Board index Off Topic TV, Movies & Literature The Official "Rate the TV Show/Movie Above You"

The Official "Rate the TV Show/Movie Above You"

Discuss books, poetry, mangas, TV shows, films, actors...
Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

8/10, far better than what I originally anticipated to be honest...

Drag Me To Hell?
Credit to Jabels for signature...

Janina User avatar
Admin

This was a nice surprise. Very entertaining, it reminded me of fun Hollywood movies from the 80s. Not the scariest horror movie around, but fast-paced, with graphic scenes and the right amount of humour.

8.5/10

The Lego Movie?

I love that movie, one of the best movies of last year, the concept could have been just a cash grab but it captured the spirit of Lego and everyone I know loves the characters.

9/10

Interstellar?
Would you kindly head to Ryan's office and kill the son of a bitch?

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

8.5/10. One of my favourite movies of 2014, only behind Boyhood, Guardians of the Galaxy and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. The film has such an incredible atmosphere. I last saw it a few months ago so I don't remember an awful lot but damn, it had some really emotional scenes like
Spoiler: show
when Cooper watches the 25 year old footage of his daughter and discovers she's now the same age as him...;_;
It's my second favourite Chris Nolan film, behind The Dark Knight...

Aaand....
fuck Matt Damon in that film!

Also, personally, the scene when Cooper gets stuck in the black hole for me was absolutely terrifying. Like, I've had nighmares and shit about being stuck in time loops and seeing that on screen really got creeped out :scared:

Looper?

Dogzilla wrote:
8.5/10. One of my favourite movies of 2014, only behind Boyhood, Guardians of the Galaxy and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. The film has such an incredible atmosphere. I last saw it a few months ago so I don't remember an awful lot but damn, it had some really emotional scenes like
when Cooper watches the 25 year old footage of his daughter and discovers she's now the same age as him...;_;
It's my second favourite Chris Nolan film, behind The Dark Knight...

Also,
fuck Matt Damon in that film!

MURPH!!!!!!!!!!!

Janina User avatar
Admin

Again 8.5/10. I enjoy time travel stories a lot, and this one worked from the beginning to the end. The story was way more clever than I expected from a action movie.
Now please rate one of my personal favorites:

Lucky # Slevin?

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

I thought it was great, specifically the fast-paced, clever, funny dialogue. Ben Kingsley and Morgan Freeman are great in the film at playing dangerous, scary, do-not-mess-with gang bosses and Bruce Willis is, well, great at what Bruce Willis does. ;)
It's a very interesting film.

8.2/10.

Signs?

Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

5/10. I saw it a long time ago, and not thoroughly, and for me it was unremarkable and kinda boring, for a sci-fi/horror movie....

Amadeus?

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
Tochter aus Elysium!
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische dein Heiligtum!
Deine zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
Wo dein saftner Flügel weilt!

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

I saw Amadeus the first time just a couple of months ago and it's one of the most well done movies I've ever see. I literally don't have a bad thing to say about it, other than it's historical inaccuracies. The acting was amazing and the story was enthralling, I'll give it 9.4/10...

Kingsman: The Secret Service?

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

Ah, well. Well I thought it was pretty awesome. The action scenes were amazing and the film was a great throwback/spin on the spy genre...

How bout 28 Days Later?

Janina User avatar
Admin

Back then I really liked the beginning, because it was very atmospheric. But I cannot remember much about the second half... it seemed to be more generic. Not more than 8/10.
Now a movie I dislike very much, but I know it has its fans:

The Hunger Games?

Reasonable, I'm a big fan of the books and the 1st movie barely did it justice, the other 2 movies did a lot better jobs

6/10

Avengers: Age Of Ultron?

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

I thought it was good, but sorta disappointing (due to my ultra high expectations, unfortunately). I didn't really like Ultron being a smartass and replicating Tony Stark's personality. I found Ultron overall disappointing (the first teaser trailer portrayed him as an absolute badass but a lot of his best lines from the trailers were changed in the film). Black Widow and Hawkeye got some pretty good character development compared their other MCU appearances, that was good. They got The Vision spot-on and
Quicksilver's death was surprising..."you didn't see that coming" ;) (I could have sworn they were building up to Hawkeye's death...)
Overall I'd give it a 7.6/10. I'm trying to lower my expectations a bit more going in to Civil War, but OMGGGGICANTHELPITSOSTOKED!!!!!1111!!1!

Mad Max: Fury Road?

Nothing in this film was anything less than spectacular. Rad story, kick ass characters, great score, and fantastic visuals. 11/10

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou?

I'm guessing no one's seen The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, so we'll try a new one:

Once Upon a Time in the West?

Dogzilla User avatar
Mod

It never really ceases to amaze me. The cinematography, performances, musical score, direction and so much more make it my 2nd favourite western ever (behind Django Unchained) and it's by far Sergio Leone's best film..

Whiplash?

Janina User avatar
Admin

I gues it's okay to post a new one after some time has passed. Since I just watched it today...

The Silence of the Lambs?

Previous"

Return to TV, Movies & Literature