in.
I'm a Motherf*cking Fox.
-John Green

Post Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:14 pm

In!

Post Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:44 pm

It's been several years since I was here last. Mine's in.

Post Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:55 pm
Till Mod

In that case: Welcome back.

I'm in too.
signatures suc... wait, oh damnit!

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:22 am

I'm in... (I guess...).

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:57 am
Janina User avatar
Admin

You can vote :)

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Wow, so many great pictures...hard to vote..

Post Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:43 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Caribou is back with a victory! And we had a couple of really nice artworks.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS:

1) Caribou
2) legobasher
3) Jetpack-guy
4) Jareen2
5) Eggyslav

6876 6874 6873 6872

Since the private messages don't work for me please send me your wish in an e-mail or write it in this thread. Backgrounds, shirts or hairstyles are among the things I want to focus on next (just in case you have something in mind that fits these categories). But of course every wish is possible :).

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:45 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

A pretty simple wish for me this time, please: a pair of hands, one being the regular closed fist and the other open, like in this edited Obi-Wan Kenobi picture I did years ago:
Bustin' makes me feel good

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:29 am
Janina User avatar
Admin

This should be no problem :).

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:33 pm

Just a thought on Caribou's wish - would it be possible to have each hand as a separate object? We could choose a left hand, and a right hand, a different style for each, in any combination. Or would it be too difficult/ too much work to make this change?

Quick question - I submitted my Venus de Milo. Then a few days later I made an improved version with some tweaks. I submitted this as well.

I thought the rules were, if I submit several pictures, you use my latest picture as my entry. However, you used my first one. (I PM'd you about it. I didn't know you had trouble with PMs)

Not a big deal, just asking.

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:42 am
Janina User avatar
Admin

Oh... I am very sorry for this :(. I remember deleting some pictures and I thought I always picked the older one to delete. But if it's the wrong picture in the gallery I must have made a mistake.

Regarding the hands: It would be some work but I guess it's possible to do this. But I am afraid it would be too much trouble to pick two hands for the common SP-Studio user, who just wants to build a character quick. On the other hand ( ;) ) I guess most of those users won't even change the type of hands... hmm... I will think about it. I have already planned some other things for the next updates though.

Return to Announcements