Board index Off Topic Computers, Videogames & Music MUSIC

MUSIC

Discuss musicians, songs, IT, gaming, gadgets, the internet,...
Your favourite genre of music

rock´n´roll
14%
alternative rock
10%
hardrock
10%
punk/punkrock
10%
pop
4%
clasical
8%
metal
8%
techno
No votes
house
1%
rap
6%
hiphop
5%
elecktrnica
1%
blues
4%
swing
3%
r´n´b
No votes
country
3%
other kinds
10%
some silly stuff I dont know how its called
3%
just that fucking shit that is in the charts, at the moment...
1%

Total votes : 79

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:55 pm
Till Mod

Yea, it luckily does not have to happen.
signatures suc... wait, oh damnit!

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

I think Radiohead are probably the best example of a hugely famous and successful band who are Doing It Right. Whether you like their music or not, it's hard to fault their integrity.
If God is a DJ, Jesus was a cross-fader

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:01 am

Caribou wrote:
I think Radiohead are probably the best example of a hugely famous and successful band who are Doing It Right. Whether you like their music or not, it's hard to fault their integrity.

Oh, without a doubt. Personally, I haven't listened to much of them and I kick myself for that. From what I've heard over the years, I really like them.
"It's all bullshit, folks and its bad for ya."-George Carlin

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:09 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

The Bends is the one to get, particularly if like me you prefer their guitar-based stuff to their more ambient/weird side. Every song on that album is great, and several are true masterpieces. OK Computer is great too but not the essential classic that so many people make it out to be. The rest of their stuff can be quite polarising but those two are a good starting point.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:44 pm

I've been listening to The Bends, and it's great. I'm really diggin' Black Star, Just, The Bends, and Planet Tenex. I'm going to try out OK Computer later tonight...

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Hey guys! =)
Remember I told you all I was in a band?
Remember I said we were going to re-record the three songs that were on our Facebook page??? :D
Well, it's done and you can all listen to our mastered EP!

Here's the link!!!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BendingOverB ... 2405167945

What our producer did was edit and mix our songs with Pro-Tools, and then sent it to analog tape to give the songs that warm, crisp, vintage sound. =]
I really hope you all like it.

The song "Pictures" is the one where I'm doing lead vocals so you can take a listen if you all want! =]
And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:37 pm
Till Mod

very cool, really. Of course "pictures " is the best one ;)

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:40 am

Thank you, Till. That really means a lot to me. =)
I really owe it to my friends who work in a recording studio...
Sending the recordings to analog tape was the best idea we had.
And I don't really care if you think I'm strange, I'm not gonna change, and I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:40 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

@bellaXraven: It's a big improvement over the last stuff I heard, well done. Your lead singer sounds like he's getting more confident too (although you're still by far the better of the two of you). My only real criticism is that you should try to tighten up the arrangements a little: the first song is far too long, which is a shame because it's pretty catchy, but the instrumental breaks between verses could be half as long as they are now, or even shorter, and the song would sound a lot punchier. When you're doing Ramones-style punk you want your songs to be between a minute-and-a-half to three minutes as a general rule; if they're going to be longer then they need more parts than just verses and choruses, or more instrumental texture.

Similarly, an idea I had for "Pictures": rather than starting with the band playing as it does now, why not try singing the first couple of lines with no instrumental backing at all, and then BAM! straight into the rest of the song with no messing about. Little touches like that can make a huge difference to the energy of the performance, and also make your songs stand out from the crowd. Not that I'm telling you you should use that exact idea, of course, but it works as an illustration of what I'm getting at.

But overall, yeah, :thumbup:

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:08 am

Caribou,
Thank you for your honesty. It's greatly, GREATLY appreciated in every way. :)
I was a little dissapointed with the first song...you're right. It is a bit longer than we intended to.
We may re-do it in the future when we eventually get an album going. Right now, we're taking it one step at a time.
I'm glad you like my voice. =]
For the song Pictures, we may try that during one of our shows. I'll see what they think.
Thank you so much for constructive critcism and ideas!!!

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:34 am

MUSE's The 2nd Law is a damn fine record.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JSD0hl9 ... re=related
I'm diggin' it more than The Resistance.
Also, Adam Green and Binki Shaprio from Little Joy made a record together and they released their first track.
"Here I Am"
It's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:10 am

@BellaxRaven:
It isn't the kind of music I use to hear, but it doesn't sound bad. Good luck! ;)

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 pm
Till Mod

Inspired by ADePALMA's post i just watched MUSE's HAARP concert in the wembly stadium which my dad has on dvd. Just an awesome concert, really.

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:31 am

Any Deftones fans here?
If you are, I'm sure you've heard by now that their bass player, Chi Cheng, died last night. :(
He was only 42...it's such a shame.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... dead-at-42

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:32 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

I've always liked Deftones, they were one of the first bands I ever saw live (on the Adrenaline tour) and one of only two or three notable bands from the "nu metal" scene to have made consistently good, interesting music throughout their career. It's a real shame about Chi, but it all stems from the car accident he had about five years ago, and he's been pretty much comatose since then, so it's probably for the best. That wasn't really much of a way to go on living. :(

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:52 am

Caribou wrote:
I've always liked Deftones, they were one of the first bands I ever saw live (on the Adrenaline tour) and one of only two or three notable bands from the "nu metal" scene to have made consistently good, interesting music throughout their career. It's a real shame about Chi, but it all stems from the car accident he had about five years ago, and he's been pretty much comatose since then, so it's probably for the best. That wasn't really much of a way to go on living. :(

Yeah, when I found out about Chi, I was sad, but somewhat relieved since he was pretty much in a vegetative state for all of these years.
I just feel bad for his family...especially his sister who survived the car accident... :(
Well, my band is thinking of covering "Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)" in the future so we'll see how it comes out. :)

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:19 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Ha, my first band used to cover that! Really fucking badly, but still.

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:59 pm

So yeah, my band played a show about a month ago...and someone videotaped our cover of "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts!!! =]

Here's the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5TSMlXx2Og&noredirect=1

Post Thu May 09, 2013 5:55 pm
Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

bellaXraven wrote:
So yeah, my band played a show about a month ago...and someone videotaped our cover of "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts!!! =]

Here's the link!

Not bad :thumbup: I myself just love this band cover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_qqFWtyMXQ

and i love this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epvOeT7d ... Gr&index=1

Post Fri May 10, 2013 11:17 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

bellaXraven wrote:

Here's the link!

Missed that when you posted it, but that's not bad at all. Decent quality for a home recording as well. :thumbup:

Post Sat May 11, 2013 1:36 pm

I was just wondering, what do people think of this song? I personally love it and it's a top contender for my favourite summer tune :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrMl32cuC2A
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Post Sat May 11, 2013 6:55 pm

I personally really like a rapper who I'm not sure a lot people know about on YouTube if you look up watsky he is a rapper and a poet and he's totally different he has some really fun to deep songs that I listen to every single day (Listening to him while I type this LOL) I hope you give him a try he does stuff I love check it out http://www.youtube.com/user/gwatsky
Chuck Norris can't breath underwater....water wouldn't dare to take oxygen from Chuck Norris
-Someone who knows the truth

Post Sun May 26, 2013 3:20 pm
Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

Josh 19th wrote:
I personally really like a rapper who I'm not sure a lot people know about on YouTube if you look up watsky he is a rapper and a poet and he's totally different he has some really fun to deep songs that I listen to every single day (Listening to him while I type this LOL) I hope you give him a try he does stuff I love check it out http://www.youtube.com/user/gwatsky

Kinda reminds the way they rap in epic rap battle's of history.

I started to listen to ska some days ago
I love madness :D and the song ALCHOL IS FREE from eurovison 2013 greece. I aslo started listen to dick dale.

Madness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-uyWAe0NhQ
Greece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNR5gYIfQ8
Dick Dale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRH_70_Foow

Post Mon May 27, 2013 12:04 am

Jareen what songs did u listen 2 just curious
Chuck Norris can't breath underwater....water wouldn't dare to take oxygen from Chuck Norris

Post Mon May 27, 2013 7:19 am
Jareen2 User avatar
Mod

Josh 19th wrote:
Jareen what songs did u listen 2 just curious

The Sloppy seconds vid

Post Mon May 27, 2013 7:47 am
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

Jareen2 wrote:
Josh 19th wrote:

Kinda reminds the way they rap in epic rap battle's of history.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Watsky Actually was guest starring in one of ERB episodes....

Yep, he was playing Shakespeare and the fourth Doctor. Auntie Wikipedia confirms.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­▬
Dies irae, dies illa
solvet saeclum in favilla:
teste David cum Sibylla.
Quantus tremor est futurus,
quando judex est venturus,
cuncta stricte discussurus!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​­

Post Mon May 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Yeah he was that was where I found him an I've been hooked since, Also Jareen if you liked Sloppy Seconds check out

Tiny glowing screens part 1
Wounded Healer
Cardboard Castles

Let me know what you think :awesome:

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:19 am

I've been listening to three songs a lot recently-
Kim Cesarion - Undressed (i know he's a bit of a douchebag, but oh well)
Avicii - Wake Me Up (Ft. Aloe Blacc)
ASTR - Operate
Have a listen and tell me what you think! :D
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:16 am
Jabels User avatar
Mod

Christ, this year's been pretty good in terms of music.

New Bowie
New Daft Punk
New MGMT
New Frank Turner
New KT Tunstall
New Tom Milsom
Neutral Milk Hotel reunion tour

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, but god damn.

Also this is my song of the year, I've listened to it nearly every day since it came out:
Tom Milsom - Pipes

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:52 am
Till Mod

new MGMT? didn't know so far, i'll check it out :)
(God, I LOVE Spotify!)

I do listen a lot lostprophets and zebrahead recently. And I cant believe how many absolute awesome german bands I found this Year.

oh, and to continue your list: NEW Black Sabbath =)

Previous"Next

Return to Computers, Videogames & Music