[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
SP-Studio Community • View topic - Any of your favourite shows cancelled?
Board index Off Topic TV, Movies & Literature Any of your favourite shows cancelled?

Any of your favourite shows cancelled?

Discuss books, poetry, mangas, TV shows, films, actors...
Post Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:54 am

Does anyone, know if any of your shows you loved or use to watch as a child cancelled? I give you guys mine.....uh I think Law and Order has been cancelled, I use to watch when I was young, at an age I wasn't suppose to watch it. Use to stay up at night to get to watch it, hope my parents won't come down and see me.
Another I think is gone is Andy Pandy. Now why the hell is that gone!?!! I loved Andy Pandy! :] And ow its gone, I wonder if I can get the episodes on dvd? Hmmmm......... :???: :drop: :huffy: Still I can't believe its gone.

Yep. To be honest...all of my favorite television shows are no longer on the air.
But when it comes to shows getting cancelled? My favorite has got to be Freaks and Geeks.
It was cancelled after one season due to the lack of viewers.
It gained a cult following and is currently on Netflix.

I loved that show.
It launched James Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segal into several movies and television shows following it's cancellation.
I don't give a damn about my bad reputation! -Joan Jett, Bad Reputation 1980

Caribou User avatar
Mod

I'd much rather a show got cancelled early than carried on until the quality drops. Breaking Bad got it spot on. Same with comedy shows like Fawlty Towers or Flight of the Conchords: only two seasons each but every single episode is genius, and they'll stay that way forever. I remember when The Simpsons used to be the greatest TV show of all time but unfortunately these days it's being written by people who were only kids themselves when it first started and they're just doing a second-rate impression of the show they grew up with.

To be honest, I'm amazed that South Park has lasted this long without any major drop in quality. I think the fact that Trey and Matt rule it with such iron fists has a lot to do with it. Too many cooks, and all that...

Janina User avatar
Admin

I was a huge fan of the X-Files, but this shows was cancelled years after I lost interest. So I guess it was the right time ;). I liked the first seasons of Heroes and Prison Break, but it was the same with thiese shows: I stopped watching before they were cancelled.

A show I enjoyed until the final minute was LOST. I really really loved it, even though some fans did not like ending. So in a way I was sad that it was over... but I am with Caribou here: Better stop at a point when you are still good.

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:48 am
Caribou User avatar
Mod

Janina User avatar
Admin

My X-Files time ended at the end of season 5. And it's the same with my DVD boxset. I wanted to watch all the seasons but when I reached season 6 I got bored again ;).

Regarding LOST: Maybe it was my luck that I started to watch it around the time of the final season. Because I did not want to spoil it for me I did not discuss anything with other fans or read interviews. But after I finished the show I read a lot of background info and I am still amazed about the love for details. It has this huge mythology behind it that I appreciate a lot.

[ spoiler warning! ]
I am still surprised some people believe the island was purgatory, even after the ending. The only purgatory storyline were the "flackbacks" in season 6, but this is just a very small part of the whole mythology and they are not even connected much to the rest of it. The show would have worked without them, so the cheesy ending did not bother me much.
And I really liked the over the top time travel storylines... but I guess that's just my personal love for things like this ;). I can understand why people who loved the first season got lost during the strange ways this show decided to take.

Caribou User avatar
Mod

Janina User avatar
Admin

Oh yes! "Drive" and "Triangle" were the last two episodes I watched during my X-Files rerun and I enjoyed both of them. I really should continue with watching it...

Return to TV, Movies & Literature